Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251926 times)

matt

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #600 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:53 am »
Welcome to the site, fellas.
Grose Brazil, huh?  What's that like?  It looks like such a beautiful country

Depend... Brazil is a huge country and most of this territory suffer with poverty and intense climatic changes, there beauty things to see here but is very specific, is each thing at your places, centers is centers and you don't see natural things how is propagate in the movies, books and TV, and same on the beauty natural places is constantly damaged to extract minerals and others precious things for us, fucked up humans. Is sad on general, but today I like to live here, with my collections. haha

Welcome grose!

« Reply #601 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:32 pm »
Hello guys,

I'm Steeve from Riviere-du-Loup a small city in the estern part of Quebec, Canada. I collect videogames for about 15 years but I've sold most of my collections last year. I've decided to continue to collect games series. Currently I collect Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur/Edge, and finally my favorite Metal Gear.

There's my current collections

vgcollect.com/cyberboz

soera

« Reply #602 on: July 09, 2013, 05:24:35 pm »
MK rocks (except that weird 3D phase they went through). :)

Welcome to VGCollect. If you have any problems, we have good admin and mods here. If you like it here, its probably cause of me and Id just like to say you are welcome.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #603 on: July 09, 2013, 06:48:08 pm »
Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs.  Feel free to jump right in. New opinions keep places like this churning.
Oh yeah, watch out for soera. He's .... creepy

haloofthesun

« Reply #604 on: July 09, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »
Welcome to the site, fellas.
Grose Brazil, huh?  What's that like?  It looks like such a beautiful country

haloofthesun What kind of music do you write?

VERY late response, sorry lol!

I write primarily concert orchestral and band music, but I've done some video game projects (nothing that ever went anywhere, but they were fun) and done some free-to-use tracks for game making communities. You can check some of those out here if you want: https://soundcloud.com/bobby-richeson/sets/rpg-maker-music-pack   Those were all written very quickly in the span of about a month, but they turned out pretty well considering.

I'm also working on an instrumental rock project of sorts, but with a very downsized orchestra. It's a combination of modern orchestral and pop music (though I use the term pop very broadly here and mostly it means hard rock and metal, but a wide range of genres are covered). It'll take a while to get everyone to learn their parts and get it recorded since I'm funding it myself.

jcalder8

« Reply #605 on: July 09, 2013, 09:30:50 pm »
Welcome to the site cyberboz!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #606 on: July 11, 2013, 10:19:20 am »
Welcome to the site cyberboz!

Welcome to...all of you that I haven't welcomed here yet!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2013, 06:02:02 am »
Hello all,

New member here. I've been attempting to catalog my collection for the past couple days which originally began on the Shelves android app. I wasn't entirely pleased with it but I wanted something with a bar code scanner via my phone to speed things up and I liked the virtual shelf concept.

Long story short, after spending two full days (jobless atm) getting about 600 items into the Shelves app and finishing, I happened to come across VGCollect and at first I was super depressed at the thought of doing this all over again. But having an actual database that I can contribute too is a great motivator for me. So of course I spent the past 10 hours adding my stuff and submitting box art, editing listing info and adding bar codes as I went along. I'm only about 100 items in so far  :'( I feel sorry for whoever is on the other end approving all my stuff haha.

I was also eager to fill the database with like 10 years of PSM Magazine issues but it turns out I must have thrown out that box some time ago. I still have issue 1 and the PS2 reveal issue which I submitted. I'm still mad at myself though.

Anyway, I feel like a psycho doing all this work  :o But I'm hoping you'll continue to improve on the site and that this could grow into a really popular great site.

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to do the VGC collection signature? I couldn't find info anywhere.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2013, 08:39:22 am »

There you go. Take out the spaces after your name and it should work.
Welcome the site!

foxhack

« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2013, 08:50:56 am »
P.S. Can anyone tell me how to do the VGC collection signature? I couldn't find info anywhere.

Hi and welcome. I just approved most of your edits - though you submitted a bunch of PS2 SLUS product codes without the dash. I'll fix those later today, so don't worry.

Your signature is at http://vgcollect.com/sig/seikenfreak.jpg

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2013, 08:59:36 am »
Hello all,

New member here. I've been attempting to catalog my collection for the past couple days which originally began on the Shelves android app. I wasn't entirely pleased with it but I wanted something with a bar code scanner via my phone to speed things up and I liked the virtual shelf concept.

Long story short, after spending two full days (jobless atm) getting about 600 items into the Shelves app and finishing, I happened to come across VGCollect and at first I was super depressed at the thought of doing this all over again. But having an actual database that I can contribute too is a great motivator for me. So of course I spent the past 10 hours adding my stuff and submitting box art, editing listing info and adding bar codes as I went along. I'm only about 100 items in so far  :'( I feel sorry for whoever is on the other end approving all my stuff haha.

I was also eager to fill the database with like 10 years of PSM Magazine issues but it turns out I must have thrown out that box some time ago. I still have issue 1 and the PS2 reveal issue which I submitted. I'm still mad at myself though.

Anyway, I feel like a psycho doing all this work  :o But I'm hoping you'll continue to improve on the site and that this could grow into a really popular great site.

Welcome to the site!

« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »

Hi and welcome. I just approved most of your edits - though you submitted a bunch of PS2 SLUS product codes without the dash. I'll fix those later today, so don't worry.

Your signature is at http://vgcollect.com/sig/seikenfreak.jpg

Ah okay great. Yea I wasn't sure on those sorts of things if the dash should be there or not on those codes. I have since found the Style Guide so that should help.

It's the beginning of a new day so prepare for another wave of submissions.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2013, 03:41:27 pm »
@Seikenfreak -

Heh - just clicked-on your profile real quick -and- you make (AFAIK, at least) *3* of us from Jersey now  8)

Catching up on you "Oklahomans;)

pacpix

« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »
Never going to catch the Canadians though.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:52 pm »
We are actually trying to limit the Canadians joining the site. Its bringing down our collective intelligence! :P