Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252325 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #690 on: December 25, 2013, 05:15:13 am »
hello, new here. Long time gamer (since 2600 days) with some gaps here & there. A frequenter on gamefaqs as "banky" until they changed formatting and that username was gone forever.

I like the collection database but widsh it were more sortable/customisable. Sorry if that's an old common complaint.

htimreimer

« Reply #691 on: December 25, 2013, 06:51:26 am »
I like the collection database but widsh it were more sortable/customisable. Sorry if that's an old common complaint.
any new features will come in the future, the site has recently been updated and there is still bugs and some basic features have not been added yet

welcome to the site banky
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 03:24:20 pm by htimreimer »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #692 on: December 25, 2013, 09:17:41 am »
hello, new here. Long time gamer (since 2600 days) with some gaps here & there. A frequenter on gamefaqs as "banky" until they changed formatting and that username was gone forever.

Welcome to VGCollect Banky!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #693 on: December 25, 2013, 09:11:32 pm »
Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. Merry Christmas.

« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2013, 11:21:39 am »
Okay.

What's folks, 7th here.

Most people know me from my Youtube channels, The7thLevl (which is now an archive) and 7thLeveLReviews. I'm also on Twitter @The7thlevel.

I'm a console gaming collector. My collection is not as big as it once was. It used to stretch all the way back to the Fairchild Channel F but due to several boxes of stuff being mistakenly sold in a yard sale whilst I was doing fieldwork on the other side of the state, I lost a good chunk of my collection in 2004 and didn't start buying the stuff back until 2009. I got to looking through what I have on the shelf last night (a good chunk of my collection is in a Uhaul storage unit) and decided I needed to find a good place where I could catalog everything I had on display so I could keep better track, and show it off to people who are constantly asking me for videos updating my collection.

Right now my biggest issue is I want to do retro reviews of TG16 games, but I don't have a PVR that'll handle RF, and the prices for TurboPros add-ons and TurboDuos are ridiculous.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2013, 11:30:06 am »
Hey 7th!

Welcome to the 7th circle of Hel...

...I mean VGCollect  ;D

Sounds like you'll fit right in w/ the rest of us!

« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2013, 11:39:01 am »
As for PSN, my id is The7thLevel. I'm a level 23 at 95% with over 5000 trophies and 42 plats. I don't keep track of my XBL score because I own those more for the collection than for actual playing. I'm mostly a Sony guy XD

matt

« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2013, 11:40:59 am »
Welcome 7th!

Warmsignal

« Reply #698 on: December 29, 2013, 01:00:39 am »
Sssgoin' on everyone? Been itching to find a new home for my collection cataloging. Mostly due to the lack of reliability in terms of your competition. You probably know who I'm talking about. The video game database site that's almost always down or severely gimped. Can't even use that place anymore it's gotten so bad.

Have been gaming since the early 90s and collecting obsessively a good 4 or 5 years. I'm not the game-room type, nor one to collect trinkets or memorabilia. I mostly focus on just games, and just games that honestly appeal to me. I've got most of the hardware I'll ever want, aside from some of the recent. Basically all of the mainstream units and few of the more obscure ranging from 2nd gen to 8th gen, and I collect games for virtually all of them, I have no biases and enjoy them all. Lately I've been on a modern games collecting kick. I've recently acquired a 3DS, Vita, and Wii U.

I have a game buying addiction, sometimes I buy more than I have time to play. I'm fan of rpgs, platformers, action & adventure, and hack n' slash among many genres. You can catch me playing about anything console wise aside from sports, mmo, or shovelware.

jcalder8

« Reply #699 on: December 29, 2013, 07:40:22 am »
Welcome to the site Warmsignal! I hope you haven't come here to get help with your game buying addiction because hanging around here will only cause you to get more games :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #700 on: December 29, 2013, 09:57:39 am »
Sssgoin' on everyone? Been itching to find a new home for my collection cataloging. Mostly due to the lack of reliability in terms of your competition. You probably know who I'm talking about. The video game database site that's almost always down or severely gimped. Can't even use that place anymore it's gotten so bad.

Have been gaming since the early 90s and collecting obsessively a good 4 or 5 years. I'm not the game-room type, nor one to collect trinkets or memorabilia. I mostly focus on just games, and just games that honestly appeal to me. I've got most of the hardware I'll ever want, aside from some of the recent. Basically all of the mainstream units and few of the more obscure ranging from 2nd gen to 8th gen, and I collect games for virtually all of them, I have no biases and enjoy them all. Lately I've been on a modern games collecting kick. I've recently acquired a 3DS, Vita, and Wii U.

I have a game buying addiction, sometimes I buy more than I have time to play. I'm fan of rpgs, platformers, action & adventure, and hack n' slash among many genres. You can catch me playing about anything console wise aside from sports, mmo, or shovelware.

HI Warmsignal!

Welcome to VGAnonym...Collect...Thanks for sharing!

foxhack

« Reply #701 on: December 29, 2013, 02:59:37 pm »
IGN?

GameFAQs? :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:01:13 pm by foxhack »

Warmsignal

« Reply #702 on: December 29, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »
IGN?

Not sure if serious. Starts with an RF and ends with a Generation.

« Reply #703 on: December 30, 2013, 06:33:56 pm »
welcome Warmsignal and 7thLeveLReviews
hope you find this site as useful as i have.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #704 on: December 31, 2013, 07:57:43 am »
IGN?

Not sure if serious. Starts with an RF and ends with a Generation.

Could be serious - I don't know who/what you're referring to, either...