Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246818 times)

soera

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2013, 03:42:20 pm »
Hey good sir, glad to see you decided to join up. Once you use the collection tool here, you will see its so much nicer and easier to use than the other one you have. :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #661 on: November 10, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »
Hi I'm Andy but everyone online knows me as flatapex, I am mainly a master system and mega drive/genesis collector

I am 32 years old and from Manchester.....thats right I am British  ;D

I was introduced here by soera, we know eachother on sega8bit, the other sites I am on are predominantly UK ones.

I have about 130 games in total, the vast majority are for the ms/genesis.

Forgive me if I mention mega drive instead of genesis or mention prices in £'s, and if you want any help with pal region stuff for those systems, let me know as I know a fair bit

Welcome to the site!

Always nice to see this thread getting some use :)

(*Protip*) = *Never* admit to knowing/liking soera...ya' lose points here for that  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

flatapex

« Reply #662 on: November 10, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »
Hey good sir, glad to see you decided to join up. Once you use the collection tool here, you will see its so much nicer and easier to use than the other one you have. :D
I will get round to sorting that asap, I could probably add loads of it from memory so might try it on my breaks at work
You do not have an area. Unless it is some sort of play area, with sandcastles, and buckets, and spades!

flatapex

« Reply #663 on: November 10, 2013, 04:12:50 pm »
Hi I'm Andy but everyone online knows me as flatapex, I am mainly a master system and mega drive/genesis collector

I am 32 years old and from Manchester.....thats right I am British  ;D

I was introduced here by soera, we know eachother on sega8bit, the other sites I am on are predominantly UK ones.

I have about 130 games in total, the vast majority are for the ms/genesis.

Forgive me if I mention mega drive instead of genesis or mention prices in £'s, and if you want any help with pal region stuff for those systems, let me know as I know a fair bit

Welcome to the site!

Always nice to see this thread getting some use :)

(*Protip*) = *Never* admit to knowing/liking soera...ya' lose points here for that  :o

on the majority of gaming forums you lose points for defending the master system against the nes  ;D
You do not have an area. Unless it is some sort of play area, with sandcastles, and buckets, and spades!

soera

« Reply #664 on: November 10, 2013, 04:25:59 pm »
This is one of those forums that has a fair share of both Sega and Nintendo people combined. I have both myself but I definitely prefer the SMS over the NES even though my NES collection is over 700 titles but my SMS is almost 100.

jcalder8

« Reply #665 on: November 10, 2013, 04:28:50 pm »
Welcome to the site flatapex! We will try not to hold the fact the you know soera against you  ;D

flatapex

« Reply #666 on: November 10, 2013, 04:30:36 pm »
This is one of those forums that has a fair share of both Sega and Nintendo people combined. I have both myself but I definitely prefer the SMS over the NES even though my NES collection is over 700 titles but my SMS is almost 100.
awesome, on one of the other ones there are about half a dozen that own and play master system, it has got to the point where we are constantly on the look out for stuff for eachother because no-one else helps us. 

flatapex

« Reply #667 on: November 10, 2013, 04:35:24 pm »
Welcome to the site flatapex! We will try not to hold the fact the you know soera against you  ;D
haha, at this rate I am getting away with being british on what I guess is a mainly american forum?

are there any more of us on here or am I one of the few with pal region consoles?

soera

« Reply #668 on: November 10, 2013, 04:40:37 pm »
Honestly cant think of anyone else that posts regularly from the UK region. Its mostly US/Canadian based with the silly guy in the Mexico area.

soera

« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »
We will try not to hold the fact the you know soera against you  ;D

You guys know this place wouldnt be the same without me!  8)

sin2beta

« Reply #670 on: November 10, 2013, 04:44:55 pm »
Honestly cant think of anyone else that posts regularly from the UK region. Its mostly US/Canadian based with the silly guy in the Mexico area.

Kimimi is probably our more prolific poster from the UK.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #671 on: November 10, 2013, 04:52:11 pm »
I thought Kimimi was stateside with just a JP collection.

flatapex

« Reply #672 on: November 10, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »
i've noticed most sites seem to have one nationality as a majority and thats it, I moderate elsewhere and its an international site

in reality every system's collector needs to know people from worldwide

I wont mention that I saw a complete master system lucky dime caper for $6 in a shop today  :P

sin2beta

« Reply #673 on: November 10, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »
I thought Kimimi was stateside with just a JP collection.

Just to be sure I checked her profile. It says UK. I figured that because I see her on RetroCollect a fair amount (It's like us but very UK centric).
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #674 on: November 10, 2013, 05:22:18 pm »

Wait, who the heck is in Mexico and silly?

And yes, kimimi's British. Her collection focuses heavily on Asian (China / Japan) items though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:24:32 pm by foxhack »