Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252624 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1230 on: February 05, 2017, 02:35:48 pm »
Hey y'all =) I'm Chris, 17 from France. I'm obviously a video game collector, I also collect toys/dolls =) I've never really "started" collecting since I always loved video games! Usually the way I collect is if I think a game might be interesting i'll try to get it! I like to have a lot of different genre of games too =)
I have around 300 games rn, and about 12 systems. I don't really have a favorite system to collect for, I think every systems has their great and unique games, I do however usually prefer games after the 3rd generation of consoles. I'm also a big fighting game fan! =D
A bit more about me, i'm currently home schooled (I used to be in a catholic school were people didn't really like the fact that i'm gay so i just left), I want to become a special fx make up artist for film or whatever, I'd love to work in the video game industry tho! (shit at math tho lol).  I also love music and drawing =)
Idk what else to say lol

Hopefully i'll get to know some people here, feel free to message me  :)

Yeah a new frenchie join the VGC community 8) ! Welcome Chrismb, i hope you will like it here ;)

« Reply #1231 on: February 05, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »
Haha thank you   :D :D ! I'm sure I will :D

crystaldan

« Reply #1232 on: February 20, 2017, 05:41:34 pm »
I'm Crystal, half of the CrystalDan name. 30s couple enjoying gaming on all aspects. We have a small small collection due to space right now but we plan on slowing expanding over the years.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1233 on: February 21, 2017, 09:31:58 am »
I'm Crystal, half of the CrystalDan name. 30s couple enjoying gaming on all aspects. We have a small small collection due to space right now but we plan on slowing expanding over the years.

Cool to have couple join us here.  Hope y'all enjoy your stay.  Jump right in and enjoy the community.

« Reply #1234 on: March 16, 2017, 05:51:02 pm »
Hey everyone. Don't know any of you yet, but isn't that the point of an introductions thread?

Anyway, I'm epicninjask123 (or on some other sites I'll shorten this to eninjask123) and I've been meaning for some time to electronically compile my game library. A friend recommended I use an online database, and lo and behold I've got an account here. Though I'll tell my friends I'm a collector, I wouldn't say I have anything particularly brag-worthy, but I don't personally know many people with as much physical games as me so I've got that on them.

Right now I'm a college sophomore in computer science, which takes about as much time as most expect, so I've got quite a backlog stocked up. And since food, school, and games cost money, I'm trying not to buy too much games right now, let alone recent releases (though I really want Nier Automata and Horizon: Zero Dawn... and many others). That said, I'm hoping I could get involved with the community more. Welcome me, and nice to meet whoever responds! :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1235 on: March 17, 2017, 08:59:59 am »
Hey everyone. Don't know any of you yet, but isn't that the point of an introductions thread?

Anyway, I'm epicninjask123 (or on some other sites I'll shorten this to eninjask123) and I've been meaning for some time to electronically compile my game library. A friend recommended I use an online database, and lo and behold I've got an account here. Though I'll tell my friends I'm a collector, I wouldn't say I have anything particularly brag-worthy, but I don't personally know many people with as much physical games as me so I've got that on them.

Right now I'm a college sophomore in computer science, which takes about as much time as most expect, so I've got quite a backlog stocked up. And since food, school, and games cost money, I'm trying not to buy too much games right now, let alone recent releases (though I really want Nier Automata and Horizon: Zero Dawn... and many others). That said, I'm hoping I could get involved with the community more. Welcome me, and nice to meet whoever responds! :)

I'll be the first to say, Welcome.  Kick off your shoes and hang out a while.  This is a really chill place on the internet where folk really don't bicker and fight too much.  If you have a giant collection, cool.  If you have a tiny collection, groovy.  What makes is cool is that it's yours.  Collect anyway you want.  Enjoy every game or compile masses of carts for every system.  It's your hobby.  Just do you. 

Again, good to have you here.  Jump right in and join they conversations.  They get a little weird sometimes, but it's a real good group of folks.

zephyria

« Reply #1236 on: April 02, 2017, 04:21:27 am »
Hi!  I've been making use of the site to catalog the combined video game collection with my boyfriend.  I'm a somewhat lapsed gamer for new stuff, but lately I've been rediscovering my love for retro games, both playing and collecting!

