Author Topic: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21875 times)

doafan

Re: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2016, 06:47:50 pm »
Totally forgot to add my latest two purchases to the thread, at the beginning of the month I purchased through the Xbox games store my copy of Mighty No. 9 paid which cost me only 13.88 bucks also found a copy of Resident Evil Revelations at Mercado Libre for the same price but the best part is that the seller is located at my city so haven't had to paid for the deliver, he has some titles that I want and he offered me the choice to purchase titles in small payments  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2016, 07:36:57 pm »
Totally forgot to add my latest two purchases to the thread, at the beginning of the month I purchased through the Xbox games store my copy of Mighty No. 9 paid which cost me only 13.88 bucks also found a copy of Resident Evil Revelations at Mercado Libre for the same price but the best part is that the seller is located at my city so haven't had to paid for the deliver, he has some titles that I want and he offered me the choice to purchase titles in small payments  ;D

I have to say that I love that you took a picture of your Mighty No 9 purchase. Every title counts!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2016, 07:42:50 pm »
Indeed but always took pictures of those digital titles that I purchase, have to admit that I do love more the physical copies but since some of them never got a physical release and that some times there are very good deals at the store decided to get as much as I can  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

necrosexual

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2016, 04:20:26 am »
^ I'd say we're on the bubble with PS1. While you can find many games for cheap still, there's plenty of games that are starting to climb in value, a lot, on PS1. I had my eye on Einhander, for example, for too long. It's now approaching $100 on average.

So get em now before everyone else catches on.

PS2 and original XBox games are practically worthless, though. I can find most of those for about $5 a pop.

ps2 not as much as og xbox.
og xbox is so fucking cheap i've put it on my radar along with ps3 for a while because it's SO cheap. i cannot for the life of me figure out why. not complaining tho. no game on it seems to retail far over $20, even the obscure ones. and there's a lot i missed on it. multiplat games from the gen are cheaper on it too and often run in 480p unliek their ps2 counterparts. lovely console.
ps2 games are climbing in price tho and obscure jrpgs are expensive as shit for it.
but og xbox? i expect my og xbox collection to explode in the near future, because the games are SO CHEAP.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:25:41 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

maximo310

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2016, 04:50:41 am »
^ I'd say we're on the bubble with PS1. While you can find many games for cheap still, there's plenty of games that are starting to climb in value, a lot, on PS1. I had my eye on Einhander, for example, for too long. It's now approaching $100 on average.

PS2 and original XBox games are practically worthless, though. I can find most of those for about $5 a pop.

og xbox is so fucking cheap i've put it on my radar along with ps3 for a while because it's SO cheap. i cannot for the life of me figure out why. not complaining tho. no game on it seems to retail far over $20, even the obscure ones. and there's a lot i missed on it. multiplat games from the gen are cheaper on it too and often run in 480p unliek their ps2 counterparts. lovely console.
ps2 games are climbing in price tho and obscure jrpgs are expensive as shit for it.
but og xbox? i expect my og xbox collection to explode in the near future, because the games are SO CHEAP.
The fact that there's lots of great exclusives/ multiplats for cheap and no way in the near future to emulate the Xbox console shows that it's probably a good time to start building up on that collection; I've already been trying to do that in the last month or so.

The X360 backwards compatability is pretty poor for the titles it supports, so I believe that once more people realize this, prices will continue to rise.

I'm not sure how much or fast that will be considering the nostalgia of the Xbox is pretty low compared to Nintendo or Sony.

necrosexual

« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2016, 06:14:39 am »

The fact that there's lots of great exclusives/ multiplats for cheap and no way in the near future to emulate the Xbox console shows that it's probably a good time to start building up on that collection; I've already been trying to do that in the last month or so.

The X360 backwards compatability is pretty poor for the titles it supports, so I believe that once more people realize this, prices will continue to rise.

I'm not sure how much or fast that will be considering the nostalgia of the Xbox is pretty low compared to Nintendo or Sony.

i'm sure it's coming tho because the generation that kinda grew up on that are... getting older y'know?
tho i did have one kid at work, he's like 18, 5 years younger than me, ask me why the fuck i bought an og xbox and laughed at me. born in '98 so by the time he was really cognizant, it was at least '02/'03.

so maybe not.

i laughed back because og xbox is a pretty badass little console. and ayyyy, if i can snatch up all the good games now for like $5, fuckin please.
w/e w/e i have nostalgia for the xbox so i'll be more than happy to continue getting games i wanted back then, just never had.  p much have nostalgia over cinematech trailers, but whatever. there's a lot i wanted to play on it, just never had the chance
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:17:08 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2016, 10:06:46 am »
I'm not sure why the original XBox doesn't get more love. It was a great console. It had the best version of multiplatform games that generation, and had plenty of third-party support. And it had great exclusives between games like Halo 1 & 2, Morrowind, Fable, Jade Empire, Crimson Skies, and others. But more importantly, it was BY FAR, the best console that generation for online support or local multiplayer. And that built-in hard drive is quite nifty for modders and importers. No hardware changes needed because of that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2016, 03:05:07 pm »

Today's flea market finds.

