Author Topic: Wrong release dates  (Read 1159 times)

Wrong release dates
« on: October 09, 2016, 09:58:36 am »
According to GOG, the release dates of this games are wrong on the database:
  • Evolva
  • Kingpin: Life of Crime
  • Sacrifice
  • MDK
  • MDK 2
  • Redneck Rampage Collection
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
  • Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
  • Stonekeep
I made the corrections, but all my changes were rejected. Is there any reason for that?

Flashback2012

Re: Wrong release dates
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:28:30 am »
Are you trying to edit the physical PC editions or the GOG.com releases? Near as I can tell the dates listed on the GOG website correspond to the release date of the physical version and the dates on the entries for the GOG versions listed here correspond to their release on the GOG website.

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 12:26:19 pm »
Using one of your games as example: Redneck Rampage Collection

Gamepage: https://www.gog.com/game/redneck_rampage_collection - April 30th 1997
Game release page: https://www.gog.com/news/new_release_redneck_rampage_collection -  September 16th 2008

Upcoming Pre-orders:

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 12:48:45 pm »
I reject some of the aforementioned because they do not follow our Style Guide on release dates concerning digital games.

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,22.msg159.html#msg159

If you wish to mention the original retail release dates that can be added to the items description.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:52:56 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 01:20:47 pm »
I reject some of the aforementioned because they do not follow our Style Guide on release dates concerning digital games.

Sorry, I misunderstood this rule. But it wouldn't be more informative to have the game release date instead of its digital copy? So we could know the exactly age of the game, even if it wasn't released digitally before.

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 03:19:16 pm »

Sorry, I misunderstood this rule. But it wouldn't be more informative to have the game release date instead of its digital copy? So we could know the exactly age of the game, even if it wasn't released digitally before.

You could cross-reference the physical releases and put a note in the description field saying "Originally released for the PC on 12/31/19XX" or something to that effect.

washerdryercombo

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »
According to GOG, the release dates of this games are wrong on the database:
  • Evolva
  • Kingpin: Life of Crime
  • Sacrifice
  • MDK
  • MDK 2
  • Redneck Rampage Collection
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
  • Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
  • Stonekeep
I made the corrections, but all my changes were rejected. Is there any reason for that?

Does GOG have the correct release dates? These games predate that digital distribution platforms existence.