Author Topic: Prayers for the victims of Orlando  (Read 3127 times)

gf78

Prayers for the victims of Orlando
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »
Wanted to just express my heartfelt sorrow for the victims in Orlando Florida. What an evil fucking world we live in.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Prayers for the victims of Orlando
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »
Terrorist are scum bags. RIP to everyone (but the killer)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 01:51:18 pm »
Update:  Piece of shit killer made a 911 call, pledging allegiance to ISIS.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »
Trump was right. Where will it be next.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:03:43 pm »

Don't make this political. It's not the time to drag that idiots name into this. 

It's incredibly tragic this happened.  I live in Florida, just a couple hour drive away from Orlando, though I wish I lived there to help with at least some blood donation as I've never done it before, but it's amazing to see the hundreds that are already lining up to give blood there right now.

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/06/donate-blood-orlando/

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 03:18:44 pm »

Don't make this political. It's not the time to drag that idiots name into this. 

It's incredibly tragic this happened.  I live in Florida, just a couple hour drive away from Orlando, though I wish I lived there to help with at least some blood donation as I've never done it before, but it's amazing to see the hundreds that are already lining up to give blood there right now.

Isis is a political issue and the reason for the bloodshed, a resolution through meaningful discussion makes the likelihood of such tragedies less likely to recur than sentimentalism. Not that i'm against the tributes, and respects. But it's happened before this isn't the first time, just it was schools. Meaningful discussion is more important at this point, but your sentiments are understood.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 03:27:02 pm »

Isis is a political issue and the reason for the bloodshed, a resolution through meaningful discussion makes the likelihood of such tragedies less likely to recur than sentimentalism. Not that i'm against the tributes, and respects. But it's happened before this isn't the first time, just it was schools. Meaningful discussion is more important at this point, but your sentiments are understood.
Dude, you completely missed his point.  Inserting non-related people to this tragedy will not promote meaningful discussion.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »

I agree in meaningful discussion, but Trump is not the one brought in for that.  This doesn't have much to do with actual ISIS, it's some random home grown extremist who decided to tie his attacks to them with a pledge, but he was an American citizen.  If ISIS was gone, he'd attach himself to any other random muslim terrorist group to help justify his views. 

Right now, we just need to let the details settle before going off on what needs to happen in the future.

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 03:42:54 pm »

Dude, you completely missed his point.  Inserting non-related people to this tragedy will not promote meaningful discussion.
It is related. It'll come back to gun control, and Islamic terrorism sooner or later. But before that some solidarity movement which eventually dies down until the next shooting rather than resolving anything.

dreama1

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »

I agree in meaningful discussion, but Trump is not the one brought in for that.  This doesn't have much to do with actual ISIS, it's some random home grown extremist who decided to tie his attacks to them with a pledge, but he was an American citizen.  If ISIS was gone, he'd attach himself to any other random muslim terrorist group to help justify his views. 

Right now, we just need to let the details settle before going off on what needs to happen in the future.
Right. Agreed.

stealthrush

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 04:04:09 pm »
I'll just leave this here..

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 04:08:25 pm »

Don't bring that bullshit into here.

stealthrush

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 04:32:15 pm »

Don't bring that bullshit into here.

It is the elephant in the room whether you like it or not.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 04:41:23 pm »

Mocking the lives lost by thinking Infowars has anything legitimate to say about this.  They are a bunch of opportunistic scumbags.

stealthrush

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

Mocking the lives lost by thinking Infowars has anything legitimate to say about this.  They are a bunch of opportunistic scumbags.

By not discussing the culprit's motives is mocking lives lost. I agree, most of Infowars exaggerates and panders although the sentiment expressed needed to be said.

'It's time for America to choose. You can have female emancipation and gay rights, or you can have Muslims. Western capitalist democracy gave women and gays equal footing in society. Islam is here to roll the clock back.' -Milo Yiannopoulos