Author Topic: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21909 times)

gf78

Re: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 09:10:18 am »
Green = puke, just sayin.

LOL.  I always said and have stuck to "I will not buy another Xbox console."  But getting it for free opened the door to play a lot of games that are exclusive.  The Soul Calibur IV?  I picked it up for my Star Wars games collection since it has Yoda in it.   :P

And as a bonus, a few of the games I bought used had unused codes in the packages.  I got a TJ Combo code in Killer Instinct that wasn't used and Quantum Break's free Alan Wake package was unused as well.  Even though I own two copies of Alan Wake that work on the 'bone already, the dlc pack came with both expansions which the retail games didn't include.  So it's a win-win. 

I'm still highly annoyed about the install process the Xbox One uses.  It doesn't matter if the game has an update when you stick the disc in, you might as well go ahead and tell it to update while installing.  Because unless you disconnect your Ethernet or Wi-Fi and take the 'bone offline, it's not going to let you play the game anyway after you install it.  I'm used to just putting the game in, telling it "ok" to install & update and just changing the channel to boob-tube or playing the PS4.  If I were buying a game and expecting to play it that first day or heaven forbid-midnight for a special launch....let's just say I would be really pissed waiting for the damn thing to install.   
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 10:17:07 am »
I went to Goodwill's 4th of July half-off sale today. I ended up with a big stack of DVDs, but I also came across this guy:

I hate this game so much.

I thought I was getting a 2D shoot-em up. I didn't realize I was getting a cockpit-view shooter until I added it to my collection count here.

I still haven't played it. What is bad about it?

LOL that's what I thought when I found it at a flea market a few years ago. It is just unplayable to be blunt. You can't see what you're doing half the time, the controls are terrible, and you'll be dead before you're even able to do anything. I played it for about 20-minutes and pretty much decided I would get rid of it as soon as possible.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:48 am »
I've been finding a lot of $10 PS4 games these days.  Can't hurt to pick up a few of those.

Watch Dogs
Diablo III
Call of Duty: Shoot Shit Up XXIIVV
Wolfenstein: The New Order

I also grabbed Witcher 3 for my brother since he bought a PS4. All of those were $10 each.  Wow

Then I bought the next Limited Run Games Release, Octodad.  The next two will be in the mail soon.  I'm going to try to get all of the PS4 releases.

gf78

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 11:02:23 am »
I've been finding a lot of $10 PS4 games these days.  Can't hurt to pick up a few of those.

Watch Dogs
Diablo III

I also grabbed Witcher 3 for my brother since he bought a PS4. All of those were $10 each.  Wow

Then I bought the next Limited Run Games Release, Octodad.  The next two will be in the mail soon.  I'm going to try to get all of the PS4 releases.

Where did you find Diablo III for $10?  I've been jonesing to play that again!   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 11:03:01 am »
Didn't get much done this weekend, but I picked up my first ever CD-i games

PS3 went YLOD again, so I ran it to the shop and hit the Goodwill down the road, found Wheel of Fortune for $2 and said, eh, it makes the trip seem less meaningless if I come home with something.

CD-i
Power Hitter
Palm Springs Open

PS2
Wheel of Fortune

PS3
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

3DS
The Hidden

Also got some other games in the mail, but I can't quite recall.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:07 am »

Watch Dogs
Diablo III

Where did you find Diablo III for $10?  I've been jonesing to play that again!   :'(

Facebook yard sale groups.  I've just been getting lucky I guess.  Folks are looking to get some quick cash. 

I love this time of year.  There are all these current gen games for sale real cheap.  Folks get their tax refund in February and blow it on games and electronics.  Then, in the middle of summer they're hurting for cash again.  I don't care to throw them a few bones for to help them keep the lights on. 

Others poor choices = cheap stuff for the responsible folks.

gf78

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 02:18:38 pm »
Facebook yard sale groups.  I've just been getting lucky I guess.  Folks are looking to get some quick cash. 

I love this time of year.  There are all these current gen games for sale real cheap.  Folks get their tax refund in February and blow it on games and electronics.  Then, in the middle of summer they're hurting for cash again.  I don't care to throw them a few bones for to help them keep the lights on. 

Others poor choices = cheap stuff for the responsible folks.

Ah, good old yard sales.  I thought there was a slight chance GameStop was running a special.   :'(  I also need to find me a copy of Call of Duty:  Shoot shit up XXIIVV.  Don't think I have that one!   :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 03:02:44 pm »

So I ordered this off of eBay despite the bad reviews. (It was dirt cheap, so no big loss if it is bad.)

I loved the Genesis entries in the series so much that I just had to experience it for myself and form my own opinion regarding it.

Hell, I've loved games that have been panned before (Viking: Battle For Asgard, also a Sega game from the same era), so I might like it.

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 03:09:53 pm »
Picked up my repaired PS3 during my lunch break.

Hopefully it lasts this time.

Nothing good at any of the places I stopped at.

shepard11

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:37 pm »
Went to my normal haunt today ended up picking up:

Gameboy:
Pokemon Red (with a mint sticker and working battery)

SNES:
American Gladiators
Mario Paint (w/the Mouse)
Tetris/ Dr. Mario

N64:
WWF Warzone

Not bad only spent 25 bucks today. I'd say it was a good haul.

azure

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »
I need to participate in these threads.

This came in the mail today, always nice to find a cheap Dreamcast title I actually really want.

necrosexual

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 09:15:31 pm »
went spelunking into thrift stores today because... because, i guess.

was a good day to, apparently, as i found a bunch of $1 pc (and a couple ps1) games complete
got really excited over the max payne... with the mousepad still in the box. noice.

max payne (with mousepad) (PC)
unreal tournament 2004 cib (PC)
...UT2004's box had unreal 2's discs in there, and unreal's manual, too, so that was cool.
namco museum vol 1 (PS1)
a bug's life (ps1)
half-life (PC)
quake ii (PC)
tetris worlds (PC)

spent $7 on these

i ALMOST had a tony hawk and battlefield game on ps3, but the goodwill had wisened up to games coming in and had priced them at like $6. i ain't buying games i don't want for $6.

this haul broke me into 300+ territory. awww yis. onto 500 i go~
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:15:24 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2016, 08:57:05 am »
Added eight more to the collection yesterday.  Pictures will be added when I get the chance.

Xbox One
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round new/sealed

Xbox 360
Forza Horizon Collector's Edition complete with a bit of light scuffs on the slipcase
Mass Effect Collector's Edition complete in mint condition...still has factory plastic around the whole thing except the top
Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition like-new condition & complete
Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition like-new condition & complete
Fable Journey new/sealed....no intention to even open it because this game blows.
Fable II Collector's Edition almost like-new condition & complete
Fable III Collector's Edition like-new condition & complete
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:00:50 am by gf78 »

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 10:48:21 am »
got some goodies in the mail

Grandia II (PS2)
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (NDS)
NBA Street V3 (GCN)

azure

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 04:15:21 pm »

Finally found NGII with the slipcover, WoTm still has the poster, and Kyo is a legit seal.