Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246793 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #855 on: July 21, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »
Thanks for the welcome^^ It's cool to see that there are others who share my interests.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #856 on: July 21, 2014, 04:13:08 pm »
Many others w/ similar interests here!

Just "Flee" should a "Soera" show up in a random encounter here  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #857 on: July 21, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »

That's a good one.  I like it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #858 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:41 pm »

That's a good one.  I like it!

A Wild Soera Appears...

8)

soera

« Reply #859 on: July 22, 2014, 12:11:12 am »
I heard a DQ reference and I had to see what it was!

« Reply #860 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:11 am »
Ahoy VCG! I’m prox - Liechtenstein-born - living, working (designing and developing games and stuff), rocking, drinking and collecting in Zürich (Switzerland).

I used to collect everything for every game console. But due to the limited space in my appartement, I recently sold a lot of the random games that I've never played or never would have played. The focus lays now on the (CIB, "good and playable" ;)) SNES games - THE console of my childhood before I completely switched to PC gaming in the mid 90s (damn you id Software).

Since switzerland is a multilingual place, surrounded by countries like Germany, France and Italy and where Spain and Netherlands is basically around the corner -
we got all sorts of different language version from all around the PAL region. For that, a lot, if not most, of the games in my collection aren’t in the VGC database. But that’s ok, I probably will submitting new entries for quite a while then ::)

I was always looking for a good looking platform (and most importantly with a nice community ;)) to keep track of my collection. Beside that, posting in the forum is a good way to practice some english xD (corrections are appreciated)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #861 on: July 24, 2014, 10:00:16 am »
Ahoy VCG! I’m prox - Liechtenstein-born - living, working (designing and developing games and stuff), rocking, drinking and collecting in Zürich (Switzerland).

I used to collect everything for every game console. But due to the limited space in my appartement, I recently sold a lot of the random games that I've never played or never would have played. The focus lays now on the (CIB, "good and playable" ;)) SNES games - THE console of my childhood before I completely switched to PC gaming in the mid 90s (damn you id Software).

Since switzerland is a multilingual place, surrounded by countries like Germany, France and Italy and where Spain and Netherlands is basically around the corner -
we got all sorts of different language version from all around the PAL region. For that, a lot, if not most, of the games in my collection aren’t in the VGC database. But that’s ok, I probably will submitting new entries for quite a while then ::)

I was always looking for a good looking platform (and most importantly with a nice community ;)) to keep track of my collection. Beside that, posting in the forum is a good way to practice some english xD (corrections are appreciated)

Welcome to VGC!  ;D

How many languages do you know?

Oh yeah...beware of the poster directly above your Intro. post  :o

« Reply #862 on: July 24, 2014, 11:48:44 am »
Welcome to VGC!  ;D

Thanks.

Only german (and the local dialects) and english. In europe you get along with english, most of the time. In SNES times many of the games had english texts. This is where we've learned our first english words xD

The almighty "soera"? I've read about him, urban legends... or not.

Klaatu barada nikto!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:54:42 am by pordox »

90snostalga

« Reply #863 on: July 24, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »
Welcome to VGC!  ;D

Thanks.

Only german (and the local dialects) and english. In europe you get along with english, most of the time. In SNES times many of the games had english texts. This is where we've learned our first english words xD

The almighty "soera"? I've read about him, urban legends... or not.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Welcome Pordox!   :)

And you got it right about the Soera.  He is a legend, or was a legend or maybe a myth?????  I'm still trying to figure that one out.  ;)

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #864 on: July 24, 2014, 04:22:05 pm »
Just found this thread and thought I would intro myself. I'm Groo ( John ), I'm a video editor for TV ( company does advertising, sports programs and a few music videos), musician ( guitarist ) and gamer. I've been slowly (re)growing my collection as time and money allow. I started a YT channel last year (L1GamingChannel) where I record some stuff. It's not monetized ( except for a couple of old videos just so I could do custom thumbnails). I do it just for fun and want to use it to keep track of what games I have completed. I'm not looking to be PewDiePie or anything. I got a great face for radio but not the voice.

I was looking for a video game data base site and VGCollect was recommended to me by Zenimus, so here I am!
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

jcalder8

« Reply #865 on: July 24, 2014, 07:41:24 pm »
Welcome to the site Groo!

