Author Topic: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?  (Read 17730 times)

kashell

Re: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 03:45:58 pm »
I'm not sweating anything, my darling.

For the reading impaired, I could have said "I knew that I would never find a copy of Ogre Battle 64 out in the wild again."

Just sayin' ^.~

telly

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 03:46:19 pm »
My best deal was probably the SNES Justifier lightgun for Lethal Enforcers I picked up at a garage sale for 10 cents.

I know that isn't "super" amazing since the gun goes for $35 on average from what I can see online. That's the best I got though :-[
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 04:05:20 pm »
I'm not sweating anything, my darling.

For the reading impaired, I could have said "I knew that I would never find a copy of Ogre Battle 64 out in the wild again."

Just sayin' ^.~

''As soon as I saw it priced for less than a pumpkin spice latte (it was during the fall season I found it and stopped into the game store before going to get my basic white girl beverage) I threw my morals of having both the box and manual out the window because I knew I would never find something for that price again.''

I still find your former message to be utterly hilarious ::)

I can only imagine what happened to you on that very day. You must have slept pretty light for at least a couple of days thanks to that deal of true insanity  ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:10:21 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 04:10:10 pm »
If I'm able to brighten someone's day with my analogies, then that makes my day all the more sweeter.

EDIT: I just saw your edit. "I can only imagine what happened to you on that very day. You must have slept pretty light for at least a couple of days thanks to that deal of true insanity  ;)"

What's with the chip on your shoulder? Ogre Battle 64 is an expensive game. Finding it for $3 as opposed to the $40 to $60 (cart only) everywhere else was a fantastic find.

As an aside, my copy is now complete.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:20:50 pm by kashell »

sworddude

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 04:32:04 pm »
If I'm able to brighten someone's day with my analogies, then that makes my day all the more sweeter.

EDIT: I just saw your edit. "I can only imagine what happened to you on that very day. You must have slept pretty light for at least a couple of days thanks to that deal of true insanity  ;)"

What's with the chip on your shoulder? Ogre Battle 64 is an expensive game. Finding it for $3 as opposed to the $40 to $60 (cart only) everywhere else was a fantastic find.

As an aside, my copy is now complete.

I already said it is an excellent deal, just the way you said it makes it look like a deal of insanity.

It's only fair that one can imagine what might be going on in someone head if one is saying it in such a extravagant way.

kashell

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 05:02:19 pm »
I don't mind you imagining about me, but at least keep your thoughts family friendly.

sworddude

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »
I don't mind you imagining about me, but at least keep your thoughts family friendly.

I''m just saying that You won't hear me saying that I for example find zelda's adventure cdi game for 7,50 and that I've lost all my morals and going insane that I'll never find it ever again for that price.

I'll keep it family friendly though for the little kids and the doggies.

kashell

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »
Y'okay, first of all that statement about me making purchase even though the game didn't come with a manual or a case was meant to be a joke. Surely you realize that. If not, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Second of all, who mentioned anything about going insane other than you? Obviously I was excited to see Ogre Battle 64 for such a low price, but where in the world did you get this idea of me going insane?

Finally, why are you comparing Ogre Battle to Zelda CDi?

sworddude

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »
Y'okay, first of all that statement about me making purchase even though the game didn't come with a manual or a case was meant to be a joke. Surely you realize that. If not, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Second of all, who mentioned anything about going insane other than you? Obviously I was excited to see Ogre Battle 64 for such a low price, but where in the world did you get this idea of me going insane?

The zelda game is Just a random example nothing more nothing less.

Furthermore don't make a big deal about it we live in a free country I have my opinions you have yours.

Your message is just so funny that I have my opinion how I feel about it, don't take it to personal.

Finally keep it family friendly like you said, Your harming the little kids and their doggies ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:23:50 pm by sworddude »

kashell

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 06:15:41 pm »
Wait...huh? Who's taking anything personal? What in blazes are you talking about?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:24:33 am by kashell »

maximo310

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 01:58:13 am »
Let's get back on topic....

I also remembered a few other great deals-

- Cave Story 3D (3DS, w/ slipcover) for $1
- Tales of Xillia CE ( this was mistakenly priced as the smaller limited edition, and with my ebay seller discount came out to around $8 for it CIB)
- A NES lot with 20 games for $18
-First party Gamecube games for $2-5 at Goodwill
- $4 for the two Lunar games on PS1 ( both CIB)

Those are the extremely good deals, but I've had alot of good deals that were usually around 25-75% MSRP, especially with tales of hunting down rare Wii games at Gamestop, which saved a ton of money, especially on stuff like Fritz Chess and Dokapon Kingdom.

kashell

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 08:25:44 am »
- $4 for the two Lunar games on PS1 ( both CIB)

Dang, that one is magnificent. Especially for LUNAR 2; that game is great.

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:58 am »
Ah, this ole topic again.  I always have trouble remembering my best deals.

$50 for 2 intellivisions, a Genesis w/ power base converter, 3-4 phaser light guns, a CIB phaser light gun, 30 CIB Genesis games, 10 CIB SMS games, 10 CIB Intellivision games, a couple of Wii games, Shining Force CD (missing manual), SMS 3D Glasses, replacement intellivision controllers, 10 SMS/Gen controllers (both 3 button and 6 button).

$5 for an intellivision, 20 loose cart intellivison games, and one of those display/storage box things for the system and games.

Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2 Plus, Eternal Darkness, Smash Melee, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (PS2) all CIB for 75 cents each.

.Hack // G. U. Vol 3 Redemption for $2 a few days ago.

Ace Combat 6 flight stick bundle for $10.

Blue and Pink Justifiers for about $10 total.

Hurricanes for SNES for $15 a couple of months back.

$5 for a stack of CIB Genesis games that included Rocket Knight Adventures and ZAMN

$40 for a CIB NES Challenge Set + CIB SMB 2 + B&M for Gold Medal Challenge 92.

I'm certain there are more

theflea

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 02:26:49 am »
I pick up great deals from garage sales all the time.
I have found earthbound three times all under $5.
Heck my boxed copy i picked up for $5 on clearance at a toys r us back in the 90s.
Just picked up a chrono trigger that was in a bag full of games for $20 making it about $1.
I used to review video games back in the late 90s - early 2000s and got free games all the time. Half of my PS1 & N64 collection i got for free. Its the only reason i own a CIB shantae for GBC.

I'm always hunting for deals. From garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores or my local used game store.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 11:09:19 am »

I don't get it both games have some value why can't you compare the two?

Same thing to me