Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252146 times)

desocietas

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2012, 03:39:38 pm »
welcome exonerator!  hope you don't mind hangin' with us ol' fogeys ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2012, 04:58:51 pm »
good dey exonerator

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2012, 06:52:20 pm »
*Exoneration* for the *Exonerator*
 :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »
Hello, I figured now is better than any to introduce myself. My name is James. I've been gaming since I was a kid with my Super Nintendo. I've been collecting games a for awhile, but I have gotten more into it in the past 4-5 years. I recently graduated college and now for a PC/MAC gaming headset company. Hopefully I can be of assistance to VG Collect.

desocietas

« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:55 pm »
Welcome, James!  Glad to have more folks join the site and be involved with the forums.

How are the headsets at your company?  Wired/wireless?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2012, 06:36:24 pm »
Hello, I figured now is better than any to introduce myself. My name is James. I've been gaming since I was a kid with my Super Nintendo. I've been collecting games a for awhile, but I have gotten more into it in the past 4-5 years. I recently graduated college and now for a PC/MAC gaming headset company. Hopefully I can be of assistance to VG Collect.

Welcome to the site, James!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

atariboy

« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:20 pm »
Welcome Exonerator and James, make yourself at home and I look forward to hearing from you guys here on the Forums.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2012, 08:11:01 pm »
Welcome, James!  Glad to have more folks join the site and be involved with the forums.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. As for the company I work for it is Andrea Electronics. We make predominantly wired headsets but also one Bluetooth earpiece. The latest release we have is our gaming/music line known as the SuperBeam series. We've taken our patents collected over the years working with the military and finally applied it to a headset. We've completely eliminated the need for a boom microphone, and we've applied our filters to eliminate background audio and solely focus on your voice. Pretty cool technology and I was brought on board to help the headset enter the gaming market. It has been pretty tough so far, but I feel like we are making positive steps forward slowly.

But back to the site. I've worked on the Intellivision section of the site and that should be just about done. Next I think I'll try to do the Atari 2600, but I'm not quite sure.

matt

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2012, 10:08:48 pm »
Welcome to the site Jay!

Not to thread-jack but just wanted to let everyone know that Jay has set us up with a coupon code if you are interested. The details are here:

http://www.superbeam3d.com/no_crawl/landing/vgcollect.html

desocietas

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:41 pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. As for the company I work for it is Andrea Electronics. We make predominantly wired headsets but also one Bluetooth earpiece. The latest release we have is our gaming/music line known as the SuperBeam series. We've taken our patents collected over the years working with the military and finally applied it to a headset. We've completely eliminated the need for a boom microphone, and we've applied our filters to eliminate background audio and solely focus on your voice. Pretty cool technology and I was brought on board to help the headset enter the gaming market. It has been pretty tough so far, but I feel like we are making positive steps forward slowly.

But back to the site. I've worked on the Intellivision section of the site and that should be just about done. Next I think I'll try to do the Atari 2600, but I'm not quite sure.

Sweet; I just have one headset right now, but I'm kinda picky about them because most of them give me headaches (how they sit on my head, etc.).

Interesting how you started with SNES and have collections of items before that generation.  I don't really collect anything older than my Gamecube - guess I'm just not interested in the older stuff.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2012, 12:26:25 am »
Thanks for the shoutout Matt!

As for my collecting habits, I collect any and all systems. I even collect foreign games. My prized possession, maybe, is a sealed Dendy system. Sadly, the smallest collection I have of the major systems is my SNES collection. I think I only have about 20 games for it.

jcalder8

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2012, 12:39:24 am »
Welcome to the site jaydepps!

I have found that SNES games are some of the hardest to find at good prices, I'm not sure why that is. Give it time and it will grow!

« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2012, 01:23:50 am »
Yea that's what I have seen as well. I find them often, but they usually want the moon for them. I do like collecting, but I tend to collect on a very limited budget.

shingouryu

« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2012, 12:08:16 pm »
Hello Everyone!  My name is Justin, and I live in central Illinois.  I started collecting semi seriously a couple years ago while in College, and with the advent of a full time job and a new local store specializing in used electronics, my collection has really started to take off.  Said store also has some really affable employees (though some of them are certainly duds) and, as I've built up a rapport with them, will call me when they receive games they think I might be interested in, or a large amount of CIB stuff.  Got an awesome looking Panzer Dragoon Saga yesterday that way.  Last count I had 660 (I haven't finished adding all of them on the site yet) not including guides.

« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2012, 11:31:45 am »
Oops, totally forgot to post in this topic and introduce myself :S

In any case I'm a thirty year old housewife and mother from the UK who loves playing pretty much anything on any system but has a soft spot for Sega and Chinese RPGs :)