Author Topic: Pokemon go  (Read 14747 times)

shepard11

Re: Pokemon go
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 03:02:03 pm »
My wife and I drove down our main street in here historical Lancaster last night. So many landmarks, might have to go for a walk after supper tonight. The real pisser  is there is a gym across the street from my store and I can't ping it from my parking lot. Guess I'll just go back in and sell comics and magic cards.

azure

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 09:27:04 pm »
Found a Fearow chillin in my bathroom, what a time to be alive.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 12:27:45 am »
Wow, spent literally all day catching Pokemon all over town. Ran into probably 70+ people playing GO all around town too. I was even walking around a historical district this night and some guy at a stop light yelled out his window, "You playin Pokemon GO?" Needless to say it has been an amazing day of exploration and fun, and probably the most fun I've had with a game in years! Can't wait to go out again tomorrow and do it some more :D

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 06:08:53 pm »
Had some errands to do so got to do a nice bit of playing the game and there were a nice batch of Pokemon found at Walmart lol Figured out what the PokeStops do exactly and found a few gyms, though I'm not high enough level.  They seem varied too.  Found 2 over towards the Walmart area that are yellow, two in another area I found are blue, one pretty close, and another close one that is red.

Program is buggy as all hell though.  Constantly had pokeball captures freeze and such which forced me to restart the program a bunch of times.  Gonna be awhile till its stable lol Not surprising as Miitomo took awhile before it loaded quicker.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2016, 07:07:24 pm »
very buggy but neat actually went for a walk after dinner and caught about 7 different pokemon i might lose some weight.

telly

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 08:30:24 pm »
I haven't played it a whole lot, but I'm really enjoying it: it feels like I'm travelling on my own Pokemon adventure, and I really like that this game does that. I just want to find a Porygon and I'll be all set  :)
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 10:59:21 am »
The most time I spend was trying to find an available username.

Anyone else bitten by the Pokemon Go bug yet?
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 04:40:07 pm »
I haven't tried it yet. Is it really as good as the hype?  :)

rayne315

Re: Anyone else bitten by the Pokemon Go bug yet?
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 04:54:06 pm »
objectively speaking no it is not as good as all the hype. their are some features that need to be implemented for it to be as good as the hype. but with that said if you are a fan of the game and want an excuse to be more active in life then it lives up to the hype. but you also need to understand this is a free mobile game that's being hyped more than a lot of full length videogames. but personally speaking I do not see why you wouldn't download it even if its just to give it the old hour try.

It has only been out less than a week and I have already seen an increase in my daily steps and have been having the best time running around through the city with the goal of catching everything and taking over the local gyms. I have also been increasing my social interactions and am slowly going down the route of gaining new friends. you can spot when players place lure modules and you just gravitate to them to catch the pokemon they lure in the meantime everyone else does and you end up seeing people and talking to people you never would have thought you had anything in common with. im having more fun with this game than I ever thought would have been possible and am even going out bike ridding after work just to catch some pokemon and share in some good conversation.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:56:49 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 05:47:46 pm »
It's had a disastrous launch and is a buggy pile of garbage, lacking too many real features, but...I'm more interested to play this than the new Pokemon Sun & Moon coming up lol When it works, it's kinda fun casually trying to catch Pokemon.  Once I get some higher level Pokemon, I'll be trying out some of the gym stuff, but I don't even have a CP 200 right now.  It's getting me interested in being more active, which will be a good warmup before I start back up at the gym again.

Hopefully it gets some serious fixings soon.  I assume that'll happen more quickly once they get the full worldwide launch out there.

azure

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 06:28:57 pm »
All I have seen/heard on social media, friends, co-workers, and even in public is Pokemon GO. It seems to me that a large sum of people have been bitten by the bug. I think it is a fun little app to waste time on while you are walking for exercise or just out and about.

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2016, 06:29:11 pm »
Not available here yet because fuck Canada apparently. Though from what ive heard im not missing much with all the DC issues with the servers.

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »
I have it installed but haven't found anything yet.

hexen

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:34 pm »
Yeah, I've been enjoying it. I like it's prospects as a long term game, and one that is encouraging exercise (until I am exhausted). The idea behind it is just really neat, and it makes you feel like a Pokemon trainer - if they looked at a screen all day and Pokemon where not nearly as common as the games would have you believe.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2016, 08:09:38 pm »
Man, this app is such garbage! I missed a pikachu, because on the second time it escape the ball, it did the bug I've gotten two or three times before where the pokemon will take up the entire screen and it won't let you capture it.  So annoyed, especially after I used an incense and got basically NOTHING.  A full half hour and I only got 2 rattata and 1 pidgey to show up.  I had better luck last night trying out an incense at home and got over a half dozen to show up, 4 of which were brand new.

At least the eggs mostly work right, but they require actual time investments.  Found that if I walk around my neighborhood about 3 times, that's 2km, so around a good half hour or 40 minutes of walking to open the quickest eggs.

*EDIT*
And weirdly I got my Pikachu.  Not sure how because when I closed the program I did not have him in a ball.  The pokeball freeze usually does lead to keep the pokemon if you have to close, but Pikachu had escaped twice.  It's great that I got him, as it's one of the few Pokemon I actually want to have lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:48:26 pm by kamikazekeeg »