Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251223 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #840 on: July 15, 2014, 05:32:17 pm »
I've been here a couple days and I've posted before but I haven't properly introduced myself so, without further ado;
Hello, I'm TheKosmicKollector! I recently started collecting once I finally got some space and I found a bunch of old PS2 games from when I was younger. Since I'm probably one of the youngest here and I've only recently started collecting, my collection's one of the smaller ones. But regardless, I love gaming and my collection and I like to collect a bit of everything (Whatever I can find on my pretty tight budget really). I've got a long way to go until I have a really awesome collection like a lot of you guys do, and there are a whole bunch of systems I really want to get but just haven't found yet for cheap (i.e NES, SNES, Saturn etc) :)

I think it is really cool when people who were either really young or not even born when certain platforms were around can go back and appreciate them still. Welcome to VGcollect and thanks for the comment on my room tour video :)

abe

« Reply #841 on: July 15, 2014, 05:32:29 pm »
I've been here a couple days and I've posted before but I haven't properly introduced myself so, without further ado;
Hello, I'm TheKosmicKollector! I recently started collecting once I finally got some space and I found a bunch of old PS2 games from when I was younger. Since I'm probably one of the youngest here and I've only recently started collecting, my collection's one of the smaller ones. But regardless, I love gaming and my collection and I like to collect a bit of everything (Whatever I can find on my pretty tight budget really). I've got a long way to go until I have a really awesome collection like a lot of you guys do, and there are a whole bunch of systems I really want to get but just haven't found yet for cheap (i.e NES, SNES, Saturn etc) :)

Your collection's still bigger than mine. :'( I-I-mean welcome to VGCollect! What sort of games do you play now/what genres do you prefer? If you use PSN often, feel free to add me, I'm online quite often :) (My ID is AvocadoGazpacho, the same one in my sig).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #842 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:47 pm »
I just realized I jumped into the thread about best RPGs without posting here, so I'm going to correct that now.

While I haven't thought of myself as a collector until recently, I've always bought, played, and kept any video games I liked.  I mostly play and collect RPGs and platformers, although I like adventure and action games a lot too.  My goal in collecting right now is to buy and play all of the best games for all of the consoles I already own which includes all Nintendo home consoles from N64 and up and all versions of the Game Boy and DS as well as every Playstation home console.  I've been focusing on Wii and DS lately since those games are pretty cheap to buy right now.  I look forward to talking to everyone here and hopefully finding some awesome new games to buy too!
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

abe

« Reply #843 on: July 15, 2014, 07:55:44 pm »
Another welcome to other new guy! I somehow feel obligated to post what I was told upon introducing myself. :P

As long as you diligently follow the same unwritten rules as the rest of us and...ABOVE ALL...

Avoid, Beware of, and Don't Feed the SOERA...

...all will be well!   :P

soera

« Reply #844 on: July 16, 2014, 12:50:52 am »
Another welcome to other new guy! I somehow feel obligated to post what I was told upon introducing myself. :P

As long as you diligently follow the same unwritten rules as the rest of us and...ABOVE ALL...

But ... but ... but ... The SOERA is awesome! :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #845 on: July 16, 2014, 09:11:25 am »

But ... but ... but ... The SOERA is awesome to avoid! :D

Welcome to the newer members/posters  ;D

You all might not know it yet -but- you've all stumbled into a pretty awesome site & community (*even Soera*...on his better daze)  ;)

Some quick thougts/notes:

- "Large" collections are relative (they all pale in comparison to the Flea's)  :o

- Quality > Quantity (I've built/shaped my collection over the years), and wouldn't trade it for many collections w/ 5x the amount of items; to each their own!

- If you're wondering/uncertain about something...don't hesitate to ask for help.

and - check out the link below to avoid confusion while confusing yourselves even more:)

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,22.0.html

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #846 on: July 16, 2014, 04:20:17 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  I totally agree about quality over quantity when it comes to collecting.  I only buy games that are well-reviewed or I think I will really enjoy playing, because I don't want to accumulate too much stuff!
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

thekosmickollector

« Reply #847 on: July 16, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »

Your collection's still bigger than mine. :'( I-I-mean welcome to VGCollect! What sort of games do you play now/what genres do you prefer? If you use PSN often, feel free to add me, I'm online quite often :) (My ID is AvocadoGazpacho, the same one in my sig).

