Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246812 times)

azure

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1200 on: July 14, 2016, 10:34:53 am »
Hi people i decided to join this website as i was looking for something to keep track of all the games i have.  Thankfully i have come across this website and couldn't be more happier with it :D.  Im 31 years old and have been playing video games since i was a kid!  I am also from Australia.  Cheers.
Welcome to the site, always nice to see more Anime/Manga fans.

sithsylar

« Reply #1201 on: July 14, 2016, 03:35:06 pm »
Hi people i decided to join this website as i was looking for something to keep track of all the games i have.  Thankfully i have come across this website and couldn't be more happier with it :D.  Im 31 years old and have been playing video games since i was a kid!  I am also from Australia.  Cheers.

Australians.... An entire country of criminals.  Hold on to your wallets, folks.   ;)

I'm kidding man.  Welcome to the site.  I hear things are tough to find down there.  Are you into old stuff, new stuff, or what?  Any cool finds?

New stuff mostly man if i got into old stuff i could really go down the rabbit hole haha.

Link

« Reply #1202 on: July 16, 2016, 11:57:34 pm »
Hi all!
New member from Italy, 30 years old and playing videogames for 29 years  :P

I grew up with NES, amiga and game boy, but i fall in love with retrogaming two years ago, when i found my old game boy pocket in a drawer and start to search new cartridge for it.
Now the situation gets a bit out of hands, and i can't stop to expand my libraries   :-[

I like to collect rare and limited consoles&games.
Usually playing RPGs, platform and adventures.

Hope i can help with your great database, surely it will help me keeping track of my games  ;D

Cheers
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

/
                       |
O========|[[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                       |
                        \

kashell

« Reply #1203 on: July 17, 2016, 11:00:20 am »
Welcome, Link! Great to have you.

rayne315

« Reply #1204 on: July 18, 2016, 02:36:34 pm »
welcome to the site Link!

side note: I am surprised that user name has not already been taken.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1205 on: July 19, 2016, 12:47:54 pm »
Hey all
I've been a member of this site for a couple of years, but only to keep track of my game collection. Finally decided to join the discussion, mainly because my family and I recently moved to a larger house in Indiana and I now have a retro-gaming area where I can get most of my old consoles and games out of storage.

I grew up during the golden age of arcades, playing classics like Ms Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Q*Bert, my all-time favorite game. My first home console was the Atari 2600, which was given away a few years later. Eventually got an NES, and I have kept every system I've acquired since then. I enjoy about every genre except for sports games; action, adventure, beat-em-up, platformer, RPG, shmup, FPS, I have favorites in each category. My personal top-10 games is a mixture of genres and eras, from Q*Bert to arcade TMNT to Final Fantasy VI to Shadow of the Colossus to Bioshock Infinite. I still consider my best gaming accomplishment to be finishing NES Contra twice consecutively without dying; at the time, I never needed the 30-man code :D

Glad to be here, I just enjoy discussing classic games with people who know what I'm talking about :)

kashell

« Reply #1206 on: July 19, 2016, 01:04:55 pm »
Welcome to the fun!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1207 on: July 19, 2016, 02:50:04 pm »
I still consider my best gaming accomplishment to be finishing NES Contra twice consecutively without dying; at the time, I never needed the 30-man code :D

Well done.  I'm impressed

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.  Kick off your shoes.  Get comfortable.  Beware the soera.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1208 on: July 19, 2016, 06:05:43 pm »
I still consider my best gaming accomplishment to be finishing NES Contra twice consecutively without dying; at the time, I never needed the 30-man code :D

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.  Kick off your shoes.  Get comfortable.  Beware the soera.

Thanks.
It was not even something I was trying to do. I just happened to be good enough at Contra do get through it with minimal deaths, and I just felt like continuing after finishing it. I didn't realize what I had done until it was over.

And I'm sure not claiming to be some gaming god, I just happened to be good at that one game. There's a number of games that I wasn't able to finish that many others did, like Zelda II and Final Fantasy. Hell, in FF I couldn't get past the first fiend; I would keep grinding for ages and felt like I never got any stronger, and just got tired of grinding so much.

soera

« Reply #1209 on: July 19, 2016, 06:41:34 pm »

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.  Kick off your shoes.  Get comfortable.  Worship the soera.

Thanks.
It was not even something I was trying to do. I just happened to be good enough at Contra do get through it with minimal deaths, and I just felt like continuing after finishing it. I didn't realize what I had done until it was over.

And I'm sure not claiming to be some gaming god, I just happened to be good at that one game. There's a number of games that I wasn't able to finish that many others did, like Zelda II and Final Fantasy. Hell, in FF I couldn't get past the first fiend; I would keep grinding for ages and felt like I never got any stronger, and just got tired of grinding so much.

