Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016  (Read 30005 times)

desocietas

Re: Interest for Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2016, 05:53:59 pm »
I don't think I can export it, anyways. I don't have Microsoft Office, which Excel is on. I don't want to pay $100+ for an office package. I just use Wordpad for making documents.

One handy thing for me on my old computer (without Office) - I drag Excel files into Google docs (free) and tell it to covert it to their Spreadsheets format. At least it's viewable and editable that way.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrnikon

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2016, 06:15:36 pm »
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up. Friday, I will give a week for wish lists. If you do not send in a wish list in that week, I will remove you from the list. I do not want to deal with the hassle Ive had before of people trying to get in late and having to rearrange everything. I will send out emails to everyone once that week is over giving everyone their recipient. You will have 3-4 weeks to buy and an additional 3-4 weeks to send. Basically 8 or so weeks to buy a gift and send it out to get it there by Christmas.

Should i just send you a link to my wish list that i have on here?

desocietas

« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2016, 06:40:10 pm »
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up. Friday, I will give a week for wish lists. If you do not send in a wish list in that week, I will remove you from the list. I do not want to deal with the hassle Ive had before of people trying to get in late and having to rearrange everything. I will send out emails to everyone once that week is over giving everyone their recipient. You will have 3-4 weeks to buy and an additional 3-4 weeks to send. Basically 8 or so weeks to buy a gift and send it out to get it there by Christmas.

Should i just send you a link to my wish list that i have on here?

What I've done is PM Soera with basically the same info that I want passed on to the SS. Here's my PM from last year:

(my address)

(Note to Secret Santa:

This list is in no particular order... Used games are totally okay, but CIB, please!  Also, feel free to look at my wishlist at VGC for other ideas.  Please try to keep your identity secret (try to keep your username hidden unless it's inside with the present), and let Soera know if everything is wrapped inside or not wrapped - I like to keep everything wrapped until Christmas morning :)

Thank you so much, happy hunting, and happy holidays!)

(wishlist items)

Makes it easy (I hope!) for him to copy-pasta into a PM to the SS.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »
Double-post.  Looks like you can export your wishlist, but other people can't export the wishlist of other people... also, it doesn't have a column for priority :( Maybe this is something Jason can work on for next year? I think that would be a useful feature for folks in case they want to send a list to someone else without having to send them the whole spreadsheet themselves.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

devancowan

« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2016, 08:30:55 pm »
If its not to late to join, I would like to join. I had a blast last year doing it!  :)

kashell

« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2016, 08:19:11 am »
If its not to late to join, I would like to join. I had a blast last year doing it!  :)

Since today (10/20) is the last day to sign up, it looks like you're right on time!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2016, 01:06:50 pm »
Guys I'm excited for this year's secret santa!!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2016, 05:48:37 pm »
Let's go for another 100%!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2016, 07:26:20 pm »
Last day peeps. And for the confused, wish list is whatever you want it to be. If you want a fucking Shetland pony, put that bastard on there. But if you expect to get it, lmao, you are on the wrong forums. If you want to use the VGCollect wishlist for your list, just send me a link to it. Anything works. Hell if you want to personally mail one to my house I dont mind. But it may take longer than a week to get here.

I have everyone added so far that has asked to join up to the time of this post.

Warmsignal

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2016, 11:59:47 pm »
If it's not too late, since technically it's still Thursday, then add me.

kashell

« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2016, 08:23:31 am »

Damn dude, cutting it super close!

kashell

« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2016, 08:26:57 am »
And I'll double-post just because I can.

Soera, I'm sending you a PM!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:39 am »
Soera if you want help so you don't know who has you let me know!

soera

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2016, 01:10:35 am »

LMFAO, yeah you cut it close ... literally seconds. But I will add you.

In other news, I didnt get a break today from work like I expected (FML) so I havent had a chance to do anything on this ... but Monday starts my vacation for almost 2 weeks so I will get everything updated then. Lists will be sent to recipients and what not.

I appreciate the offers to help but Im good this year so far. :D

mrnikon

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2016, 10:23:18 am »
Soera sent you a PM last night.