Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251009 times)

jcalder8

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #555 on: March 30, 2013, 08:39:36 am »
Welcome to the site mantis!

There will be a new version of the site coming and hopefully there will be options like that available :)

« Reply #556 on: March 30, 2013, 02:20:46 pm »
Good to hear it and thanks.  8)

foxhack

« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
Good to hear it and thanks.  8)
In the meantime, feel free to add all the games you have to your collection ;p

« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2013, 06:58:42 pm »
Thank you all for the very warm welcome!

I'm quite a busy man, sadly, (who isn't) so there will likely be times I'm absent some days here and there. I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll start adding my collection with minimum amount of information just to get the games up there (and some momentum going) and then I can go back and fill out extra information (unless someone beats me to it) later on.

I would estimate I have somewhere near 1000 complete first prints (which are the only ones I count) and I suspect a whole damn lot of them are dedicated Swedish releases so I'm prepared to list quite a few games from scratch. I'm sure it'll be fun once I get going. : )

Anyway, I'll try figuring out everything myself but chances are you'll get a few more questions from me before everything is said and done!

I like your little Gashlycrumb Tinies avatar.  :)
Thanks, It's great! Oh, how I wish Tim Burton would go back to his more grim style clearly influenced by Gashly. In my dreams.

matt

« Reply #559 on: April 04, 2013, 11:10:54 am »
Welcome to the site everyone! I'm responsible for this mess ha, so if you have any issues feel free to PM me.

brunauss

« Reply #560 on: April 04, 2013, 02:32:28 pm »
Welcome to VGcollect warped. I recently joined and look forward to additional new members who may have massive collections like mine. Currently my library stands at just over 1500 (excluding hardware) and determined to get it all uploaded eventually  :)
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

thirtylives

« Reply #561 on: April 16, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »
Howdy Folks,

So after I almost broke the guidelines within 5 minutes of joining the site (thanks foxhack), I figured I better say hello.

I'm Tony from Chicago, IL and I'm about to be a dad in just a handful of weeks.  I don't know what would possess me to try to list my collection (Less than 500 of NES / SNES / GEN / PSX|3 / GC|WII / PC Games combined) at a time like this - maybe it's just that I want to appreciate it some before I don't get to spend any time with it for a few years.   Really though, I think I am just trying to get a handle on it so that I will spend more time playing and less time looking/remembering in the future.

I describe myself as a "player's collector" - What I have I play / use / read.  I do enjoy the hunt so I gather a bunch of stuff up, but If I don't want to use it I get rid of it.

I got here via r/gamecollecting, where I like to admire the "serious" collectors collections =p

Tony / thirtylives

jcalder8

« Reply #562 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:59 pm »
Welcome to the site Tony! Don't worry about the size of a collection, they seem to multiply overnight.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2013, 10:39:41 pm »
Nice to have you, Tony/thirtylives.  Like jcalder said, don't store your collection together. It'll do the nasty and make babies.

brunauss

« Reply #564 on: April 17, 2013, 03:04:01 am »
Nice to have you, Tony/thirtylives.  Like jcalder said, don't store your collection together. It'll do the nasty and make babies.

My mind boggles at the babies my video game civilization would spawn with its sheer variety. No games that are too kiddy, then it would get utterly weird.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2013, 09:49:44 am »
Welcome, thirtylives!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

thirtylives

« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2013, 04:30:27 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome =)

And I have to say, the mysterious asian man who sold me my virtual boy warned me not to store it with famicom carts after midnight, but what does he know anyways  :P

thirty

thomascozine

« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2013, 06:01:31 pm »
I'm assuming this is the "official" intro thread. My apologies if not.

I'm Thomas. I'm not sure how much I'll actually post around here. I just really appreciated the gaming database. I've already cataloged what amounts to my entire collection. There's about 3 or so games that weren't listed and however many PC games not listed. I'm more than happy to help out with the database as much as I can.

As you can see, from my collection, I'm mainly a retro gamer. I appreciate the new but I'm more about getting/playing the games I missed out on from my childhood.

I have a few YouTube playlists of videos I've made about my collection and I plan to make more.

My Game Collection playlist link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa1ID_cH-bI&feature=share&list=PLKtghYbCv4wkK8lrPe8_4W0mgRT5sTqab

My Game Reviews playlist link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQkbdfF3KdU&feature=share&list=PLKtghYbCv4wnT8AYOigeUEEJGP0TY_5Dv

I also Livestream whenever I can here: http://livestre.am/45JAo Currently, my girlfriend and I are playing through and trying to 100% Super Mario World.

A YouTube archive of my Livestream is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXed3CbDfgM&feature=share&list=PLKtghYbCv4wmUgpcEZjCuTLXw6kPdL8m9

And, yes, my YouTube videos are unlisted rather than public. That's just how I am.

So, with that, I hope to enjoy my time with this community. Thank you.

vigorousjammer

« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »
Hey guys & gals! Just found out about the site, and it's pretty awesome so far.
I love how many entries are on the site, and there's SO MUCH DETAIL in all of the data, I love it!
Glad to finally have a place to keep track of my collection.

I'll be sure to warm up my scanner and do some box & cart scans while adding items to my lists. :)

brunauss

« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2013, 04:25:43 am »
Some of like that detail level and try to add where needed in the edits. Guys like Foxhack for example. Welcome luv.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer