Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252607 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1215 on: August 13, 2016, 05:40:10 pm »
Hello and well met!
I am Edomaden. I've been a collector since college, but a gamer since I was knee high. I have games for every system from Intellivision up to PS4, but the bulk of my collection is from NES to Playstation generations.
I'm a rather OCD collector and try to get as close to everything complete in box as I can. If I'm missing something like the registration card, I typically don't sweat it, but everything else has to be in box for it to feel truly complete to me.
To that end, I've had a difficult time negotiating NES CIB and have for several months, been putting together a spreadsheet of everything that has come packaged in those boxes. It's been a very exhaustive experience, luckily the work done by 'the_wizard_666' on gamefaqs has gone a long way to completing this journey. In one of my multiple internet searches I came across this site and immediately fell in love with it. Since joining I've been added my spreadsheet of packaged items to Nintendo games. 
So if you're browsing NES and find 'Came Packaged With' under Description, that's me. I'm very thankful for the admins approving my edits to that so far. It's at the least a note to collectors on what to expect with a complete packaged game.  I've also been filling out other missing fields as I make my way through my collection.  I'm enjoying contributing to the site so I'm in no rush to finish my collection....it is over 1000 games now....
I also have a Youtube page of video game endings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB17Y5f_Ab4Hv7ebNdI3Ayw?
I am also looking to perhaps one day publish a book about game collecting- the experience, gaming history, and the notes from my bloody complete in box spreadsheet.

So if anyone wants to chat games, I'm a great source of pointless trivia, history and knowledge. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:24:10 pm by edomaden »

rayne315

« Reply #1216 on: September 06, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »
Welcome edomaden!! hope you find your stay with us to be a very enjoyable one!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #1217 on: October 25, 2016, 12:51:56 am »
Hey folks!

Just found this site after thinking I should begin keeping track of the games I'm now collecting and having those as well as a wishlist in one site seemed to be a solid idea so here I am.

My collection is still pretty small at this point as I'm one waiting to be able to move before I really start dedicating both money and more importantly space to the collection, but I have been getting games here and there when the opportunity arises. I actually just attended the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and bolstered my ps1 game collection quite a bit, also picked up an N64, something I missed out on during my childhood, so I'm extremely excited to get some of the titles I loved on that but never actually owned.

The systems I'm most interested in collecting for at this moment are PS1 through PS3, the Wii U, 3DS and DS, Big Box PC games, as well as Original Xbox and probably 360 at some point soonish as well. Really any of the modern consoles. I've an interest in older consoles like Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, SNES, and possibly the NES, but again it comes down to space and even with the consoles I have I lack the room to properly store them or have them all connected to a tv for use.

Hope to meet and get to know people on this forum though!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:58:03 am by hawk767 »

kashell

« Reply #1218 on: October 25, 2016, 08:30:28 am »
Welcome to the fun, hawk!

Agozer

« Reply #1219 on: November 22, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »
Hi, I'm Agozer. Been here for a good while now, adding my own stuff to the database. Finally found a video game collection site that wants accurate data.

Flashback2012

« Reply #1220 on: November 22, 2016, 01:11:21 pm »
Hi, I'm Agozer. Been here for a good while now, adding my own stuff to the database. Finally found a video game collection site that wants accurate data.

Accurate to a fault sometimes but otherwise harmless.  ;)

At any rate, welcome!  ;D

« Reply #1221 on: November 25, 2016, 11:30:14 am »
Hi everyone! I was recommended this site to track the upkeep of my collection but I'm now coming around the forum portion of the site.Some of my favorite games are from Nintendo,square Enix,capcom, and sega with zelda being my all time favorite video game series from nintendo. I only started taking game collecting a little more seriously a couple years ago and even though I have plenty of consoles my library of games is a little on the small side.

I share most of my collection with my brother so here are the consoles we try to collect for.
NES
SNES
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
Gameboy Color
3DS
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast
Original Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox one
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
PS Vita

I also collect Big box pc games but I'm more for collecting for consoles and as for the sega saturn I only plan to have a few titles for obvious reasons.But other than those two,my main focuses are some of the newer consoles and mostly the N64,Dreamcast,Gamecube,and playstation 2.

If you wanna know anymore,feel free to chat with me!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1222 on: December 14, 2016, 10:55:15 am »
Hi everyone! I was recommended this site to track the upkeep of my collection but I'm now coming around the forum portion of the site.Some of my favorite games are from Nintendo,square Enix,capcom, and sega with zelda being my all time favorite video game series from nintendo. I only started taking game collecting a little more seriously a couple years ago and even though I have plenty of consoles my library of games is a little on the small side.

I share most of my collection with my brother so here are the consoles we try to collect for.
NES
SNES
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
Gameboy Color
3DS
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast
Original Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox one
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
PS Vita

I also collect Big box pc games but I'm more for collecting for consoles and as for the sega saturn I only plan to have a few titles for obvious reasons.But other than those two,my main focuses are some of the newer consoles and mostly the N64,Dreamcast,Gamecube,and playstation 2.

If you wanna know anymore,feel free to chat with me!
Welcome to the Vgcollect family
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1223 on: December 14, 2016, 11:03:18 am »
Welcome to this corner of interwebs.  Enjoy your stay. 

Just as a friendly word of wisdom, Beware the Soera

« Reply #1224 on: December 29, 2016, 06:09:05 pm »
Hi, just joined a few days ago to start tracking my collection. Thought I'd drop into the forum and say hi. I used to play games all the time, but since having 3 kids, I mostly just collect now. Cheers.

« Reply #1225 on: January 09, 2017, 01:12:33 pm »
Hi, just officially joined today, but I have been browsing the forums for the past few months. I have been collecting for quite some time. I currently have a little over 1,500 games ranging from Atari 2600-XBOX One, as well as some other systems like the Odyssey 4000 and Commodore +4. I currently track everything in an excel file, but will be uploaded that data on vgcollect soon.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1226 on: January 09, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »
Hi, just officially joined today, but I have been browsing the forums for the past few months. I have been collecting for quite some time. I currently have a little over 1,500 games ranging from Atari 2600-XBOX One, as well as some other systems like the Odyssey 4000 and Commodore +4. I currently track everything in an excel file, but will be uploaded that data on vgcollect soon.

Good to have you here.  It's always nice to see fresh faces. Enjoy your stay and jump right in the discussion.

« Reply #1227 on: February 04, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »
Hey y'all =) I'm Chris, 17 from France. I'm obviously a video game collector, I also collect toys/dolls =) I've never really "started" collecting since I always loved video games! Usually the way I collect is if I think a game might be interesting i'll try to get it! I like to have a lot of different genre of games too =)
I have around 300 games rn, and about 12 systems. I don't really have a favorite system to collect for, I think every systems has their great and unique games, I do however usually prefer games after the 3rd generation of consoles. I'm also a big fighting game fan! =D
A bit more about me, i'm currently home schooled (I used to be in a catholic school were people didn't really like the fact that i'm gay so i just left), I want to become a special fx make up artist for film or whatever, I'd love to work in the video game industry tho! (shit at math tho lol).  I also love music and drawing =)
Idk what else to say lol

Hopefully i'll get to know some people here, feel free to message me  :)

telly

« Reply #1228 on: February 04, 2017, 09:00:40 pm »
Hey Chris! Nice to meet you :) Welcome to the forums!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #1229 on: February 04, 2017, 09:51:21 pm »
Thank you   :D :D !