I grew up with the NES and Game Boy but because I was a poor kid I was left out of the 16-bit era for a long time.  SNES, and to some extent Genesis, are the focus of my collecting right now because there are so many gems that I didn't get to experience.  Ultimately though I'm just grabbing up anything I don't have!  ;D

I'm 30 years old and work as a telecommunications technician in the US.  See you guys around.

desocietas

« Reply #1237 on: April 02, 2017, 03:18:49 pm »
Hi!  I've been making use of the site to catalog the combined video game collection with my boyfriend.  I'm a somewhat lapsed gamer for new stuff, but lately I've been rediscovering my love for retro games, both playing and collecting!

I grew up with the NES and Game Boy but because I was a poor kid I was left out of the 16-bit era for a long time.  SNES, and to some extent Genesis, are the focus of my collecting right now because there are so many gems that I didn't get to experience.  Ultimately though I'm just grabbing up anything I don't have!  ;D

I'm 30 years old and work as a telecommunications technician in the US.  See you guys around.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

zephyria

« Reply #1238 on: April 03, 2017, 02:19:18 am »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site :)

Thanks!  Seems to be a pretty chill place, so I'm enjoying myself so far.

« Reply #1239 on: April 04, 2017, 10:49:54 am »
I just sign up yesterday. I own over 155 original xbox games and I am showing no sign of slowing down. I know it's not as cool as the NES/SNES but I think it will be the next big retro thing.  I also have have a lot of Xbox One, PS4 and PC games. Mostly digital.

desocietas

« Reply #1240 on: April 04, 2017, 11:20:23 am »
I just sign up yesterday. I own over 155 original xbox games and I am showing no sign of slowing down. I know it's not as cool as the NES/SNES but I think it will be the next big retro thing.  I also have have a lot of Xbox One, PS4 and PC games. Mostly digital.

Welcome! I'm the same way - didn't feel as cool as others since I don't own much before Game Boy Advance, and even then, it's few. Most of my titles when I started were DS and PS2 games. Still the case now, but hopefully some of the coolness has rubbed off on me!  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #1241 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:34 am »
I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Dustin, an educator from Texas. I'm 33 and started "collecting" about a year ago. I typically only buy what I would play, though I do buy every LRG release I can... (I'll get you, Breach and Clear!) I'm currently buying NES, SNES, Wii, Wii U, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, PS1, PS3, PS4, PSP, and Vita. I do plan to move into N64, Game Cube, and PS2 in the future. Lastly, I'm pretty active on Instagram: "guiltyofbeing."

« Reply #1242 on: April 28, 2017, 10:50:11 am »
Hi collectors of all that is gaming !

My name is Chrombart and i am from germany.
I am bold, bearded and DANGEROUS...ok, maybe not dangerous but very grumpy if i dont get my morning coffee  ;D
I like everything gaming related, collect for new and retro systems and do the occasionally cosplay.

Hope that the site makes cataloging my gaming library a bit easier and more pleasant for the eye. I also like to share my
waste knowledge of videogames and had already added some games into the database.

Wish you all a good day and happy game hunting 8)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1243 on: April 28, 2017, 10:52:33 am »
Hi collectors of all that is gaming !

My name is Chrombart and i am from germany.
I am bold, bearded and DANGEROUS...ok, maybe not dangerous but very grumpy if i dont get my morning coffee  ;D
I like everything gaming related, collect for new and retro systems and do the occasionally cosplay.

Hope that the site makes cataloging my gaming library a bit easier and more pleasant for the eye. I also like to share my
waste knowledge of videogames and had already added some games into the database.

Wish you all a good day and happy game hunting 8)

VGC is worldwide!  Internationally know and know to rock a microphone.

Welcome to the site.  This is a good bunch of people.  Jump right in and enjoy the community.

« Reply #1244 on: April 29, 2017, 03:51:37 pm »
Hello again everyone! I figured I'd stop in here and reintroduce myself since its been a while. My name is Justin and I was fairly active here several years ago but kinda took a small break from collecting. I'm back now and its time to reorganize my collection. I'll be adding stuff over the next few months since a have way to much to do in one sitting. looking forward to getting back into the scene and see how things have changed. I'v really been into playing NES and PS1 lately but I find myself picking my PSP back up a little more often now. Besides gaming I'm into Music (Ska/Punk/and 90's alternative) and yoyos.