Author Topic: Will i like the game The 3rd Birthday  (Read 1153 times)

lordscott

Will i like the game The 3rd Birthday
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »
To explain why am i asking while i was looking at pics of the game on giantbomb it looks like a fun game and i added a few pics of the game on my gallery section on my account of giantbomb & it looks like a good game to try so I'm asking out of curiosity and honestly i never heard of the game.

& so far only ones I've heard of is Parasite Eve & Parasite Eve 2 & never played Parasite Eve,Parasite Eve 2 & The 3rd Birthday before and i don't have Parasite Eve,Parasite Eve 2 & The 3rd Birthday yet. Anyway those of you who tried the game please give me your opinions thanks & thanks for your understanding. & before you ask me no i haven't decided yet if i will get Parasite Eve & Parasite Eve 2 if i do end up getting The 3rd birthday :).

& to end it here so you all know before any of you ask me so far only PSP version i have in my collection at the moment is PSP3000
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:06:01 pm by lordscott »

Nickkchilla

Re: Will i like the game The 3rd Birthday
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:01:30 pm »

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 09:17:16 pm »
I haven't played 3rd Birthday, but I've heard it's best not to think of it as a sequel in the PE series. One of my friends loves it but I've heard it's not for everyone.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 09:18:16 pm »
You'll love the game that happened 3 years and 9 months before The 3rd Birthday.

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 01:56:09 am »
I'd honestly reccomend Parasite Eve 1 over the rest of the trilogy for better story/characters, soundtrack, and gameplay.  Apparently, the 3rd Birthday drops the ball on those factors, which is why I'm not really interested in the game; it's got a mostly polarizing reputation, and most of the negative reception is from those who played the previous 2 PE games.

So, in short, get Parasite Eve.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 02:04:38 am »
Third Birthday has the same main character as the first two games but a completely stand alone story.

Partly because Parasite Eve is actually a licensed property and they decided to go with something completely original for the third installment.

The first game is very good. The best way to think about it would be crossing Resident Evil setting and theme with with the FF7 Crisis Core battle system.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:55 am »
I loathed it. It was awful and I do not recommend it unless you have absolutely nothing to play on your PSP.

Not to sound like Star Jones whoring out her awful books, but I wrote a review on it on GameFAQs that will further explain why the game was yucky.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 10:53:20 am »
Jesus this thread is dumb...

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »

I thought it was basically just a query about whether the game was good or not. Did you enjoy it?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 12:48:11 pm »
9 tastes like the color purple.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 12:55:33 pm »

I thought it was basically just a query about whether the game was good or not. Did you enjoy it?

That's what I thought.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »
^ The title makes sense, sure. But do you guys actually understand the first post?

Warmsignal

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 02:45:59 pm »
^ The title makes sense, sure. But do you guys actually understand the first post?

I did, but I'm used to running into folks on the internet whose first language might not be English (or if it was, sometimes people have a tendency to write exactly what they're thinking... which can be difficult to parse out).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

thecrypticodor

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 09:48:25 pm »
You won’t need to have played any of the PE games to follow the 3rd birthday’s storyline since it’s really not connected to the first two games in any significant way. The 3rd birthday's gameplay is a tactical third person cover based shooter with light RPG elements. As for my opinion I enjoyed the game quite a bit and have played it through a couple times. I’d give it a 7.5/10.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:50:19 pm by thecrypticodor »