Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246776 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #870 on: August 21, 2014, 09:14:31 am »
What's going on guys?

I am Matt, but also go by Brit Console Gamer.

I was born in England but live in Ireland with my wife. I am currently waiting for a large majority of my collection to arrive from Australia (where we lived for the last 2 years), but have already started making additions to it.

I do have a YouTube channel which can be found here: www.youtube.com/user/BritConsoleGamer

I have an Instagram account, under the name @britconsolegamer and I use this to show pickups and other cool stuff I find on my travels

I also have an obligatory FaceBook account, which can be found at: www.facebook.com/BritConsoleGamer

And finally Twitter which I rarely use but if you fancy following look up @britconsolegame

Both PSN and XBox gamertags are BCGMatt so add me if you want

As of the post, the games in this collection are ones that I have in the house at the moment. I can add to this as the rest arrives.

I am looking forward to speaking to some of you in the forums, and don't hesitate to shout if you want to ask some questions.

Until next time, have fun and take it easy!  :)

soera

« Reply #871 on: August 21, 2014, 01:26:57 pm »
Hi all new people! Welcome to the forums. Ive noticed mentions of avoiding that in which is SOERA ... but if you feed the SOERA many games, it stays calm. Sounds like good advice honestly. :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #872 on: August 21, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »
Hi all new people! Welcome to the forums. Ive noticed mentions of avoiding that in which is SOERA ... but if you feed the SOERA many games, it stays calm. Sounds like good advice honestly. :)

Don't listen to what he says.  Be careful with soera.  Nothing but trouble.

90snostalga

« Reply #873 on: August 21, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »
Welcome Brit Console Gamer! Hope you enjoy the site! :D

« Reply #874 on: August 21, 2014, 11:33:59 pm »
Hello everyone,
              My name is Chris. Or you can just call me Critter (nickname since I was young my grand mom could not pronounce Christopher it came out Crittopher  everyone dropped the opher and started calling me Critter). I have been searching for a collection database/community/place to remember all the games I have/want for a long time now. I finally stumbled on this site... I have to say for the little bit of time I have used this site, it's really great. People are nice and most of all everyone generally loves gaming as much as I do.  ;D I have been gaming since I was about 4 or 5 years old.. My favorite console at that time was the NES. Nowadays I am definitly a playstation player. But I do like to play retro consoles. I do like xbox 360 just cant stand that damn controller. If anyone is interested my psn name is Critter7405. I will try my best to answer and post as much as I can to the forums.
              Besides gaming I went to college for computers... I repair, custom build and diagnose pcs. I can also fix PS3 YLOD and XBOX 360 RROD. I have done a few of xbox and ps3 repairs already and they are still running great today.  :P
              I wouldn't be a DAD if didn't say that my two kids and wife are getting more involved in gaming. My son has been next to me from the time he was able to put his head up watching me play. Now he is playing games like Super Mario Galaxy and many others which he is actually beating. My daughter is 5 and she is getting really into the DS and just starting out on the Wii. My wife is always looking for the deals from Facebook, eBay and Craig's list. Also just an open ear to anyone talking about gaming, so we can increase the collection. My wife does play the Wii but I have been trying to convince her to play the PS3. It will happen one day I am sure.
              Sorry it took a while to introduce myself. I wanted to get a feel for the community and input as much as my collection I could as fast as possible.
              Although at the moment I am not doing to much gaming I do keep up with it. The last game I played was uncharted 1 and 2.. I pretty much will play everything and anything.

I would also like to say Thank You to those that put up with all my edits as I was going through inputting my collection.
Big thanks to FOX for putting up with me.  :P
Thanks again and hopefully you will see me post more.

Good to have you & hope to see more posting & interaction w/ the community here; your impression was a good one - we've got a pretty awesome group of gamers & collectors here...

...just beware this one poster/moderator named Soera - he's bad news!

Thank you hope to post more  :P
I have heard this a lot to keep away from Soera ... Lol what did he do that was so wrong?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #875 on: August 22, 2014, 08:38:34 am »
the very existence of a soera is wrong enough in itself  :P

he's the harbinger of the 4 horse-men of the apocalypse  :'(

'ware & ward!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #876 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:56 am »
the very existence of a soera is wrong enough in itself  :P

he's the harbinger of the 4 horse-men of the apocalypse  :'(

'ware & ward!

I was going to say "He was born", but this was put so much better.

He did do this one thing with a live chicken, a weed eater, and a large Slurpie. It wasn't pretty.

soera

« Reply #877 on: August 22, 2014, 09:43:29 am »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #878 on: August 22, 2014, 09:58:18 am »

It's like a family portrait from hell.

jcalder8

« Reply #879 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:20 am »
Welcome to all the new users!

Please don't listen to the fear mongers, Soera is about as evil as a kitty katt. Anyone who is that into Dragon Quest can't be all that evil.... now maybe if he was obsessed with Castlevania or something.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #880 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:57 am »

It's like a family portrait from hell.

'Soera spawn'...yikes!

Absolutely can *NOT* get Megadeths' "Mechanix" or Metallica's "4 horse-men" (hint: they're the same thing) outta' my mind now  :-\

"Under the dead of night", etc...

soera

« Reply #881 on: August 22, 2014, 10:22:14 am »
The Metallica song was my first choice but I couldnt seem to get a stupid video to embed so I just went with the pic.

« Reply #882 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:52 am »

Please don't listen to the fear mongers, Soera is about as evil as a kitty katt. Anyone who is that into Dragon Quest can't be all that evil.... now maybe if he was obsessed with Castlevania or something.

So now your as harmless as a kitty katt..lol

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #883 on: August 22, 2014, 11:10:01 am »

So now your as harmless as a kitty katt..lol

No need to be shy...it's okay to call a pussy a pussy here!   :o

90snostalga

« Reply #884 on: August 23, 2014, 12:12:06 am »
I will have to say Soera is not that evil but this guy named Turf is who you should really fear!!   :P