Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246789 times)

doafan

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1410 on: January 04, 2021, 07:07:15 am »
Hello, i'm seb from belgium, i just stumbled on this forum by google since i see some familiar nicknames from the limited run board (rip) i decided to join the forum.

I'm meanly into collecting japanese region games/hardware chasing full sets, currently going for a complete ntsc-j xbox and xbox 360 set and a little gameboy, gamecube and saturn on the side.

Welcome to the forum, really hope that you can feel just like home.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1411 on: January 04, 2021, 01:54:54 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.....ok stupid question time.  How do I look at other people's collections and sell lists etc - I like to window shop :)

dhaabi

« Reply #1412 on: January 04, 2021, 02:11:56 pm »
How do I look at other people's collections and sell lists etc - I like to window shop :)

Welcome to VGC!

Each user's home screen directs them back to their own personal collection with unique url, with your collection being here. So, for instance, if you were wanting to visit my collection, simply replace your username with mine. However, some users have private collections which is controllable via account settings.

« Reply #1413 on: January 05, 2021, 04:35:14 am »
How do I look at other people's collections and sell lists etc - I like to window shop :)

Welcome to VGC!

Each user's home screen directs them back to their own personal collection with unique url, with your collection being here. So, for instance, if you were wanting to visit my collection, simply replace your username with mine. However, some users have private collections which is controllable via account settings.

Fantastic - thanks for the help/guidance!

« Reply #1414 on: January 28, 2021, 05:51:34 am »
Hello to you all!

I only signed up here a couple of weeks ago as I was looking for some place to keep track of my collection  :)

sodapop18x

« Reply #1415 on: February 04, 2021, 10:48:15 pm »
Howdy ya'll!! I'm Soda! I joined a few months ago, but figured I'd actually stop being a lurker and post something. The struggle of being antisocial, lol

Anyways, I'm 24, and have been collecting games since I was like 4 years old, starting with the PS1! Now that I'm an adult with actual income, I've gotten more serious about it, and I'm currently sitting at almost 1700 titles. It definitely helped that I worked at GameStop from 2014-2016, so my heaviest sets currently are Xbox 360 and Wii (don't judge, I secretly love the Wii's library :P). I also love collecting for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo 64, and PS1.

I'm absolutely loving my time on here so far! This site is like, the most accurate database for games that I have ever come across. I'm currently in the process of moving my inventory from Google Sheets to here, so it'll be a little bit before its totally up to date. The scan feature on Android has been SUPER helpful though, so I'm excited to scan all my non-cartridge stuff soon!

Looking forward to connecting with y'all and seeing everyone's collections! <3
✨ Streaming My Backlog On Twitch! ➡  Clicky-clicky
Now Playing: Phasmophobia (PC), Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Add me on Steam <3

telly

« Reply #1416 on: February 05, 2021, 07:47:12 am »
Welcome to the forums! :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sodapop18x

« Reply #1417 on: February 06, 2021, 01:19:30 am »
Welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you!! <3
✨ Streaming My Backlog On Twitch! ➡  Clicky-clicky
Now Playing: Phasmophobia (PC), Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Add me on Steam <3

« Reply #1418 on: February 11, 2021, 04:58:48 am »
Hello, all.

Born in 1991, earliest systems I had (or my family had) were the ol' grey brick Game Boy and a Sega Genesis/Sega CD combo. I'll never forget how I felt during my first playthroughs of Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid around the time both were released (it helped that I had older brothers who were way older than me). I read, and then re-read over, and over, and over my ever growing stack of EGM issues cover to cover, from the late 90's onwards 'till around 2008. Been stupidly obsessed with video games as far back as I can remember basically.

That being said, I have been out of the collecting game for several years, but I'm back baby. I've been enjoying this website for cataloging my shit, because unlike MobyGames, the database here is more comprehensive by having individual entries for specific region versions, different printings, special editions, etc.

Ok, that's enough!

« Reply #1419 on: March 12, 2021, 09:08:32 pm »
Hey all!

NeonPanda here, I've been looking for a swell group to talk collecting with and be a part of an awesome community and it looks like I've found one!

I'm at about 1200 games from everything from NES to PS5, I often sit in front of my collection and look at it for hours on end as entertainment. Other than that, I'm from the Boston area in Massachusetts, I work in hospital IT which is very volatile right now so video games have certainly kept me sane now more than ever.

Lastly the PS Vita is the best handheld of all time *Drops gloves in preparation for fights*

Go easy on me senpai's!

« Reply #1420 on: March 12, 2021, 10:29:24 pm »
Hey all!

NeonPanda here, I've been looking for a swell group to talk collecting with and be a part of an awesome community and it looks like I've found one!

I'm at about 1200 games from everything from NES to PS5, I often sit in front of my collection and look at it for hours on end as entertainment. Other than that, I'm from the Boston area in Massachusetts, I work in hospital IT which is very volatile right now so video games have certainly kept me sane now more than ever.

Lastly the PS Vita is the best handheld of all time *Drops gloves in preparation for fights*

Go easy on me senpai's!

Welcome but also *drops gloves* we about to throw hands

« Reply #1421 on: March 21, 2021, 09:19:58 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm Jeiyu. Been a gamer for pretty much my whole life. I have a decent collection going over a span of many consoles. RPGs I'd say make up the majority of my collection, or at least they're what have the most value lol.
As for my main focus on collecting, I'd definitely again say RPGs. Playstation and Ps2 have been what I've collected for most recently. Along with some DS and PSP games as well.
I'm slowly adding to the collection in here. I do have it fully cataloged for the most part on pricecharting. Hoping to maybe do some buying here at some point.
Otherwise I'm always up for a chat. Even if it's non rpg gaming, there's still plenty of titles I've played.
Happy to be a part of the group. Thank you all for having me. And happy gaming everyone!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1422 on: March 24, 2021, 08:52:15 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm Jeiyu. Been a gamer for pretty much my whole life. I have a decent collection going over a span of many consoles. RPGs I'd say make up the majority of my collection, or at least they're what have the most value lol.
As for my main focus on collecting, I'd definitely again say RPGs. Playstation and Ps2 have been what I've collected for most recently. Along with some DS and PSP games as well.
I'm slowly adding to the collection in here. I do have it fully cataloged for the most part on pricecharting. Hoping to maybe do some buying here at some point.
Otherwise I'm always up for a chat. Even if it's non rpg gaming, there's still plenty of titles I've played.
Happy to be a part of the group. Thank you all for having me. And happy gaming everyone!
Hello, welcome and happy gaming to you also.

« Reply #1423 on: June 17, 2021, 08:53:57 am »
Hello guys im new to the website and hope to meet like minded people that love collector editions of games looks like great site and a nice Community

i collect all collector editions i dont mind witch platform it is feel free to share your collection with me i love talking about it also sorry for my bad english typining im more of a speaker

thank you :)

tripredacus

« Reply #1424 on: June 17, 2021, 09:32:44 am »
Make sure to read the Style Guide before adding items. From the few you have added already, some notes:

1. If you add a game into an EU category with the US box art, the entry you made will be merged with the US entry or moved into the [NA] category.

2. Do not put images that have watermarks onto the entry at all. Those images will be removed.