Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 250119 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1440 on: October 09, 2021, 08:43:21 pm »
Hi here, mostly a kind of "oddware" collector and a huge fan of NEC and all they did in the late 80s to the late 90s.

Been mostly involved in preservation forums, but thought this site could be interesting to trade and add items that have never been listed in the site DB.
Once I am more active, following the rules established by mods, will be hanging around the Marketplace, as I think collectors in the end are also looking to keep expanding new horizons, and their collections, of course, haha.

Anyway, glad to start around here and lets hope for the best.

-rockleevk

dhaabi

« Reply #1441 on: October 09, 2021, 09:51:18 pm »
Hi here, mostly a kind of "oddware" collector and a huge fan of NEC and all they did in the late 80s to the late 90s.

Been mostly involved in preservation forums, but thought this site could be interesting to trade and add items that have never been listed in the site DB.
Once I am more active, following the rules established by mods, will be hanging around the Marketplace, as I think collectors in the end are also looking to keep expanding new horizons, and their collections, of course, haha.

-rockleevk

Welcome! Glad to see new members who are drawn to more obscure subsets with an interest in contributing to the database. In case you missed it, here are our community's two style guides.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1442 on: October 13, 2021, 06:45:33 am »

-rockleevk

Welcome to VGcollect! :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #1443 on: October 13, 2021, 07:09:06 pm »
Welcome! Glad to see new members who are drawn to more obscure subsets with an interest in contributing to the database. In case you missed it, here are our community's two style guides.

Thanks both for the warm welcome!
Will take those guides in mind in any case, thanks for that too.
-rockleevk

« Reply #1444 on: July 26, 2022, 01:25:30 pm »
  Hi , my names SUPERECWFAN1 ....(big time wrestling fan of a certain company in 1990s)

I really love this site and more. Its nice to see it and forums. I'm a big Playstation 3 fan (I am adding games to my personal collection deal as i go today. Gonna take a long while LOL) . Anyhow the PS3 really got me back into playing games and the games like Batman : Arkham City is a big reason I play video games today.

Its one of my favorite things to do on off days. Right now I'm rocking through Tales of Arise on PS5. I'm a big RPG fan and have played a great number. My favorites with that is Arise , Trails of Cold Steel , Final Fantasy's at times , Persona series.

« Reply #1445 on: July 26, 2022, 09:01:05 pm »
  Hi , my names SUPERECWFAN1 ....(big time wrestling fan of a certain company in 1990s)

I really love this site and more. Its nice to see it and forums. I'm a big Playstation 3 fan (I am adding games to my personal collection deal as i go today. Gonna take a long while LOL) . Anyhow the PS3 really got me back into playing games and the games like Batman : Arkham City is a big reason I play video games today.

Its one of my favorite things to do on off days. Right now I'm rocking through Tales of Arise on PS5. I'm a big RPG fan and have played a great number. My favorites with that is Arise , Trails of Cold Steel , Final Fantasy's at times , Persona series.

Welcome, Love me some PS3!!

« Reply #1446 on: July 26, 2022, 10:10:06 pm »

Its one I'm currently collecting for. Trying to hunt down the "big ones" now like the Spider-Man PS3 games and 3D Dot Game Heroes. I started for it back in 2015 and for awhile it was easy to find games for it really cheap at flea markets etc. Now its gotten a lot harder due to the PS3 store nearly being shut down last year. lol

« Reply #1447 on: July 26, 2022, 10:40:28 pm »

Its one I'm currently collecting for. Trying to hunt down the "big ones" now like the Spider-Man PS3 games and 3D Dot Game Heroes. I started for it back in 2015 and for awhile it was easy to find games for it really cheap at flea markets etc. Now its gotten a lot harder due to the PS3 store nearly being shut down last year. lol

I remember seeing at least 6 copies of 3D Dot Heroes at my local Best Buy when they used to sell used games. They were like 5-8 bucks and never sold. Kinda kicking myself. I took for granted how easy it was to find PS3/360 games before Covid. Prices shot up when people had free time and wanted to relive memories. Luckily, I had *most* of what I wanted before that...but a few mistakes were made!

« Reply #1448 on: July 26, 2022, 11:00:37 pm »

I remember seeing at least 6 copies of 3D Dot Heroes at my local Best Buy when they used to sell used games. They were like 5-8 bucks and never sold. Kinda kicking myself. I took for granted how easy it was to find PS3/360 games before Covid. Prices shot up when people had free time and wanted to relive memories. Luckily, I had *most* of what I wanted before that...but a few mistakes were made!

