Author Topic: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?  (Read 17714 times)

Re: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 10:29:57 am »
My single greatest deal was finding a huge lot of N64 games (40+) along with an Ice Blue Console and Controller for $50 total. The lot has maybe 6 or 7 filler, throw away titles and the rest was quality, including Conkers, Mario Part 1 and 2, Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Smash Bros, Banjo Tooie, and the list goes on and on. At the time I found it (2011), the lot was worth about $600.

My first huge score was finding a stack of PS1 games at a garage sale for $2 each. Picked up Ogre Battle, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Ehrgeiz, Final Fantasy VIII, and a handful of other awesome titles in that lot.

I have a local store near where I live that is owned by Go Hastings, that also as I write this is going out of business after 5-years. I bring them up because over the years I have found some incredible titles there for only $3, the amount they price all games that are pre-PS3/360/Wii. Here are some of the incredible titles that I found there over the years for $3 a piece or less:
- Ogre Battle 64,
- .Hack Quarentine (x2)
- Skies of Arcadia
- Klonoa (PS1)
- Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (XBOX and PS2 x2)
- Haunting Grounds (x4)
- Growlanser Generations Deluxe Edition
- Winning Post (Saturn)
- Saturn Bomberman
- Mega Man X Collection (Gamecube)
- Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (Gamecube x2)
- Buckey O'Hare
- Countless other sought after and valuable games

And the finally amazing deal I found was a garage sale I went to a few years ago where I battled a reseller with a spreadsheet over a ridiculous amount of Dreamcast, CIB NES and NES titles, and a variety of sought after Gamecube titles. While she was looking at her spreadsheet and trying to find the ones she wanted to sell, i was grabbing titles left and right that I knew I wanted. I ended up getting a bunch of valuable Dreamcast titles, a few good CIB NES games, a CIB SNES console, and few oldr player's guides all for around $30.

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 03:29:11 pm »
It's funny, just today at Goodwill, I found Tales of Symphonia for $2

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 05:25:33 pm »
It's a little bit cheating buy I'd go with PDS and Earthbound bought new in late 90s for $9,99 and $15,99 in the discount bin.

All of my good deals are from the 90's. It was before Ebay took off and people were literally throwing out retro games.

Neo Geo AES complete with box for $100
Sega Master System Brand New $50
Atari 2600 games sealed - $1 each (tons of these)

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 08:29:20 pm »
Panic Restaurant for $4
Panic Restaurant for $5
Caltron 6-in-1 $5

Those are 3 good ones.

kashell

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:31 am »
I found a copy of Ogre Battle 64 for $3 a few years ago at a start up gaming store. Either the guy in charge made the mistake of putting all N64 titles in the bargain bin, or he didn't realize what he had. As soon as I saw it priced for less than a pumpkin spice latte (it was during the fall season I found it and stopped into the game store before going to get my basic white girl beverage) I threw my morals of having both the box and manual out the window because I knew I would never find something for that price again.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 10:48:06 am »
A retro chain store in my area had a sale thay called it classic plastic. I got a sealed battle toads for nes and panzer dragoon saga for five bucks each. Lots of other stuff too. I took the day off work and drove to six diffrent locations.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 11:11:46 am »
It's a little bit cheating buy I'd go with PDS and Earthbound bought new in late 90s for $9,99 and $15,99 in the discount bin.

Neo Geo AES complete with box for $100

Since I've been collecting it has been my dream to find one of these, loose or boxed. Only problem would be that once I found one I doubt I'd be able to get many games for it since they go for hundreds to thousands typically.

azure

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 12:18:52 pm »
Various games at my local honey hole for some great prices. Don't remember all but here are a few recent ones:

Blood Will Tell - 1.95$
Xenosaga 1-3- 1.95$ each
Teen Titans (Xbox)- 4.99$
Dragon Warrior 7- 1.95$

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 12:57:09 pm »
Blood Will Tell - 1.95$

This game is insanely rare. I have seen a total of one in person, ever, and it is the copy I have in my collection. Paid $30 for it at the time. which from what I've seen is a steal now.

azure

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »
Blood Will Tell - 1.95$

This game is insanely rare. I have seen a total of one in person, ever, and it is the copy I have in my collection. Paid $30 for it at the time. which from what I've seen is a steal now.
Yes, which is a great shame. The game is wonderful.

kashell

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 01:26:14 pm »
Blood Will Tell - 1.95$

Yes, which is a great shame. The game is wonderful.

Agreed. Fantastic game.

sworddude

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 03:24:34 pm »
I found a copy of Ogre Battle 64 for $3 a few years ago at a start up gaming store. Either the guy in charge made the mistake of putting all N64 titles in the bargain bin, or he didn't realize what he had. As soon as I saw it priced for less than a pumpkin spice latte (it was during the fall season I found it and stopped into the game store before going to get my basic white girl beverage) I threw my morals of having both the box and manual out the window because I knew I would never find something for that price again.

I know that I'm being a jerk but 8)

That's only a 40 - 50 dollar cardridge are you serious?

I'ts an excellent deal but the greatest thing ever  ???

I couldn't live with myself if that was the best deal I ever made.

BTW That description is golden ::)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:28:34 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telly

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 03:32:11 pm »

Well, it's not necessarily about the best deal ever, just the best deal you've ever found in the wild ;)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 03:40:16 pm »

No, I'm not serious. I made the whole thing up for kicks and giggles. I bet I had you all in stitches.

sworddude

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 03:42:06 pm »

Well, it's not necessarily about the best deal ever, just the best deal you've ever found in the wild ;)

True but how he said that he would never find anything for that price again is pretty entertaining

I don't care eitherway just saying that the way he said it is pretty redundant.

nothing personal just saying.

No, I'm not serious. I made the whole thing up for kicks and giggles. I bet I had you all in stitches.

Don't sweat it I know It's legit  ;)
Your Stylish Sword Master!