Author Topic: More Missing Consoles  (Read 47983 times)

scott

Re: More Missing Consoles
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2012, 07:35:23 am »
Oh OK ill knock those out as soon as I get to a PC. @hexen sorry about the delay.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:16 am »
@huzal Here you go:

http://vgcollect.com/browse/rzone

I placed it under "Other" since I wasn't sure exactly where else it should go. I may possible make a top level Tiger category and place the LCD
games in there along with the R-Zone. Oh..and welcome to the site!

@matt if you could find the time, and merge the R-Zone and the Tiger LCDs into one parent company, that would be most righteous.

scott

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2012, 02:16:20 pm »
Finally got a chance to sit down and work on categories. I've added these along with categories for hardware listings where applicable.

Fairchild Channel F [NA] and Hardware
Bally Astrocade [NA] and Hardware
Pokemon Mini [NA], [JP], [EU] and Hardware
Pioneer LaserActive [NA] and Hardware
Action Max [NA] and Hardware
VC 4000 accidentally added it without designating Germany, need that changed. Also added a Hardware listing for it.
PV-1000 [JP] and Hardware
Amstrad GX4000 [EU] and Hardware
Philips Odyssey  This is the Brazilian version of Odyssey2, it was released as Odyssey in Brazil.
Magnavox Odyssey2 [JP]
Magnavox Odyssey2 [EU]
Funtech Super A'can [CH] and Hardware
CD-i [EU]
Casio Loopy added hardware for this.
3DO [EU] was added

I accidentally duped the MSX, MSX2, MSX2+, MSX TurboR, and TRS-80 categories.... fail. So watch out for those.

rachel

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2012, 09:44:06 am »
I noticed that there's C64 [EU] hardware, but it's not possible to add C64 [EU] games at the moment. Is that right? I have a few UK C64 games I'd like to add. Thanks much!

scott

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:06 am »
I noticed that there's C64 [EU] hardware, but it's not possible to add C64 [EU] games at the moment. Is that right? I have a few UK C64 games I'd like to add. Thanks much!

Edit: I fixed that.

hexen

« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2012, 04:38:29 pm »
Thank very much good sir.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2012, 05:55:06 pm »
Are you able to add Playstation Vita [EU] and [JP], too?

matt

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2012, 06:29:44 pm »
@kirbysuperstar Added both.

htimreimer

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2012, 10:54:25 am »
Can i get these

PC Hardware
Pong console

foxhack

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:11 pm »
... Do we really need PC Hardware?

I could see a case for PC accessories (gamepads, cheat devices, etc.) But hardware?

scott

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2012, 09:49:13 pm »
There is just so much PC hardware out there, and it's not like consoles where you say "I have an xbox 360". Sure I have a Dell XPS 630. But that doesn't mean much, especially once I decide to swap video cards. It's not like the old days of Atari 8-bit computers... I'll talk to matt about the PC hardware thing and see what his input is.

htimreimer

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:01 am »
There is just so much PC hardware out there, and it's not like consoles where you say "I have an xbox 360". Sure I have a Dell XPS 630. But that doesn't mean much, especially once I decide to swap video cards. It's not like the old days of Atari 8-bit computers... I'll talk to matt about the PC hardware thing and see what his input is.

... Do we really need PC Hardware?

I could see a case for PC accessories (gamepads, cheat devices, etc.) But hardware?

when i say PC hardware i am talking about old IBM,compaq and mac computers  i am not talking about new computers and can i get a pong console category also we need  hyper scan category because soera has one

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:36:11 am by htimreimer »

amauriel

« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 12:42:07 pm »
I can see having a category for the Apple II or the like, but I really don't see a need in listing old IBM or Compaq computers in hardware. There's a shift in the mid-80's from stand alone, buy this computer and play games (Atari 400, TI 99/4a, Amiga) to what I would consider the grandfathers of modern computers (386, 486) in that the newer ones could be changed and upgraded. Even our IBM PS/2, which was running Windows 3.1, had several parts switched out throughout its life. I think when it gets to that point, the explosion of IBM-compatible computers is a lot more than this site really needs to be tracking, in my opinion.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

hexen

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
So, whats the general opinion on stuff like the Vtech Vsmile?

Every time I see stuff for it at garage sales for cheap I always by them as a running joke with Byron... however, through this, I have actually amassed quite a sizable collection including various consoles and even games with label variations.

I'd have it added if anyone else considered it an actual console.

I can see having a category for the Apple II or the like, but I really don't see a need in listing old IBM or Compaq computers in hardware. There's a shift in the mid-80's from stand alone, buy this computer and play games (Atari 400, TI 99/4a, Amiga) to what I would consider the grandfathers of modern computers (386, 486) in that the newer ones could be changed and upgraded. Even our IBM PS/2, which was running Windows 3.1, had several parts switched out throughout its life. I think when it gets to that point, the explosion of IBM-compatible computers is a lot more than this site really needs to be tracking, in my opinion.

As far as this goes, I tend to agree. I think there should be a cutoff point where upgrades and accessories plug-in directly without opening the system and are one time. Otherwise we would be adding hundreds of models of computers and even more models of graphics cards and the like.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:53:18 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

rachel

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »
Added! It's also under "Other". Which reminds me, Tiger LCD needs to be moved to "Other" as well...

I'm having a little trouble understanding how the dedicated handhelds are organized. There are at least four categories that house them: "Other," "Tiger LCD," "Nintendo" (for Game & Watch), and "LCD Games." Within "Other" are "Konami LCD" and "Mattel Handheld." Under "LCD Games" is an Epoch handheld. I wonder if it might make sense to create one category for all dedicated handhelds and have subcategories of "Konami," "Mattel," "Tiger," "Epoch," "Nintendo," and maybe a "Misc." for oddball handhelds. (It might be nice to cross-reference the G&Ws under Nintendo if such a thing is possible, since I imagine people might look for them there, too.)

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere; I didn't see anything on the forum pertaining to this.

If possible, I'd also like to request adding Bandai LCD handhelds and MGA LCD handhelds as subcategories. Thank you!  ;D