Author Topic: Mini NES Classic Ediiton  (Read 15860 times)

Mini NES Classic Ediiton
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:06:57 am »
The NES is coming back to stores! Pick up the new mini NES Classic Edition on 11/11 w/ 30 included games!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144/photo/1
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-nes-is-returning-to-stores-with-mini-ver/1100-6441801/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

The included titles are:

Balloon Fight   
BUBBLE BOBBLE   
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™   
Donkey Kong   
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE   
Dr. Mario   
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY®   
Galaga™   
GHOSTS‘N GOBLINS™
GRADIUS™   
Ice Climber   
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure   
Mario Bros.   
MEGA MAN™ 2
Metroid   
NINJA GAIDEN®   
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream   
StarTropics   
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.   
Super Mario Bros. 2   
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl™   
The Legend of Zelda   
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Each title is sure to bring back fond memories and produce plenty of new ones. Players can even enjoy playing many of these games together by attaching a second Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller, sold separately. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro for the Wii console can also be used.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii console. Simply connect it to a Wii Remote controller to make the experience that much more authentic. Players needn’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress either as each game has multiple suspend points, allowing them to start where they left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System, launching on 11th November. Relive past glories, defeat the boss that you could never beat, or simply enjoy the classic titles of yesteryear anew.

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nintendoclassicmini&utm_content=announcement

-$60
-HDMI (cable included)
-includes NES replica classic controller.
-extra controllers sold separately for $10 (Wii classic compatible)
- Powered through a USB cable (USB wall charger not included)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:46:06 pm by soera »

soera

Re: Mini NES Classic Ediiton
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 04:49:28 pm »
Removed every post after this. While Im sure most of them were on topic, I honestly didnt feel like reading them all. But this thread (among many lately) has taken the way to the toilet as far as content goes.

If you are going to post on here, make it about the subject at hand.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 05:00:39 pm »
New trailer for it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:02:46 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »
I'm amazed the list of included games features a few non-Nintendo titles. Usually mini-consoles like this are a licensing nightmare to get released.

HDMI is good too. I really hope that there's no blur filter added onto the image like there seems to be with Wii U virtual console games. Ultra sharp pixels are the best!

azure

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 05:19:07 pm »
I'm amazed the list of included games features a few non-Nintendo titles. Usually mini-consoles like this are a licensing nightmare to get released.

HDMI is good too. I really hope that there's no blur filter added onto the image like there seems to be with Wii U virtual console games. Ultra sharp pixels are the best!
I'm with you on that one.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »
Im sure Nintendo made a deal where each console sale is equivalent to a digital sale of the games included, so publishers get their money.  They are VC titles.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 06:20:20 pm »
And here's the little NES getting shown off at Comic Con.

Man that controller cord is super short lol Don't think they make controller cord extensions for ones like that at all.  Perhaps the better option is to have a really long HDMI cord? Like I grabbed something like a 20 foot one awhile back.

sithsylar

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 06:54:37 pm »
Yep i got to say that short controller length is honestly killer.  I love the product apart from that but i think its kind of a major problem imo unless you can buy an extension for it...

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 09:11:29 am »
There are extension cables out there already, although they're somewhat rare. There's only a couple on eBay at the moment.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 11:40:46 am »
Yikes, that is one short cord.

necrosexual

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 06:20:27 am »
ahhh my post got deleted.

i met a guy who was pretty interested in this. older guy who can't get into the 20+ hr experiences offered today, but also doesn't wanna shell out for expensive as shit NES titles.
this thing isn't for me, i think, but yea. there's only a handful of games i'd want to play on this, but i think i can play them other ways.

it's a neat little item tho. i'm sure it'll be a success. it's def releasing at the right time for nostalgia seekers.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »
I'm pretty interested in it.  It has 30 great games, looks like a solidly-built mini-NES and has the original controllers which provide the authentic feel from when you originally played these games. 

What's aggravating is seeing articles on it on the web and in the comments sections, everyone bitching about the price.  Wow...$60 for a souvenir/game system and thirty DAMN FINE GREAT CLASSIC GAMES.  We aren't talking 30 Atari "beep-boop-bop!" games or one of those chinzy Genesis consoles with 30 home-coded turds to pad out the selection.  It also has HDMI and Nintendo is making it directly, not some 3rd party.  Things like not including the AC adapter for the end of the USB power cable are cheesy as is the short controller cord length.  But the same people bitching about the price will go out to a bar or a movie or an overpriced dinner and spend more than that no questions asked.

Me?  I could go eat a $60 meal.  About 12 hours later (give or take) I'll pinch a big loaf of that meal in the toilet.  Or, I could buy a $8 McMeal and this guy for about the same price and enjoy classic gaming bliss forever more. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 04:11:17 pm »
Me?  I could go eat a $60 meal.  About 12 hours later (give or take) I'll pinch a big loaf of that meal in the toilet.  Or, I could buy a $8 McMeal and this guy for about the same price and enjoy classic gaming bliss forever more.
Sometimes this crosses my mind.

gf78

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 06:27:10 pm »
Sometimes this crosses my mind.