I pretty much enjoy whatever games aren't broken glitchy messes (a-la Ride To Hell). I tend to find myself veering more towards the  hack n' slash, fighting, horror and sandbox genres, although there really isn't any genres I have much of a dislike for, although I'm not too keen on Sports games, but other than that I really enjoy whatever comes my way! (Also I've been growingly interested in racing games recently). As for the PSN thing, I'll be sure to add you whenever I decide to get off my lazy ass and download the PSN update :P May name on there's danny-21_, so that's who that is if you get a request!

Oh and also, as Kuribo said, thanks for such a warm welcome, everyone! You all seem a lovely community to be a part of :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:36:54 pm by thekosmickollector »

BBowles

« Reply #848 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:01 pm »
Figured I should introduce myself as well since I've started posting recently. I'm Billy, 29, from Illinois. I've been playing games as long as I can remember, starting with NES when I was 3-4 in 1988/9. Since high school, I've started actually collecting games, although there have been a handfull of purges over the years in order to acquire a little cash (and I regret every one of them -_-). Currently, Xbox 360 games make up the largest console in my collection (150ish out of 400 items), but am looking forward to getting back the oldies that I either sold or have never had the joy of playing.

It's nice to meet everyone and I look forward to getting to know the community here.

karyann

« Reply #849 on: July 17, 2014, 09:02:35 am »
Welcome to VGcollect, ferchokyzer, kuribo, thekosmickollector and BBowles!  :D Hope you enjoy your stay!

« Reply #850 on: July 21, 2014, 12:50:09 am »
Hello peoples! I'm Elijah. I'm 20 and am addicted to da gamez. I've collected games for a while, since i was maybe 15. I recently started to get some direction in my collection by focusing on the PS1 and PS2 systems. My goal now is to amass the entirety of the first two Sony system's catalogs. This site seems great for keeping track of what I got, because I traffic in mainly disc-only games as of late. I already have over 500 items logged in, and I'm not even close to being done! Did not know I had that many games. Looks like a cool community so I just wanted to introduce meself while it was on my mind.

Sorry for the ramble, see you on da forum.

jcalder8

« Reply #851 on: July 21, 2014, 01:15:42 am »
Welcome to all the new users! I love seeing the new names :D

« Reply #852 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:38 am »
Hello everyone^^ I've stumbled across this site a few day ago and I think it's time to introduce myself. I'm Sina, 25 years old and I'm from Germany (so sorry for any mistakes with the language). I've been playing since the age of 5 and I still do it very passionately. I've never been a big collector, because of not having much space and money but since me and my husband have moved to our new house and having more cash to spend, I've started collecting games recently.

My favourite genres are RPGs, rhythm games, platformers and visual novels. Since I'm serously trying to learn japanese ( and having experience with playing japanese RPGs, though not understanding a word^^), those are the games I want to collect mainly.

My collection is still small, but it will grow steady, because I'm having a lot of fun. And I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun on this site, too ;)

abe

« Reply #853 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:20 am »
Hello everyone^^ I've stumbled across this site a few day ago and I think it's time to introduce myself. I'm Sina, 25 years old and I'm from Germany (so sorry for any mistakes with the language). I've been playing since the age of 5 and I still do it very passionately. I've never been a big collector, because of not having much space and money but since me and my husband have moved to our new house and having more cash to spend, I've started collecting games recently.

My favourite genres are RPGs, rhythm games, platformers and visual novels. Since I'm serously trying to learn japanese ( and having experience with playing japanese RPGs, though not understanding a word^^), those are the games I want to collect mainly.

My collection is still small, but it will grow steady, because I'm having a lot of fun. And I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun on this site, too ;)

If you like Japanese stuff I'm going to shamelessly promote my thread for upcoming Japanese imports here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5077.0.html :P

Welcome to VGCollect newcomers!

karyann

« Reply #854 on: July 21, 2014, 02:22:14 pm »

Welcome!  :D I hope you will enjoy it here as much as we do.

I'm also learning Japanese, and am starting to import a few Japanese games! If you want to chat about Japanese games or culture or anything, feel free to PM me! I still have much to learn, and I always love to talk about everything around Japan :)