Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246803 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1305 on: January 01, 2019, 03:09:46 pm »
Hello,

I've been lurking here for a little bit, using the site to track my collection. I figured maybe I'd try getting involved on the forum and see if I can learn a thing or two.

I'm pretty new to collecting, only deciding to expand my collection after realizing that my childhood collection of SNES games had a few rarities in it. I suppose I could have sold them off to make a few bucks, but there was too much nostalgia there to give up on them. Most of my stuff is pretty old as I picked up a Switch over the holidays, but before that, my last console was a SNES that I got in 1992. Because of the nostalgia for that system, SNES is what I'm primarily collecting for. I'm a long ways off, but my end goal is to have a complete North American collection of SNES titles. There's a lot of them, and some of them are terribly expensive, so I don't expect it'll be a quick collection, but I like to have a goal in mind.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1306 on: January 04, 2019, 10:05:17 pm »
Hello,

I've been lurking here for a little bit, using the site to track my collection. I figured maybe I'd try getting involved on the forum and see if I can learn a thing or two.

I'm pretty new to collecting, only deciding to expand my collection after realizing that my childhood collection of SNES games had a few rarities in it. I suppose I could have sold them off to make a few bucks, but there was too much nostalgia there to give up on them. Most of my stuff is pretty old as I picked up a Switch over the holidays, but before that, my last console was a SNES that I got in 1992. Because of the nostalgia for that system, SNES is what I'm primarily collecting for. I'm a long ways off, but my end goal is to have a complete North American collection of SNES titles. There's a lot of them, and some of them are terribly expensive, so I don't expect it'll be a quick collection, but I like to have a goal in mind.
hello and welcome to vgcollect happy hunting while building your collection

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1307 on: January 04, 2019, 10:10:44 pm »
Hi, I'm bunnybear. Early 40s, married. Child. Been playing games on and off since I was probably six. Started with Apple IIe and then DOS games, but once I got a taste of console gaming, I never went back.

Although I remember playing on my friends' Atari 2600s, my oldest console is an NES. I had a small collection throughout the ages until more recently, when I got back into it and decided to go after all the stuff I missed. I still have a lot of NES, SNES, and DS titles to hunt down.

I just want a site to talk games and chill. I like the database, hoping I'll enjoy the forums as well.
welcome I've found everyone here to be very helpful and friendly hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1308 on: January 04, 2019, 10:12:29 pm »
Hello!

I am finally recovered from a broken wrist that stopped me gaming for 10 months (!) and want to start a small collection.

Based on it's exclusives, I just bought myself a PS4 Pro + PSVR and a handful of cheap games. It cost a bit, but I felt like I'd earned it this year!

I'll be adding games slowly as I finish them
welcome to  vgcollect
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:16:56 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #1309 on: January 12, 2019, 02:29:20 am »
Hey there, I stumbled upon this fine site through another forum and I hope to get to know a few fellow collectors with whom to talk retro games and trade a few duplicates :).
As for myself, I am coming from Germany and currently 37 years old, started gaming with my dad in 1984 with the VCS 2600 (sweet memories of Space Invaders  ;) ), and then went on to the C64, NES and SNES. I focus on collecting NES- and Famicom-games, but I also pick up Genesis/Mega Drive, SNES, Gameboy and Game Gear-games on my trips to flea markets and the like.

Besides that I collect Transformers, like to scribble caricatures, doing various art projects, listening to music (mainly Punkrock, Hardcore, Psychobilly, Rock N Roll, Singer/Songwriter-stuff) and playing music myself (bass guitar). So well, hope it‘ll be a fun time on here.

kashell

« Reply #1310 on: January 12, 2019, 11:07:31 am »
Welcome to the site!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1311 on: January 12, 2019, 12:06:37 pm »
Hello and welcome.

azotam

« Reply #1312 on: January 12, 2019, 12:14:37 pm »
Hello.
Still updating collection.

« Reply #1313 on: February 22, 2019, 11:19:33 pm »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to VGCollect.  Decided on making a digital inventory of my game collection so I can keep track of what I own and don't own as I'm starting to expand my collection.  Feel free to check out what I own.  I got quite an interesting collection.  Looking forward to getting more games! :)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1314 on: February 23, 2019, 12:03:08 am »
Welcome aboard Retro!  :D

mark1982

« Reply #1315 on: February 23, 2019, 07:03:52 am »
Hello and Welcome to VGCollect, nice collection of Sonic games you have there.  ;D
  l    l 

oxymoronclaws

« Reply #1316 on: February 23, 2019, 07:53:43 am »
Welcome aboard, Austin! I'm also semi-new to the forum, so always good to see a fellow budding collector! I'll give you a follow - you already have some great titles in your collection, so looking forward to seeing it expand  :)

telly

« Reply #1317 on: February 23, 2019, 08:51:41 am »
Hey! Welcome to the forums! :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #1318 on: February 23, 2019, 08:57:37 am »
Welcome to the fun!

wartoy