They aren't in the best condition but I can't complain since I got all 3 for only $14.  8)

shfan

« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »
I lurve big box PC games but don't have many and have struggled to find them for about a year now, not so today, someone was clearing a collection of them. Picked up @ 20 boxed complete games for £1 each, mostly in superb cond., including:

Diablo
Empire of the Ants
SWIV 3D
Lords of Magic
SimTower
Metal Gear Solid
Iron Ships & Iron Men

and several others. Wanted a complete copy of Empire of the Ants for a little while now so really pleased with the haul! The only downside was that he had a copy of the Diablo: Hellfire strategy guide which I thought I'd picked up but seem to have somehow not bought or lost, and the box for Diablo: Hellfire is missing the game itself, but I'm happy to have bought the box for £1 considering how few will have survived.

anagar

« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2016, 07:22:38 pm »
PSP
DJ Max Fever
DJ Max Portable 3
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Wipeout Pure
3DS
Langrisser Re:Incarnation -TENSEI-
Stella Glow - Launch Edition
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2016, 08:53:51 pm »

Bunch of good stuff today.

Dark sector (360)
Alone in the dark (360)
Forza/Marvel UA two pack thing (360)
Turning point (360)
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Xbox)
SWAT (Xbox)
Wings of war (Xbox)
Justice league heroes (Xbox)
Dr. Muto (Xbox)
50 cent bulletproof (Xbox)
Soul calibur 2 (PS2)
Simpsons hit and run (PS2)
Pirates hunt for booty (Wii)
Rabbids travel in time (Wii)
Halo legends (Bluray)
Resistance 3 (PS3)
Smuggler's Run (GCN)
Punisher (NES)
Great Waldo Hunt (SNES)
Tomb Raider: the prophecy (GBA)
Blue PS2 memory card

Super stoked about Punisher, and kind of happy about waldo.  Got them both online for less than the loose price.  Came cib.

anagar

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2016, 12:31:34 am »
PS3
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
Transformers: Devastation
Perfect Dark Zero - Limited Collector's Edition (incomplete)
Wii
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution
Others
PS1 Memory Card
FF XIII Strategy Guide
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

htimreimer

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2016, 04:19:48 am »
well, my on again off again relationship with the site must be getting annoying for you people but i cant completely forget my old friends , anyway here's what i got,   

a working dreamcast with the cords, 2 games, 2 controllers with VMU's for both and it only cost me 2 dollars
tex murphy under a killing moon for dos CIB in very good condition for 4 dollars
general mills re-releases for 1 dollar
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:23:48 am by htimreimer »

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2016, 04:44:34 am »
Friday i found two different shops that was having a sale on games (and everything was new and sealed) :

PC:
Azur & Asmar (0,49€)
Circus Empire (0,25€)
Dracula 2 (0,49€)
Herod's Lost Tomb (0,25€)
Necrovision (0,49€)
Onimusha 3 (0,50€)
Shattered Horizon - Premium Edition (0,99€)
Space Empires V (0,50€)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (0,25€)
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer (0,25€)

PS3:
FIFA 08 (0,50€)
FIFA 09 (0,50€)
FIFA 10 - Platinum (0,50€)
FIFA 11 - Platinum (0,50€)

PS2:
Shaun White Snowboarding (0,25€)

PSP
Tom Clancy's Endwar (0,49€)

I also found two guides, one for Tomb Raider Anniversary (0,49€) and the other is the Collector's Edition for Deus Ex Human Revolution (2,99€).

And here are my finds from this morning's flea market:

PC
Avencast: Rise of the Mage (CIB - 0,50€)
Impossible Creatures (CIB - 0,50€)
Lego Creator Knights Kingdom (CIB - 0,20€)
Rayman 10th anniversary (CIB - 0,30€) Contain Rayman M, Rayman 3 and four episodes from the animated series
Tinker Bell's Adventure (CIB - 0,20€)
Nox (CIB - 3€)
Test Drive Unlimited (CIB - 0,50€)

PS1
Astérix (CIB - 0,50€)
CT Special Forces (CIB - 0,50€)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (CIB - 0,50€) It was to complete my copy since i was missing the manual

PS2
SmackDown vs Raw 2010 - Platinum (Still sealed - 0,50€)

PS3
Sniper 2 - Limited Edition (CIB - 1€)

DS
Brave (CIB - 0,30€)

Wii
SmackDown vs Raw 2010 (Still sealed - 0,50€)

XBox 360
FIFA 10 (CIB - 0,50€)
PES 2010 (CIB - 0,50€)

And a small Piplup toy for free when i purchased a few pc games.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2016, 09:08:24 am »
Just got back from my vacation in Luxembourg. Picked up these two games along the way.

First I picked up Bejeweled Twist, because I like Bejeweled but never actually got to try any of the full games. I know this is a different twist (hue hue) on regular Bejeweled, but I loved the Beghouled mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies, so why not?

And then there's Walk with me! a.k.a. Personal Trainer: Walking, or Marche avec moi in French. I barely speak any French at all, but at least the game's in English, so I'll let it pass. And yes, I do have the other Activity Meter, but I'm using it right now. I mainly got this because it intrigued me ever since it's release. I mean, who at Nintendo was just thinking "Well, we managed to sell scales to the general public, let's try pedometers!"? But I liked the concept of titles like Wii Fit that encourage you to move more, and titles that give simple things you wouldn't associate with gaming a unique twist. And thanks to Pokémon GO, I'll probably get the high score on this game. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:10:07 am by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.