Author Topic: What cell phone do you currently use?  (Read 3582 times)

What cell phone do you currently use?
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:08:57 pm »
What is your every day driver for cellular communication :D

Mine is the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Gold :)

Re: What cell phone do you currently use?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:43:28 pm »
I just paid off my LG G3.  Works well enough, though I recently started to notice how it seems like my GPS just doesn't work inside a lot of buildings and I don't know if that is my phone or the service for T-Mobile.  My phone also doesn't seem to work on highways, which is frustrating on the two trips I've taken recently.  Might consider a new one, maybe something Samsung or just the LG G5 perhaps, not sure, it's another pricey buy even if I do the two year payment plan.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:50:11 pm »
Just a cheap little Trachone, an LG35. It works for me as I have little need/interest for games and apps on my phone. And at with service only being $7 a month, that leaves plenty more spending money for my collections.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:54:58 pm »
Galaxy S6

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 12:29:21 am »
LG Envoy II

...because I do not believe in "smart" phones

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 02:00:28 am »
I've always been a fan of windows phone, I'm on my fourth one, I've got the Lumia 950 XL. Love it

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 10:44:42 am »
Galaxy s7

retr0gamer80

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 11:40:23 am »
Huawei P8 Lite.
Cheap and good smartphone.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »
...because I do not believe in "smart" phones

They're elusive, like Bigfoot, lol.

I don't have a true smartphone, either. But that's because I'm cheap and can wait until I get home to my computer for using programs and such (and I work in front of a computer).

I have a Tracphone (pre-paid minutes), their supposed "smartphone" model. But really, all you can use is their specific, crappy apps, you can't use the apps that you actually want to use on a smartphone. And it's touchscreen, which I thought would be a nice upgrade, but I find myself missing actual buttons.

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 02:45:32 pm »
I have always been an Android guy, but picked up an iPhone SE a couple months ago when my contract ended.  I miss the customizability of Android, but I love my SE.  It's the only small phone on the market that has flagship specs on the inside.  In 2 years if Android has a similar offering or the SE line is ended I will go back to Android, but for now the SE is the perfect phone for me.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

robertoman

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 04:12:13 pm »
I just exchanged my dying IPhone 4 for an LG G4 and I am not at all disappointed with it. I regret not switching to Android sooner.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 04:33:34 pm »

I have a Tracphone (pre-paid minutes), their supposed "smartphone" model. But really, all you can use is their specific, crappy apps, you can't use the apps that you actually want to use on a smartphone. And it's touchscreen, which I thought would be a nice upgrade, but I find myself missing actual buttons.

The Tracfone I have is a full android 4.1 Smartphone. Plus they sell sim cards to convert other smartphones to Tracfones. It sounds like you got something like the 305C, which, while having a touch screen and the triple minutes option, is not an actual smartphone.

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 08:35:54 pm »
ZTE Warp Elite- midrange phone thats similar to a lower clocked Galaxy S4.

This is on Boost's 10 GB Family plan , which is $115 for 4 people.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 09:55:59 pm »
I'm currently using a Wiko Fever...which nobody ever seemed to have heard of. Heck, I never heard of it until I found it in a web store. Wiko is VERY slowly making its entrance in the Netherlands, and from what I could gather it's a popular brand in France. Nobody I showed it to has ever heard of it though.

I really like it though! I've been using it for about half a year now. It has great specs, seems fairly durable so far and is pretty affordable for the given specs. It uses a slightly modified version of Android, but you get used to this fairly quickly. Overall, I'm definitely happy with it.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 10:50:20 pm »
Moto G2. Got it last year and it was my first smartphone. I thought I didn't need one before then, I was wrong.