Same here , at GameStop back then I'd see it and Splatterhouse on shelves not selling at all from 2014-2017. I kick myself on not getting them both then. I did get lucky and make a nice trade at a local thrift shop to get Splatterhouse for system. But the fact I'd see those games like 3D Dot Game Heroes and Spider-Man games and not get them then....kick myself on that.

« Reply #1449 on: July 28, 2022, 03:04:58 am »
Ive been here for a little while but didn't know there was an intro thread.

First I must say I love it. The site (and the app) is a great way to track the collection. I pretty much only collect CIB Japanese games, mostly SFC, PSX-PS3 and some Xbox.

One thing Id like to ask. I have quite a few JP Xbox 360 games that aren't in the database but I don't have access to a scanner. Is it ok to create new items without adding pictures or is it generally frowned upon?

dhaabi

« Reply #1450 on: July 28, 2022, 09:37:00 am »
One thing Id like to ask. I have quite a few JP Xbox 360 games that aren't in the database but I don't have access to a scanner. Is it ok to create new items without adding pictures or is it generally frowned upon?

While there are no rules that say submitting images is required, we certainly encourage it if a user is able to provide that information.

With that said, even users without a scanner have the means to submit quality images. GameFAQs and MobyGames are generally good sources to lift images from (especially the latter), but there is nothing wrong with finding photos online to crop and rotate for our needs.

If you're wanting to submit Japanese entries with artwork, I would recommend visiting these sites which are collected in the International Classified Sites Research Archive thread:

Japan
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/
https://geo-online.co.jp
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/
https://www.mercari.com/jp/
https://www.rakuten.co.jp
https://www.suruga-ya.jp
https://tsutaya.tsite.jp
https://kakaku.com
https://www.mbok.jp/

tripredacus

« Reply #1451 on: July 28, 2022, 09:58:17 am »
If you have to make an entry without pictures but have the item in hand, at least put in the barcode and item numbers into the entry. That way it will be easier for when someone eventually adds a picture to the entry and/or staff need to verify the art is correct.

« Reply #1452 on: July 29, 2022, 09:43:59 am »

While there are no rules that say submitting images is required, we certainly encourage it if a user is able to provide that information.

With that said, even users without a scanner have the means to submit quality images. GameFAQs and MobyGames are generally good sources to lift images from (especially the latter), but there is nothing wrong with finding photos online to crop and rotate for our needs.

If you're wanting to submit Japanese entries with artwork, I would recommend visiting these sites which are collected in the International Classified Sites Research Archive thread:

If you have to make an entry without pictures but have the item in hand, at least put in the barcode and item numbers into the entry. That way it will be easier for when someone eventually adds a picture to the entry and/or staff need to verify the art is correct.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll keep it a rule for myself to provide cover art when adding a new entry then.

conduit

« Reply #1453 on: July 31, 2022, 07:16:16 pm »
Hello VGCollect, just dropping by to introduce myself and thank those involved in keeping this site up and database updated.

I've started to take game collecting seriously over these last few years, especially with retro games. In looking for a tool to help catalogue everything I own this site stood right out to me. Getting everything registered was painless and easy on both the website and mobile app. Honestly wish I found this site sooner, it's great.

I typically stick to shooters, fighting games, platformers and survival horror. Games with darker themes and aesthetics really jive with me. So I tend to hold series like Castlevania, Quake, and Silent Hill in high regard. The Castlevania games are the crème de la crème of my collection. Minus Dracula X for the SNES I've acquired every 2D Castlevania released in NA complete in box, plus the original PC-Engine Rondo of Blood. Very proud of that.

Look forward to contributing to the database and engaging with the community!

« Reply #1454 on: August 01, 2022, 07:40:36 pm »
Hello VGCollect, just dropping by to introduce myself and thank those involved in keeping this site up and database updated.

I've started to take game collecting seriously over these last few years, especially with retro games. In looking for a tool to help catalogue everything I own this site stood right out to me. Getting everything registered was painless and easy on both the website and mobile app. Honestly wish I found this site sooner, it's great.

I typically stick to shooters, fighting games, platformers and survival horror. Games with darker themes and aesthetics really jive with me. So I tend to hold series like Castlevania, Quake, and Silent Hill in high regard. The Castlevania games are the crème de la crème of my collection. Minus Dracula X for the SNES I've acquired every 2D Castlevania released in NA complete in box, plus the original PC-Engine Rondo of Blood. Very proud of that.

Look forward to contributing to the database and engaging with the community!

I really wish I had discovered this site sooner as well. Its taking me awhile to list mine as I do so many each day I'm able to lol.

One of my questions is for site mods. Why does each reply I have to put in a code and Nintendo's mascot ? Do I have to get to a certain post limit before that ends or is that for good ?