Author Topic: Favorite First Person Shooter?  (Read 5281 times)

Re: Favorite First Person Shooter?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 07:50:45 am »
Timesplitters 2 and future perfect

Is there a particular console that is best for the Timesplitters games?
PS2.

Gamecube is missing buttons, so you miss out on some features, like the select menu stuff.

I own, but am unfamiliar with the xbox version and controller.

pacpix

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 09:06:29 am »
I don't play FPS games all that often, but I had a ton of fun playing the Goldeneye remake on Wii when it came out.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:04 am »
Borderlands. 

The first one was my favorite.  I played the shit out of it.  The second one is probably better, but I liked the auto-turret from the first game.  It's just my favorite.

tripredacus

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 09:40:26 am »
Quake 3 Arena

kashell

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 09:52:30 am »
I'm not a fan of this genre, but Dishonored looked really cool when I watched someone play it.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:22 am »
Oh man so many great ones, a personal favorite of mine is the original Quake, and all of ID's FPS. Borderlands is pretty great too, I'm on my second run of the Borderlands games and man those are addicting.

gf78

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 10:07:56 am »
Man....I have to go with the Halo series.  I've played Halo 1, 2, 3 & Reach more than just about any other FPS out there.  I didn't play a lot of Halo 4 because the campaign was kinda dull and the multiplayer got boring quickly.  I went back to playing Reach multiplayer and that was probably my favorite.  Now that I've won an Xbox One, I'm going to give Halo 5 a try. 

With that being said, there are a ton of FPS games & series that I love.  It started with Wolfenstein 3D for me, then Doom.  Bioshock, Killzone, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor....I could go on & on about all the great FPS I have played. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

aliensstudios

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 10:54:04 am »
Timesplitters 2 and future perfect

Is there a particular console that is best for the Timesplitters games?
PS2.

Gamecube is missing buttons, so you miss out on some features, like the select menu stuff.

I own, but am unfamiliar with the xbox version and controller.
Agreed. Plus PS2 is the only console you can get the whole series for so the familiarity is there.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

shfan

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 12:43:27 pm »
Tricky. FPS is one of my least favourite genres (at least within the genres which I actually play), but I loooooooooooooooove BioShock and BioShock 2 to the extent they must be in my top five of all time. That said, they aren't 'pure' FPS and I don't normally associate them with the term.

So technically it's BioShock 1 & 2 by a mile, but when it comes to more standard FPS gaming I'd say either Call of Duty 3 or one of the early PC ones like Ken's Labyrinth, Wolfenstein 3D or Blake Stone.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 07:28:11 pm »
Killzone

rosey

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »
Honestly, probably TF2. Singleplayer probably ends up being Half Life 2, however.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 03:58:45 pm »
Unreal

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 05:03:44 pm »
Pikmin 2 ;)

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 08:54:48 am »
Damn, good topic!

1. Half Life 2 (including episodes)
2. Perfect Dark
3. Goldeneye 007
4. Doom II
5. Black Mesa (Half Life)

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »
Of all time it's a tie up between COD4 and COD:WAW. COD4 was my first 7th game and the first game I played on a console that I owned myself. Amazing graphics for the time and the gameplay was extremely fun and addictive. Then WAW came along with a WW2 setting and some new features like Nazi Zombies. I think they adapted COD4's mechanics into a WW2 game really well and since I have an interest in that time period I've waiting ever since for another WW2 COD game, maybe going into a campaign not so often looked at e.g. China, Burma or Norway. While it's a massive shame the multiplayer is unplayable, I still find the campaigns fun to go back to every time.

A runner up would be the new Doom, I expected it to be pretty good but it blew my expectations out of the water. Awesome fast paced action, interesting level design all while listening to kick ass metal music!