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #866 on: July 24, 2014, 10:24:36 pm »

THANKS! Just got back from "rhymes with LameShop". I stopped by after going to the bank to see if they had any spare PSP cases. They said "No", (probably a lie) so I just bought a couple of their used 89¢ PSP games that come with no manuals or cover art. Oh well.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

jcalder8

« Reply #867 on: July 25, 2014, 12:33:34 am »

THANKS! Just got back from "rhymes with LameShop". I stopped by after going to the bank to see if they had any spare PSP cases. They said "No", (probably a lie) so I just bought a couple of their used 89¢ PSP games that come with no manuals or cover art. Oh well.
It's hard to get too upset when you can pick up a game for less than a buck :)

« Reply #868 on: August 21, 2014, 12:25:15 am »
Hello everyone,
              My name is Chris. Or you can just call me Critter (nickname since I was young my grand mom could not pronounce Christopher it came out Crittopher  everyone dropped the opher and started calling me Critter). I have been searching for a collection database/community/place to remember all the games I have/want for a long time now. I finally stumbled on this site... I have to say for the little bit of time I have used this site, it's really great. People are nice and most of all everyone generally loves gaming as much as I do.  ;D I have been gaming since I was about 4 or 5 years old.. My favorite console at that time was the NES. Nowadays I am definitly a playstation player. But I do like to play retro consoles. I do like xbox 360 just cant stand that damn controller. If anyone is interested my psn name is Critter7405. I will try my best to answer and post as much as I can to the forums.
              Besides gaming I went to college for computers... I repair, custom build and diagnose pcs. I can also fix PS3 YLOD and XBOX 360 RROD. I have done a few of xbox and ps3 repairs already and they are still running great today.  :P
              I wouldn't be a DAD if didn't say that my two kids and wife are getting more involved in gaming. My son has been next to me from the time he was able to put his head up watching me play. Now he is playing games like Super Mario Galaxy and many others which he is actually beating. My daughter is 5 and she is getting really into the DS and just starting out on the Wii. My wife is always looking for the deals from Facebook, eBay and Craig's list. Also just an open ear to anyone talking about gaming, so we can increase the collection. My wife does play the Wii but I have been trying to convince her to play the PS3. It will happen one day I am sure.
              Sorry it took a while to introduce myself. I wanted to get a feel for the community and input as much as my collection I could as fast as possible.
              Although at the moment I am not doing to much gaming I do keep up with it. The last game I played was uncharted 1 and 2.. I pretty much will play everything and anything.

I would also like to say Thank You to those that put up with all my edits as I was going through inputting my collection.
Big thanks to FOX for putting up with me.  :P
Thanks again and hopefully you will see me post more.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:33:12 am by critter7405 »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #869 on: August 21, 2014, 08:27:35 am »
Hello everyone,
              My name is Chris. Or you can just call me Critter (nickname since I was young my grand mom could not pronounce Christopher it came out Crittopher  everyone dropped the opher and started calling me Critter). I have been searching for a collection database/community/place to remember all the games I have/want for a long time now. I finally stumbled on this site... I have to say for the little bit of time I have used this site, it's really great. People are nice and most of all everyone generally loves gaming as much as I do.  ;D I have been gaming since I was about 4 or 5 years old.. My favorite console at that time was the NES. Nowadays I am definitly a playstation player. But I do like to play retro consoles. I do like xbox 360 just cant stand that damn controller. If anyone is interested my psn name is Critter7405. I will try my best to answer and post as much as I can to the forums.
              Besides gaming I went to college for computers... I repair, custom build and diagnose pcs. I can also fix PS3 YLOD and XBOX 360 RROD. I have done a few of xbox and ps3 repairs already and they are still running great today.  :P
              I wouldn't be a DAD if didn't say that my two kids and wife are getting more involved in gaming. My son has been next to me from the time he was able to put his head up watching me play. Now he is playing games like Super Mario Galaxy and many others which he is actually beating. My daughter is 5 and she is getting really into the DS and just starting out on the Wii. My wife is always looking for the deals from Facebook, eBay and Craig's list. Also just an open ear to anyone talking about gaming, so we can increase the collection. My wife does play the Wii but I have been trying to convince her to play the PS3. It will happen one day I am sure.
              Sorry it took a while to introduce myself. I wanted to get a feel for the community and input as much as my collection I could as fast as possible.
              Although at the moment I am not doing to much gaming I do keep up with it. The last game I played was uncharted 1 and 2.. I pretty much will play everything and anything.

I would also like to say Thank You to those that put up with all my edits as I was going through inputting my collection.
Big thanks to FOX for putting up with me.  :P
Thanks again and hopefully you will see me post more.

Good to have you & hope to see more posting & interaction w/ the community here; your impression was a good one - we've got a pretty awesome group of gamers & collectors here...

...just beware this one poster/moderator named Soera - he's bad news!