Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246778 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2012, 02:02:53 pm »
*WELCOME* to the site Kimimi and shingouryu!!!

Nice seeing you here, too...Kimimi!!!
 ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2012, 04:39:36 pm »
Hello, I am puracz, recently I overrunned the Support section.  :)

I am living in the Czech Republic and I do have a huge collection of Steam games. Lately I've played way too much of the online ones such as DOD:S, CS:S and CS:GO, so my other "buddies" were alone for a bit.

I also have a few PS1, Gameboy Advance, PSP and PS3 games laying here and there but I'll probably get rid of my PSP collection soon.

Currently I moved back into PS2 completely and I am re-building it's games collection. It's actually much cheaper than the PS3 or PC ones and finding the unique titles makes me feel really warm inside.

Nothing can beat the tangible collections even though they fill up so much space! I'll be getting the new library especially for games soon.

foxhack

« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2012, 04:54:02 pm »
Welcome all.

puracz, feel free to send me your Steam username in a private message. I'll go through your list and add them for you.

jcalder8

« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2012, 06:22:38 pm »
Wow, lots of new faces. Welcome to the site everyone!

I can't wait to see some of the new Euro games that get added!

« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »
Thanks a lot for the welcome, guys! Fox I would add you but recently I sold my gaming computer so the current machine I use is one pretty old capable of just internet browsing. I'll definately add you when I get back a bit to the PC gaming again but currently my whole budget is going into PS2 involved things so it would take some time.

This makes me thinking that the PC collection has to wait unsubmitted for a while due to not being able to access my online library, but I am sure that you'll see hundreds more of games from me soon. When I gather the free time I'll be editing the ones from my collection and I'll also add the missing NA ones and platinum versions.

foxhack

« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2012, 02:18:20 pm »
Thanks a lot for the welcome, guys! Fox I would add you but recently I sold my gaming computer so the current machine I use is one pretty old capable of just internet browsing. I'll definately add you when I get back a bit to the PC gaming again but currently my whole budget is going into PS2 involved things so it would take some time.

This makes me thinking that the PC collection has to wait unsubmitted for a while due to not being able to access my online library, but I am sure that you'll see hundreds more of games from me soon. When I gather the free time I'll be editing the ones from my collection and I'll also add the missing NA ones and platinum versions.
Send me your custom Steam URL. If your profile is public, then I can see what games you own, and I can add them. I tried searching for you but I couldn't find you. :P

« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2012, 11:21:03 am »
I had to deal with people trying to scam my account or being annoying by asking for free stuff so sadly (for the current need) my profile is private. Also the profiles are quite inaccurate to the actual libraries because they don't detect most of DLCs and pre-orders. I also own many rare games which were removed from the Steam Store and US only available games gifted to me from some kind US folks.

Anyway asking you to add such a huge list just because of me would be so selfish and you would lose a lot of time doing so. At the moment I am still fully on my PS2, so I will add the things once I gain some time to get back into PC gaming a bit. I do really appreciate your effort to help though, it means a lot to me. 

foxhack

« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2012, 05:32:46 pm »
I had to deal with people trying to scam my account or being annoying by asking for free stuff so sadly (for the current need) my profile is private. Also the profiles are quite inaccurate to the actual libraries because they don't detect most of DLCs and pre-orders. I also own many rare games which were removed from the Steam Store and US only available games gifted to me from some kind US folks.

Anyway asking you to add such a huge list just because of me would be so selfish and you would lose a lot of time doing so. At the moment I am still fully on my PS2, so I will add the things once I gain some time to get back into PC gaming a bit. I do really appreciate your effort to help though, it means a lot to me.
I'm in the US region, almost no games are region locked for me (except for stuff from Japan), and I've added a bunch of games that have been removed already.

And it's no problem, really. So okay. :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:35:06 pm by foxhack »

« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2012, 11:48:40 am »
Here in Europe it's quite hard to get some games due to not having access to the US and JP Steam Stores and the prices are a bit higher because of euro but luckily here in Czech we don't get that many restrictions or edited games such as in Germany where they are strict about everything. But being in AU would be even worse because there are much higher prices (the new games cost around 60 - 90 $ mostly) and also they are getting even more restrictions (no EU/US Steam Store exclusive titles) plus some edits but I am not sure if more or less than in Germany.

htimreimer

« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2012, 03:36:18 pm »
what i find interesting is the fact that the only czech exclusive electronic device i can find is the ZBA consul 2717 computer from 1989: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=1130&st=1 puracz have you ever seen one of these before

« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »
That's some new knowledge for me.

Likely we have just one exclusive device because until 1993 we were part of Czechoslovakia.

Though we do have some games like Samorost and Mafia series or Machinarium, but these are a bit later.

htimreimer

« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2012, 06:12:03 pm »
Likely we have just one exclusive device because until 1993 we were part of Czechoslovakia.
czechoslovakia on the other hand has 7 exclusive electronic devices and all of them are compuers from companies didaktik,tesla zba (zba is an abbreviation of the city zbrojovka brno) and thats all i can fined also puracz have you ever been to zbrojovka brno

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:20:27 pm by htimreimer »

midnightaaron

« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2012, 03:43:53 am »
Just found this site and I love it! So wicked how it has more than just games! I appreciate the hard work. 
Everything is worthless when compared with knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage. Phil. 3:8

desocietas

« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2012, 03:50:36 am »
Just found this site and I love it! So wicked how it has more than just games! I appreciate the hard work.

Welcome, midnightaaron!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2012, 08:47:48 am »

Welcome to the site!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"