Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246915 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #765 on: April 06, 2014, 08:45:11 am »
Welcome

Maybe this thread is for you  ;D

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4705.0.html

I was thinking the same thing about the timing of that thread & his Introduction  ;D

(didn't wanna potentially scare anyone off, though)  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #766 on: April 06, 2014, 09:46:26 am »
Haii!

Just thought I'd drop a little message here to say hi. I've been lurking for a few weeks already and started putting my collection on here. It's pretty neat and the community seems nice! I've been looking for a forum like this for a while and I'm glad to be part of this community (where it's not only people bragging about how their collection's worth 10 millions haha).

Welcome to the family! :D
Don't be scared off by the thread fazerco linked, by the way :P I also started my collection thanks to my work in a video games store (I could trade all my greatest hits/player's choice for black labels, that was awesome :P ). And I have to say you've got some taste in consoles!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #767 on: April 06, 2014, 10:34:12 am »
There's nothing to be scared off. If i worked in a videogame store i would do the same.

argyle

« Reply #768 on: April 06, 2014, 10:41:39 am »
Welcome!  ;D 

And yeah, despite what anyone says I doubt there's anyone here who wouldn't have jumped on something like Skies Legends for .99.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #769 on: April 06, 2014, 11:19:45 am »
There's nothing to be scared off. If i worked in a videogame store i would do the same.

It's not really that so much as stuff like:

"can eat my ass"

isn't the warmest, coziest, friendliest, and most welcoming 1st impression/sentiment to a new site member  ;)

okay

« Reply #770 on: April 06, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »
Hi there;

My name is Oliver - when I'm not slaving away at work, spending time with my wonderful wife of nearly two years, or at church - one can find me in front of my video games.

I don't care for the status quo - in fact, it's something I ignore completely. Thats' why, in a city where pickup trucks are ridiculously popular, I drive a 2009 Smart ForTwo. I watch NASCAR, WWE, Pro Wrestling, and Super Sentai on TV. My dream girl (after my wife) is the girl who plays Amy on Big Bang Theory. I'm an energy drink addict.

Thats me in a nutshell. I'm on Xbox Life - if one is interested in chatting or whatever, feel free to hit me up.

Take care and keep gaming!
XBox Live: BastosPunyeta - Add me!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #771 on: April 06, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »
Hi there;

My name is Oliver - when I'm not slaving away at work, spending time with my wonderful wife of nearly two years, or at church - one can find me in front of my video games.

I don't care for the status quo - in fact, it's something I ignore completely. Thats' why, in a city where pickup trucks are ridiculously popular, I drive a 2009 Smart ForTwo. I watch NASCAR, WWE, Pro Wrestling, and Super Sentai on TV. My dream girl (after my wife) is the girl who plays Amy on Big Bang Theory. I'm an energy drink addict.

Thats me in a nutshell. I'm on Xbox Life - if one is interested in chatting or whatever, feel free to hit me up.

Take care and keep gaming!

Welcome to the7thcircl...erm VGCollect!

Don't worry; okay?!

It's gonna be ok, OKAY  :P

« Reply #772 on: April 06, 2014, 03:10:15 pm »
Welcome

Maybe this thread is for you  ;D

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4705.0.html

Hahaha don't worry guys, this will not scare me!
I've read a couple of posts there and there're some good comments but I'll respond there if I find it necessary as this is not the place!

Welcome to the family! :D
Don't be scared off by the thread fazerco linked, by the way :P I also started my collection thanks to my work in a video games store (I could trade all my greatest hits/player's choice for black labels, that was awesome :P ). And I have to say you've got some taste in consoles!

Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken, I think you're from Canada? I've seen a video, if I remember right, from you and you sounded like your first language is french (with your accent). I don't want to feel like a creepo invading your privacy haha but I'm from Canada also and speak french! So I was wondering if you were close to me or something. :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #773 on: April 06, 2014, 03:46:35 pm »
Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken, I think you're from Canada? I've seen a video, if I remember right, from you and you sounded like your first language is french (with your accent). I don't want to feel like a creepo invading your privacy haha but I'm from Canada also and speak french! So I was wondering if you were close to me or something. :P

No worries!

If there's one thing that there's not a lack of here ==>

==>it's Canadians; eh  :P

htimreimer

« Reply #774 on: April 06, 2014, 04:07:53 pm »
Thanks!

No worries!

as a canadian, i find eh offensive :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #775 on: April 06, 2014, 04:56:10 pm »
Thanks!

No worries!

as a canadian, i find eh offensive :P

Sorry; eh  :o

argyle

« Reply #776 on: April 06, 2014, 05:10:55 pm »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #777 on: April 06, 2014, 06:13:18 pm »
Blodwast Welcome to the site.  Don't let anything around here scare you off.  This is a good bunch of folks.  We have fun, even if we have strong opinions from time to time.  Enjoy your stay and feel free to jump in with both feet.

... and I stand by my "eat my ass" comment.   8)

karyann

« Reply #778 on: April 06, 2014, 11:17:06 pm »
Thanks!

Well, that's not creepy, but it sure surprised me  :P Yep, I'm from Quebec, my native language is French, but I speak English pretty fluently, I guess. Where are you from exactly?

« Reply #779 on: April 07, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »
No worries!

Hahaha great!

Blodwast Welcome to the site.  Don't let anything around here scare you off.  This is a good bunch of folks.  We have fun, even if we have strong opinions from time to time.  Enjoy your stay and feel free to jump in with both feet.

... and I stand by my "eat my ass" comment.   8)

Haha thanks and don't worry, I won't be scared! And you all look like pleasant people around here, I'm sure I'll have fun hanging around as I am already having fun! Eh, and strong opinions? I may have some from time to time aswell!

Well, that's not creepy, but it sure surprised me  :P Yep, I'm from Quebec, my native language is French, but I speak English pretty fluently, I guess. Where are you from exactly?

I'm from Quebec aswell! :D

Salut! Je suis à Québec, en fait sur la rive sud et toi?