Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246820 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2013, 08:11:54 pm »
We are actually trying to limit the Canadians joining the site. Its bringing down our collective intelligence! :P
And the Good Looking-ness

« Reply #616 on: July 20, 2013, 04:34:02 am »
Hey everyone, first post here. I was working on my own little personal site just for friends and made a video game section and then i thought to myself i wonder if theres a similar public type of page and then found this page out. im 32 been gaming since atari and i use to perform at concerts for 8 years! and then i got tinnitus (hearing problem) and now i game all day, alllllll day.

I tried adding a few games to the ps3 browse list but i dont think it worked i may have to resize the images. right now i currently have 2 ps3s and over 250 games for it. half are digital though.

other things im pretty proud of is my small nes collection i have 60 games boxed in near mint condition just a little wear and tear on the boxes. when places started selling off there nes collections at video rental places i tried buying up as much as i could but being a teen i didnt have much money. i really wish i could of bought more because the prices have sky rocketed :o

other misc stuff i have is a turbo graphix 16 with 4 games. my mom bought it for me for christmas after it was discontinued and we couldnt find any games for it at the time =( i remember one day at toys r us they had a shopping cart of tg16 games on clearence real cheap like 2 bucks a piece! she said we would go back but by then they were all gone =\ every once in a while i power up keith courage and play it :P

i had a snes and n64 but my ex psycho gf borrowed it with my zelda games. i left it with her :o

also have a ps2 and sega genesis but i dont think either works. my sister sold all my sega games for a dollar a piece because she thought they were hers grrrrrrrrr >:(

im trying to cut down collecting so much and buy a house. but for now im having a fun time platinuming games  ;D

currently i have 51 platinum trophys =)

2 of my all time favorite games are desert storm 1 & 2 for ps2/xbox and battlefield bad company 1 for ps3. i put in 56 days worth of hours into battlefield. and desert storm me and my friend played consistently every weekend for 2 years lol.

welp thats my intro. gotta build up my game list. im making image scans for my own site so if i see games not listed i will try to upload artwork here as well. i know deadliest catch and dead island riptide special edition are 2 i was trying to add

jcalder8

« Reply #617 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:24 am »
Welcome to the site Seikenfreak and MelodicMizery!

I went through the same thing when I joined the site. I think it took me about 2 months to add everything as I was editing and submitting new items but that is a great way to help the site and eventually we will get everything listed :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #618 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:48 am »
Never going to catch the Canadians though.

Why, in the name of God, would anyone ever *want* to try to catch one of *those*  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #619 on: July 20, 2013, 01:55:06 pm »
To steal their delicious maple syrup!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #620 on: July 20, 2013, 02:05:19 pm »
To steal their delicious maple syrup!

;D

ko1ru

« Reply #621 on: July 20, 2013, 08:42:54 pm »
Poor Canadians.   :-\

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #622 on: July 20, 2013, 08:44:18 pm »
We are actually trying to limit the Canadians joining the site. Its bringing down our collective intelligence! :P
And the Good Looking-ness
that being said Johnny Millenium should join the site

argyle

« Reply #623 on: July 23, 2013, 04:18:59 pm »
Hi all!  I've been submitting new game entries into the database something fierce over the past month or so, so I thought I should probably pop my head into the forums to meet the community.  :) 

Love the site btw, it's by far the best formatted vg database I've found on the net. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jcalder8

« Reply #624 on: July 23, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »
Hi all!  I've been submitting new game entries into the database something fierce over the past month or so, so I thought I should probably pop my head into the forums to meet the community.  :) 

Love the site btw, it's by far the best formatted vg database I've found on the net.
Welcome to the site! What is your favorite system to collect for?

That's what attracted me to the site as well, it's clean which I really like.

argyle

« Reply #625 on: July 24, 2013, 12:47:55 am »
Probably the PS2 - even tho I've been gaming since the stone ages (I think my first video game was an actual Pong machine) I really love the PS2.  My favorite genre is RPG, and I enjoy collecting those across platforms.  Still kicking myself over some I've had & let go tho! 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #626 on: July 24, 2013, 10:19:13 am »
Probably the PS2 - even tho I've been gaming since the stone ages (I think my first video game was an actual Pong machine) I really love the PS2.  My favorite genre is RPG, and I enjoy collecting those across platforms.  Still kicking myself over some I've had & let go tho!

Glad to have you here!

PS1, PS2, and RPG's are my favorites, too!

soera

« Reply #627 on: July 24, 2013, 10:21:29 am »
Probably the PS2. My favorite genre is RPG.

This makes absolute sense to me. Between the multitude of amazing games on the PS1 and the exclusives and compilations on the PS2, you could get nearly any RPG made on that system. Its my total favorite playable system cause of it. Im actually still looking for one game for it myself that I used to see everywhere so I just wasted time getting it and now I never see it in the wild at all : Ys ark of Napishtim.

Nosmiric

« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2013, 03:12:38 am »
Whelp, might as well introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Edwin, but you can just call me Nos or Nosmiric. I've been a lover of games since I was really little and have always wanted to collect vintage and new games, but I've never had the wallet for it seeing as I was a teenager without a job. Now that I'm 20 and with an actual bank account I make it my duty to scout out for great deals and really really neat stuff.

Aside from video game collecting, I'm just a normal dude who plays games, watches anime, and spends too much time on the internet. I have taken up some voice acting and plan to be a graphic designer eventually.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2013, 09:18:14 am »
Hey Nos, welcome to the party!  Don't be scared to jump right in all these conversations.  I saw your pictures in the other thread.  Looks like you have a little bit of everything PS3.  What's your favorite series on any system?