Author Topic: Pokemon go  (Read 15862 times)

rayne315

Re: Pokemon go
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2016, 11:46:02 am »
It certainly is giving Nintendo a boost in stocks. They certainly needed it after the lackluster sales of the Wii U.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/18/nintendo-breaks-stock-market-records-thanks-to-pokemon

yeah I really hope I wasn't the only one to buy/own stock in Nintendo before the release of Pokémon Go not going to get into numbers but I made a LOT (unrealized at this point) by trusting in them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:48:15 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »
It certainly is giving Nintendo a boost in stocks. They certainly needed it after the lackluster sales of the Wii U.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/18/nintendo-breaks-stock-market-records-thanks-to-pokemon

yeah I really hope I wasn't the only one to buy/own stock in Nintendo before the release of Pokémon Go not going to get into numbers but I made a LOT (unrealized at this point) by trusting in them.

Well done!  Get out now! 

When things calm back down to normal, I'm going to buy one share of Nintendo Stock just to have the certificate framed.  I think that'll look great on the wall.

gf78

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2016, 03:48:10 pm »

Well done!  Get out now! 

When things calm back down to normal, I'm going to buy one share of Nintendo Stock just to have the certificate framed.  I think that'll look great on the wall.

I'm not an expert, but I thought you had to buy a minimum of 100 shares of stock. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2016, 03:52:26 pm »

Well done!  Get out now! 

I'm not an expert, but I thought you had to buy a minimum of 100 shares of stock.

Im not sure actually. I go through a financial firm so I can jut tell them how much to allocate to it. in other words im capable of buying percentage shares.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2016, 03:54:29 pm »

Well done!  Get out now! 

Depends on who you go through.  You have to go through a broker.  There are places that do just what I'm asking.  You buy one stock and they frame the certificate and all that noise.

tripredacus

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2016, 12:39:30 pm »
After having been trapped out in the middle of nowhere for a week, having this game allowed me to pass the time and have something to do. While I have seen other people playing the game, I have yet to notice these people talking to others. So it still seems to be a single player experience.

Team playing is actually needed to handle gym battles properly, so I'm going to have to find some other players in my neighborhood to do that. When I was away, my co-worker joined the same team as me, so taking over the gym was easier.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2016, 01:02:14 pm »
Heading down to Santa Monica Pier today,  I heard there is a crap ton of pokemon there.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »
Heading down to Santa Monica Pier today,  I heard there is a crap ton of pokemon there.

so I just found out the exact spawns for Pokémon in this game (and it make perfect sense). the entire game is pulled directly off of Ingresses existing data meaning ALL pokestops and gyms you see are portals in Ingress with gyms being portals that were visited the most in Ingress.

Pokémon go uses the Ingress exotic matter (white dots on map) as the spawn points for all the Pokémon (although I am not aware of how frequently they will spawn from those locations). so obviously if you download Ingress and look at the map you will physically see all the possible Pokémon spawn points, and places where there are giant clusters of exotic mater will spawn more Pokémon.

how Niantic created this exotic mater in ingress though is entirely based off of Googles assets (as they previously owned Niantic). dots are placed where people with mobile phones use any bit of Google functionality (googleing, maps, g-mail, etc.) off of Wi-Fi, and after so much data has been used in a certain spot it will create a dot. so what becomes obvious knowing this is that places where a LOT of people congregate see a REDICULOSE amounts of Pokémon spawns. so places like santa monica pier where there are no areas to connect to the internet and have a lot of foot traffic are the BEST places to go to find lots of pokemon and rare ones.

Here in my town this became clear when I went down to the Mark and the Expo center, Which are venues for concerts, sports, conventions, etc. that are frequented by lots of people. only 1 pokestop each but anywhere you walk there are 5+ spawns.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:39:39 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2016, 01:34:37 pm »
their parent company Google.
Niantic is an independent company that is privately held.  Yes, Google owns stock in Niantic, but so does Nintendo and The Pokemon Company among many other companies.

rayne315

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2016, 01:47:15 pm »
Niantic is an independent company that is privately held.  Yes, Google owns stock in Niantic, but so does Nintendo and The Pokemon Company among many other companies.

This was before google pushed it out. for the largest majority of the time Niantic was directly owned by google. it was an internal google startup project that started in 2010 and spun off to be independent of google late last year.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »

This was before google pushed it out. for the largest majority of the time Niantic was directly owned by google. it was an internal google startup project that started in 2010 and spun off to be independent of google late last year.
Your initial statement is a misleading statement, there is no reason to state "their parent company" as Niantic has no parent company, and it just furthers the misconception that Google is Niantic's parent company.

rayne315

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2016, 03:41:26 pm »

Your initial statement is a misleading statement, there is no reason to state "their parent company" as Niantic has no parent company, and it just furthers the misconception that Google is Niantic's parent company.

ah I see what you mean. I thought you were bringing it up because you may have thought the 2 were unrelated. I have edited my post to remove this inacuracy

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2016, 11:57:49 am »
Tied a long shoe string to my iphone 5s otterbox, by the charger, there is a a loose piece of rubber you can easily tie one end too. taped the other end to my ceiling fan, so far seems to be working for eggs. Will report back in a bit to see how far it goes.

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2016, 01:00:13 pm »
Tied a long shoe string to my iphone 5s otterbox, by the charger, there is a a loose piece of rubber you can easily tie one end too. taped the other end to my ceiling fan, so far seems to be working for eggs. Will report back in a bit to see how far it goes.

lmao..... you sir are cheating... I like it! ive heard of people putting them in the back of an rc-car and running it around, or putting them in quad copters, but yours seems like the cheapest method. keep me informed I have a full inventory of eggs that need attention.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2016, 01:28:14 pm »

lmao..... you sir are cheating... I like it! ive heard of people putting them in the back of an rc-car and running it around, or putting them in quad copters, but yours seems like the cheapest method. keep me informed I have a full inventory of eggs that need attention.

My brother has an rc car.... another idea...... too bad i sold my COD RC spy car!

My egg was at 2.44. giving it a full hour now to do its thing... bout another 30 mins.

edit: here is a pic

http://imgur.com/a/3C6Tl

another edit: 2.65 now, with an hour on the fan. Not the fastest method. but hey. require 0 work besides attaching it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:05:13 pm by fighterpilot562 »

1049-2600-8730