Author Topic: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?  (Read 17713 times)

What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?
« on: October 07, 2016, 11:02:14 pm »
Have you ever gotten something really valuable or rare for extremely cheap or found an amazing deal on something you were looking for? :D.   

The best deal I ever got was on a NES which I got for Free with 5 uncommon games and 2 paddles.  A man in his mid 20s was moving out and he was leaving things on the sidewalk with For free signs and I had a talk with him for a while.  I guess he was moving away for college and he didn't have room and didn't want to go through the trouble of posting everything or having a yard sale and he was pinched for time. so he said whatever I wanted I could have.  He was cool as an ice cube :).  I also got a Lava Lamp and a Homer Simpson plush from him lol.   I was so excited.   

What is the best score you have ever got? :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 11:44:37 pm »
Have you ever gotten something really valuable or rare for extremely cheap or found an amazing deal on something you were looking for? :D.   

The best deal I ever got was on a NES which I got for Free with 5 uncommon games and 2 paddles.  A man in his mid 20s was moving out and he was leaving things on the sidewalk with For free signs and I had a talk with him for a while.  I guess he was moving away for college and he didn't have room and didn't want to go through the trouble of posting everything or having a yard sale and he was pinched for time. so he said whatever I wanted I could have.  He was cool as an ice cube :).  I also got a Lava Lamp and a Homer Simpson plush from him lol.   I was so excited.   

What is the best score you have ever got? :D

I bought Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Super Mario All-Stars for $2.50 total at a yard sale.

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 11:50:37 pm »
$1 for a CIB Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn, part of a 20 game lot that were all $1 each at my goodwill bookstore.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 12:56:59 am »
I got a copy of Congo Bongo for the Intellivision for 3 bucks once. (For those of you who don't know, it's considered the most uncommon/rare game for the system)
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 01:11:40 am »
An entire Xbox 360 Retail kiosk for free. One of the perks of being able to claim right of salvage in a retail store.

Sadly, I did have to get rid of it because of a move, but I was able to salvage the system and controllers to convert it into a christmas gift for my cousins.

I've still got most of the smaller things though, which would be 2 PSPs (1 1000, 1 Go), several full games for the Original Xbox and 360, and a bunch of demo discs for the Gamecube, PSP, PS2, and 360. The 360 Pirates of the Caribbean demo disc is a nasty one as it automatically formats the system's hard drive and disables the guide button. I also still have my Super Smash Bros. Brawl retail display, as it's a perfect holder for my currently playing pile.

Otherwise, for where I had to shell out money, probably getting Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for $5 at a movie rental place's liquidation sale or a CIB Japanese Pokemon Stadium GS for $10. There was also one time where Microsoft was having a BOGO sale on their site, but screwed it up something fierce, where you could get the more expensive games for free, so by buying Angry Birds: Star Wars for $20, I was able to get the new releases Dark Souls II and South Park Stick of Truth for free.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 01:16:51 am »
Nothing crazy deal wise, but one day I got something like 20 Dreamcast games, at two separate Salvation Army's, for like 20 to 30 bucks.  Practically a buck a piece.  Nothing super uncommon or rare, but great deal.

One time I got Symphony of the Night on PS1 for a dollar.  This thrift shop I go to sells CD's and PS1 games for a dollar, no matter what they are, the PS1 games probably only there because they are the same size.

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 06:04:41 am »
I'm more of an online person since the deals in the wild pale in comparison

I've found boxes of snes stuff with allot of cib stuff for less than 20 euro's and some rare games for a buck or two.

My best deal in the wild was finding one cib gameboy game for 3 euro's

A pretty crappy title but thanks to the variant I've sold it for 250 since for example a UK version was only worth 20 and really easy to get
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 10:06:59 am »
Probably finding a Commodore 64 for $10 at Goodwill. Unfortunately it died only a few months later, but it was a still a great find!

I also got a Sega CD locally for $30 (but it also died a few months later).

Recently, I can't seem to find anything for a deal, though.

retr0gamer80

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 12:05:31 pm »
I got Loom for PC incl. Disks, Manual and Tape for just 1$.  :P

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 02:02:56 pm »
Probably when I got like 25 boxed NES games for $30. Or, my Vectrex console with complete games for $20... or, SwordQuest WaterWorld for $3. It's hard to say, back in the day it was easy to find great deals. Does Castlevania Bloodlines for $5 count? Because I have a ton of finds like that from back when.

I bought Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Super Mario All-Stars for $2.50 total at a yard sale.

Had nearly the same deal once. Only it was DKC 2 & 3 with an SNES, for $5.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »
40 dollars:

NES top loader
3 controllers
Super C
Mario/Duck Hunt
Mario 2
Zelda
Castlevania
Castlevania 2
Toxic Crusaders
Super Glove Ball

ffxik

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 04:29:17 pm »
Dragon Force and Shining the Holy Ark CIB for $14, at a game store just a few years ago.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 08:42:05 pm »
35$:
Battletoads double Dragon genesis
 Hard driven genesis
Turtles in time
Megaman x
Yoshis island
Super Mario kart
Snes mini
Paper mario 64
Occarina of time
Majoras mask
Mario party
Mariokart 64
Kirby 64
Donkey Kong 64

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 11:10:13 pm »
Earthbound new in the box in a bargain bin for $5 (not including sales tax).

retrogemcollector

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 05:11:59 am »
It's a little bit cheating buy I'd go with PDS and Earthbound bought new in late 90s for $9,99 and $15,99 in the discount bin.