Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246841 times)

seanmacys

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2014, 07:33:41 pm »
Hey guys my name is Sean and I'm 17, located in New York. I've had an account for a few months now but have never posted here, and I want to make some friends. I found out about this site thanks to MetalJesusRocks on YouTube. I love RPGs, especially Fire Emblem and other strategy rpgs, though I can't get into anything in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance of Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis. I collect for many different systems, and just went from being in a gamecube collecting mood to a more general one. I'm getting a ps3 in the mail soon, and I'd like to hear your favorite games that you'd recommend on the system as well.  8) Feel free to pm me and we can chat about games.
Playing:
Skies of Arcadia

Waiting For:
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei
Super Smash Brothers for Wii U

Spinning:
Run The Jewels - 2
Teen Idols & Spread - It Found a Voice...

davifus

« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »
Hi Sean

I'm David

Welcome to VGC

I like RPGs too  8)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #977 on: November 04, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »
Hey guys my name is Sean and I'm 17, located in New York. I've had an account for a few months now but have never posted here, and I want to make some friends. I found out about this site thanks to MetalJesusRocks on YouTube. I love RPGs, especially Fire Emblem and other strategy rpgs, though I can't get into anything in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance of Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis. I collect for many different systems, and just went from being in a gamecube collecting mood to a more general one. I'm getting a ps3 in the mail soon, and I'd like to hear your favorite games that you'd recommend on the system as well.  8) Feel free to pm me and we can chat about games.

I haven't been in this thread in forever... but anyway - welcome Sean!  :)  How do you feel about the Disgaea style?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #978 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:43 am »

I haven't been in this thread in forever... but anyway - welcome Sean!  :)  How do you feel about the Disgaea style?

hahaha!

My ears *were* ringing!

Welcome to VGC new members!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #979 on: November 05, 2014, 08:29:05 am »

Welcome! I also enjoy SRPGs, but can't get into FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre. I find their pace to be a bit slow, even for an SRPG.
If you're getting a PS3 and like SRPGs, I would recommend starting with Disgaea D2. Tears to Tiara II also came out recently, and I've heard good things about it. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to start it yet, but it should be really good. Also, feel free to add me on PSN. My PSN ID is the same as the one in my sig. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #980 on: November 05, 2014, 08:32:52 am »
I'm sure I missed some folks, so I'll welcome all of them in one giant welcome.

WELCOME!! <3

A few things to clarify: I'm fabulous, I'm an RPG player, I'm breathtaking and I'm modest. That last one is the most important.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #981 on: November 05, 2014, 08:56:41 am »

WELCOME!! <3

A few things to clarify: I'm fabulous, I'm an RPG player, I'm breathtaking and I'm an habitual liar. That last one is the most important.

you don't say...

:P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #982 on: November 05, 2014, 10:29:36 am »

Sean, I'm going to be honest.  I don't like RPGs.  There, I said it.  Now that that's out of the way, I do like people.  Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs.  Pull your shoes off, kick up your feet, and make yourself at home.

One word of warning: Watch out for soera... Don't ask why.  Just steer clear of him.  He can't be trusted.

karyann

« Reply #983 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:31 am »

Welcome, fellow RPG fan!  ;D I hope to see you around!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #984 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:24 am »

Sean, I'm going to be honest.  I don't like RPGs.  There, I said it.  Now that that's out of the way, I do like people.  Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs.  Pull your shoes off, kick up your feet, and make yourself at home.

One word of warning: Watch out for soera... Don't ask why.  Just steer clear of him.  He can't be trusted.

...and with that, you've taken over my job of "official soera-warner"   :P

Thanks, Turf!

As you'll soon see for yourself - it's a thankless task that'll quickly grind you down  :'(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #985 on: November 05, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »

Thanks, Turf!

As you'll soon see for yourself - it's a thankless task that'll quickly grind you down  :'(

I don't think of it as a title.  I think of it as a duty to be taken on by each and every VGC'er.  It has to be done.  No one person is responsible.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #986 on: November 05, 2014, 02:15:31 pm »

Thanks, Turf!

I don't think of it as a title.  I think of it as a duty to be taken on by each and every VGC'er.  It has to be done.  No one person is responsible.

Fair enough   ;)

kashell

« Reply #987 on: November 05, 2014, 02:16:50 pm »

WELCOME!! <3

A few things to clarify: I'm fabulous, I'm an RPG player, I'm breathtaking and I'm an habitual liar. That last one is the most important.

you don't say...

:P

darkypoo, editing my post to your liking isn't tantamount to gentlemanly behavior.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #988 on: November 05, 2014, 03:08:49 pm »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #989 on: November 05, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »
Is there a intro thread, lol ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]