Ive always needed the 30 man code and I usually still dont beat the game. I did beat Zelda II and FF though. Different skill sets I guess. :) Thats why there are so many different games.

pacpix

« Reply #1210 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:43 pm »
Hey all
I've been a member of this site for a couple of years, but only to keep track of my game collection. Finally decided to join the discussion, mainly because my family and I recently moved to a larger house in Indiana and I now have a retro-gaming area where I can get most of my old consoles and games out of storage.

I grew up during the golden age of arcades, playing classics like Ms Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Q*Bert, my all-time favorite game. My first home console was the Atari 2600, which was given away a few years later. Eventually got an NES, and I have kept every system I've acquired since then. I enjoy about every genre except for sports games; action, adventure, beat-em-up, platformer, RPG, shmup, FPS, I have favorites in each category. My personal top-10 games is a mixture of genres and eras, from Q*Bert to arcade TMNT to Final Fantasy VI to Shadow of the Colossus to Bioshock Infinite. I still consider my best gaming accomplishment to be finishing NES Contra twice consecutively without dying; at the time, I never needed the 30-man code :D

Glad to be here, I just enjoy discussing classic games with people who know what I'm talking about :)

Anybody cool enough to have a Q*Bert avatar is welcome here.  Welcome to VGCollect!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1211 on: July 20, 2016, 08:14:45 pm »
Hey all

Anybody cool enough to have a Q*Bert avatar is welcome here.  Welcome to VGCollect!

Rarely have I ever been called "cool," especially not because of Q*Bert, so I appreciate the sentiment  :D

First time I played Q*Bert, I did what I bet most people did: promptly jumped off the pyramid :)
Ended up obsessed with it; had the board game, card game, Coleco tabletop game, storybook, and watched the Saturday Supercade segment all the time. It's the only classic arcade game I feel like I could be record-breakingly good at if I had the time and patience to practice for hours a day. However, that won't happen. I met George Leutz a couple of years ago, the world record holder, and he had also set the marathon arcade gaming record at the same time (40-something hours straight). There's no way in Hades I'm capable of that :p

I asked him how he has time for bathroom breaks, and apparently once you get a bunch of extra lives you can just leave the game for a break, as it takes 10-20 seconds for the bad guys to kill you each time you respawn.

« Reply #1212 on: August 01, 2016, 01:02:37 am »
Hi, I'm Mathijs

I am a Dutch guy who lives in Finland and I'm 39 years old. I grew up on the NES and Sega Genesis.
Nowadays I collect PS3 games.

My other hobbies are old school hip-hop (I can't stand the current hip-hop scene) and I also like horrorcore (hip-hop with a horror twist)

The games I like are action shooters and I prefer third person games over first person games

The reason why I registered at VGcollect was that I was searching for a free application to organize my games online. I didn't find any downloadable software but I did find this site and I figured I could at least give it a try. There are a ton of games I could add to my wish list and with VGcollect I think memorizing these games might go easier.

On a side note, I'd love to see share buttons to share your collection with social media, and an option to make a gallery of all the titles that you added to the vgcollect-list

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:08:48 am by mathijs »

jupiter

« Reply #1213 on: August 02, 2016, 05:28:43 am »
Hiya, Jupiter here.

I joined a week or two ago when I stumbled upon this site while looking for collection management stuffs. I forgot to introduce myself at that time, what an ass!

26 years young, feeling 50 something. Time is the worst thing.

I've been gaming heavily since my grandparents bought me an snes at 4 or something. I had played nes before that but I suppose I was too young for it to truly click. We were not very well endowed monetarily, so I usually traded in all my games for newer ones. Typical story, now I'd like to get my hands back on my favorite games from youth.

I'm into rpg's of all varieties, whether story driven or more random, both japanese and western (my favorite are the lootfests, Diablo etc.) Also 2D fighting games - though I'm not very good at them, hack n' slash action, squad-based tactics, and over the top sports titles (like Blitz). As a new collector I don't have much, but I'm aiming to establish a decent starting ps1/ps2/original xbox/gamecube collection in the coming months. Looking forward to picking up titles like Def Jam, KOTOR, Bushido Blade 2, Jade Empire, Wind Waker, etc etc. Lordy, I'm drooling!

I'm also a huge metalhead, audiophile, and newb musician. I'll listen to pretty much anything heavy, cranked to the edge of distortion but never sacrificing quality, it tends to piss off people around me....Really sucks living in a place with paperthin walls when I've got vintage pioneers just begging to blow the place down. Some day, my darlings, some day....

Last but not least, I'm a part-time anime fan. Part-time? Well, I only truly enjoy testosterone fueled badass shounen battles. While these get my blood pumping, I'm not so vain as to go without noticing that they generally lack the substance of some of the other anime genres, though there are exceptions.

Well...this has gone on way too long. My apologies.

kashell

« Reply #1214 on: August 02, 2016, 08:41:54 am »
Welcome to both mathijs and jupiter!