Author Topic: More Missing Consoles  (Read 47513 times)

Re: More Missing Consoles
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »
I searched and didn't see any mention, though I might've missed it, but it'd be good to see the PC-98 added. There's admittedly a lot of hentai games for it, but a few gems to be found, like Night Slave and Rude Breaker.

« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »
I need the PC-98 and the PC-88 added if I'm ever to list everything I own, so yeah - please add!

tripredacus

« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:52 pm »
Sega Saturn (Brazil) needs a spot too.

« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2013, 04:21:02 am »
where is the smartphone section (or tablet)
i don't own a smartphone but i think if PC is here then smartphones should be here
and there are also smartphone controllers to add as accesories

htimreimer

« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2013, 05:00:55 am »
where is the smartphone section (or tablet)
i don't own a smartphone but i think if PC is here then smartphones should be here
and there are also smartphone controllers to add as accesories
smartphones/tablets are not consoles or a pc, these devices and OSes designed and marketed for/as high powered phones, its the media and accessories companies that are pushing it as a gaming device and the only reason they this, is because they have nowhere else to go with these devices with out rehashing the same old stuff.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:00:51 am by htimreimer »

foxhack

« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2013, 03:47:02 pm »
... what he means is that we're not sure how to handle smartphones, if we ever do.

htimreimer

« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »
... what he means is that we're not sure how to handle smartphones, if we ever do.
i was just pointing out that smartphones are not consoles or a pc but you do revealed another problem with adding smartphones, there are to many smartphones and smartphone games to add and all of them are disposable, this would make thing's vary difficult for everyone.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2013, 01:30:31 pm »
Why would it be that hard? Just separate them by Android, IPhone, Windows 8, and pre-smart phone. N-Gage is already in there, right?

scott

« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
Sorry for the delay on all these requests guys. I've finally got some spare time today and I'll be going through added everything I can.

Thanks for your patience!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2013, 02:01:24 pm »
Why would it be that hard? Just separate them by Android, IPhone, Windows 8, and pre-smart phone. N-Gage is already in there, right?
N-Gage was a short-lived system that used carts, so the software library is fairly limited.

There's a lot of garbage released for phones. A LOT. Not to mention that some of these games will only work in certain hardware configurations, or certain models, or worse.

So I'm against adding phones / smartphones as a supported platform. There. I said it. This is MY OPINION and it doesn't represent the position of VGCollect, the site, and the admins as a whole.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:03:20 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »
I'm actually with foxhack on this one too. Pretty much verbatim.

htimreimer

« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2013, 02:22:10 pm »
there is at least 100 to 300 thousand games if we combining all them on android,iphone,windows 8 and pre smart phone, that's is just unmanageable.

the n-gage is a different story then other smartphones, the original intention for the n-gage was not to be a phone but to be handheld console but when nokia didn't think it would sell well against the GBA, so they added the phone and symbian os part of the device
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:27:15 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »
So I'm against adding phones / smartphones as a supported platform. There. I said it. This is MY OPINION and it doesn't represent the position of VGCollect, the site, and the admins as a whole.

Totally support this. Disposable devices with disposable content designed to make a quick buck, and no established model for... well, much of anything. I like my phone, but I won't spend a dime on software or games for it, and it seems silly to treat it as a legitimate platform.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »
It's your guys' site, so it's up to you. But isn't most of the adding info work done by members, anyways?

scott

« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2013, 08:03:48 pm »
Alrighty folks, Sorry again for the delay. But the following are now available to population in the database!

Commodore VIC-20 [NA]
NEC PC-88
NEC PC-98
PlayStation Network (Vita) [EU]
PlayStation Network (Vita) [JP]
Sega Saturn
Timex Sinclair 1000 [NA]