I'll be honest with you. In the past when I wanted something, I've always opted for something physical over food. When I was in middle school, I saved my lunch money every day to buy comic books. When I got older and was single, I'd eat friggin ramen noodles to have the money for whatever I wanted.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

necrosexual

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
I'm pretty interested in it.  It has 30 great games, looks like a solidly-built mini-NES and has the original controllers which provide the authentic feel from when you originally played these games. 

What's aggravating is seeing articles on it on the web and in the comments sections, everyone bitching about the price.  Wow...$60 for a souvenir/game system and thirty DAMN FINE GREAT CLASSIC GAMES.  We aren't talking 30 Atari "beep-boop-bop!" games or one of those chinzy Genesis consoles with 30 home-coded turds to pad out the selection.  It also has HDMI and Nintendo is making it directly, not some 3rd party.  Things like not including the AC adapter for the end of the USB power cable are cheesy as is the short controller cord length.  But the same people bitching about the price will go out to a bar or a movie or an overpriced dinner and spend more than that no questions asked.

edit: i'm really sorry, i ramble a lot >~> feel free to ignore

i agree with you about the preferring something physical over buying food yikes. but i have disordered eating, so i see it as a win/win in my case. >.>;;
on the other hand, how the hell does someone eat a $60 meal??? i think the biggest tab i've ever dragged up was $25... that was sushi, a bento box and a round of desert and hot tea. yikes. (there again, as a vegetarian, it's hard for me to accrue a big tab... big tabs, i think, come from quality steak and such, filet mignon, it's easy to not accrue a giant tab on cheap vegetarian sushi/seaweed salad/tofu/mochi ice cream hahaha. i remember my ex would order salmon or whatever and  his side of our tab would usually swallow mine whole... mahi mahi or salmon and the quality fish sushis don't come cheap at aaaall. ...well, it's easy to be cheap as a vegetarian as long as you don't go to hipstery vegan restaurants that shun GMOs and other shit like that lmao)

but yeah, $60 is a new game, and the price of all these games on the virtual console is like double, almost triple, the cost of this little machine. the price is fine. it's really not that much at all. you get 30 games and a neat collector's item... $2/game, before considering manufacturing cost and the cost of the little console itself. it's a great deal. kinda funny games pointed this out too. don't NES games on VC go for $5??

only children can really complain about $60 ngl. i don't make a lot, i make maybe 100 extra bones a month if i'm being 100% honest, but even i see that the value of this is actually higher. tho one can argue about why old games still go for $5 in digital format, or whatever (especially in a day where $1 mobile games are everywhere...) but that's for another topic altogether and can be a demand/supply argument for people brighter than i am.

as for people blowing that much cash on a dinner + cinema experience... people live for experience and they see value in different things, i guess.
for me, going to cinema for a $12(? $17?) ticket + popcorn/candy/soda cost + $20 dinner or whatever, i have no idea how much this stuff costs anymore lmao, isn't worth it, because i don't see 'value' in film watching... which is precisely why i can count the amount of films i've seen in the past 5 years on one hand and probably have a finger or two to spare (the machinist, one or two of the godzilla films, alfred hitchcock's psycho, fwiw). i find it a pointless activity, that i get very little to no enrichment out of, i don't feel any accomplishment after film-watching (unlike reading a book/manga, drawing, playing a game to completion, etc). but other people put a lot of value into watching films (or anime or whatever). but they don't feel there is as much value in retro NES titles in a pretty package. that's just their own personal supply/demand in their own head, i guess. my ex roommate got a lot of enrichment out of going to the cinema... he was constantly watching movies on netflix, constantly going to the cinema, at least three times a month. as for me, i found it a pointless activity, so i wouldn't partake (to his chagrin)

people prioritise things based on what they feel they get from that experience... some people dig that whole "going on a friday night to the cinema after dinner then renting another film before bed" jam, they don't think about blowing that cash for that reason. but buying this, when they could just download those games via piracy... yeah.
i guess it's the same for anything else. i think i'd be more likely to partake in film piracy (I DON'T, i don't even have internet to pull that off right now LOL) than, say, my roommate, who paid for netflix/redbox/cinema tickets, because i don't feel that it's a value to me to pay for film (i don't feel it's a value TO MY TIME, though, whether i get it for free or not, so i don't bother at all). on the other hand, he was much more keen on downloading DS games online... because he was borrowing my DS, so he didn't have a permanent platform to play them on... the value wasn't there for him.

on the other hand, we at this site all seem to prefer owning copies of games rather than renting/borrowing/pirating for a reason yeah? ;'D

dunno why i'm rambling about this shit, which you all probably know by now.
but yeah.
i mean, i get why people complain about the price, but it's their own personal set of value, versus true market value. in other words, they're being self-absorbed. go figure, the game industry is full of that, haha.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:07:39 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.