Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246804 times)

doafan

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #885 on: August 23, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »
Registered myself a couple of weeks ago, as almost everybody here started playing when I still had hair at my head and haven't lost the touch at least not yet, my collection is not the big the big deal since am just trying to get all those game that I use to play when I was a kiddo and damn some of them are pretty rare now anyway it's nice to be here.

Greetings from Mexico  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #886 on: August 23, 2014, 01:59:35 pm »
Registered myself a couple of weeks ago, as almost everybody here started playing when I still had hair at my head and haven't lost the touch at least not yet, my collection is not the big the big deal since am just trying to get all those game that I use to play when I was a kiddo and damn some of them are pretty rare now anyway it's nice to be here.

Greetings from Mexico  8)

Bienvenido a VGC amigo! 

Cuidado!

"Soera" es el niño del Diablo¿¡

Lo siento, Español no es mi lengua primera   :-[
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #887 on: August 24, 2014, 05:45:39 am »
Started to add things to my collection in order keep from buying duplicates. It has helped slightly, but I still buy good deals for trading. Looking forward to being a quiet lurker. Thanks!

mightymeowmixcat

« Reply #888 on: August 25, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »
I'm just a 14 years old autistic kid from Québec who really enjoy Nintendo stuff. Since I am too young, I can't have a job and get some beautiful plastic bills to buy some cartridges (I must be 16 to do that).
Just to know, what are the best ways for starting a little collection of retro games? I would really like to know.

So I think this is all I have to say.
*Insert some weird autistic s**t right there*

pacpix

« Reply #889 on: August 25, 2014, 05:55:31 pm »
Welcome to VGCollect!  I started collecting around your age as well a few years ago and I did a couple of things that helped start my collection:

1. Ask friends and family if they have any old games in the attic they are not using.
---This is how I got a large chunck of my Atari collection as I bought it from an uncle.
2. Stop into the thrift shops and pawn stores every once in a while.
---Most of them are picked over any more, but you can still find good deals at some of them.
3. If you do buy online try to get your games in lots.
---I don't do this anymore as I like to only collect games I will actually play now, but this can help you get commons when you start collecting.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

mightymeowmixcat

« Reply #890 on: August 25, 2014, 09:14:46 pm »
Thank you for these tips!

My uncle recently gave me a NES Action Pack (without the box) with games like SMB / Duck Hunt and RBI Baseball 2 (the cartridge barely works) plus a SNES (I already own that) which had a copy of SMW and a turbo controller.
About thrift shops, some people were selling some overpriced stuff and even counterfeit cartridges (Kirby : Red Diamond). At least I could find some good deal (three games for 20$, seems like a good price).
And for online purchases, I don't do that. If I stand correct, eBay is a good place to start but my parents don't trust that website in particular (they are a bit paranoiak about online stores).
*Insert some weird autistic s**t right there*

doafan

« Reply #891 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:34 am »
As a collector let me said that your uncle just gave you the best gift that you can receive, about the cartridge it probably only need some cleaning, at this point of my life haven't seen a NES cartridge that doesn't work anyway welcome to the forum is nice to see youngest people that like retro games ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #892 on: August 27, 2014, 03:34:36 pm »
I'm just a 14 years old autistic kid from Québec who really enjoy Nintendo stuff. Since I am too young, I can't have a job and get some beautiful plastic bills to buy some cartridges (I must be 16 to do that).
Just to know, what are the best ways for starting a little collection of retro games? I would really like to know.

Bienvenue!  ;D Plus de Québécois, hourra! J'espère que tu apprécieras le forum autant que moi, la communauté est super ici :) Ma recommandation serait de fouiller les ventes de garages et les marchés aux puces, je trouve rarement des jeux, mais quand j'en trouve c'est des bons prix en général!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #893 on: August 27, 2014, 04:00:18 pm »

Bienvenue!  ;D Plus de Québécois, hourra! J'espère que tu apprécieras le forum autant que moi, la communauté est super ici :) Ma recommandation serait de fouiller les ventes de garages et les marchés aux puces, je trouve rarement des jeux, mais quand j'en trouve c'est des bons prix en général!

Bon mots, mon petit chou chou, Karyann   :-*

Ah shit, this is now VGC's (what?) TRI-lingual introduction thread   :o

voulez vous couchez avec moi, ce sois + les yeux (sp?) sans visage are both tough to get out of my head once I've heard them    :P

karyann

« Reply #894 on: August 28, 2014, 11:11:32 am »

voulez vous couchez avec moi, ce sois + les yeux (sp?) sans visage are both tough to get out of my head once I've heard them    :P

I don't know about Les yeux sans visage, I'll have to google that at home later  :P More languages are more fun!

druaga

« Reply #895 on: August 28, 2014, 11:15:21 am »
Hello, I'm new here, how's everyone doing?

As you can see, I am a huge fan of Namco and their Druaga series. It's sadly pretty niche so I don't meet people often who know about the games. But at least I play all the Namco classics so I'm sure people will know at least SOME of them!

Some of my favorites include Toypop, Pole Position, Rally X and others.

davifus

« Reply #896 on: August 28, 2014, 11:25:46 am »
Uhh, been here for a little over a month. I like games. Nice to meet you.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #897 on: August 28, 2014, 12:29:27 pm »

I don't know about Les yeux sans visage, I'll have to google that at home later  :P More languages are more fun!

it's from the Billy Idol song that's (as you already know) called Eyes w/o a Face   8)

welcome to all new members!

We should really just sticky this, add it to the Style Guide, and/or add it to the site's registration page, but:

Avoid & beware of the SOERA!    :P

soera

« Reply #898 on: August 28, 2014, 02:56:39 pm »
The SOERA is a Mogwi in disguise.

« Reply #899 on: August 28, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »
Uhh, been here for a little over a month. I like games. Nice to meet you.

I LIKE GAMES TOO!!