Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251249 times)

thom

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #990 on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »
My name is Thom. I'm a 33 year old journalist/musician from Brazil. I own some consoles - Atari 2600 NES, Master System, SNES, Genesis, PSX, Dreamcast and PS2 - but I'm not a heavy collector. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute in some way to these forums.
Blowing on cartridges since 1987

kashell

« Reply #991 on: November 06, 2014, 02:51:18 pm »
Welcome! Brazil seems like a fabulous country. It's one of the many places I'd love to visit.

bobster

« Reply #992 on: November 06, 2014, 03:48:34 pm »
My name is Thom. I'm a 33 year old journalist/musician from Brazil. I own some consoles - Atari 2600 NES, Master System, SNES, Genesis, PSX, Dreamcast and PS2 - but I'm not a heavy collector. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute in some way to these forums.
This'll probably sound random, but I was at Disney World last week, and got a chance to try the beer Xingu in Epcot from Brazil. It was quite good!

Also, welcome to the site! We're a pretty laid back group.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #993 on: November 06, 2014, 04:06:04 pm »

Hi Thor

I'm David

Nice to meet you

Welcome to VGC

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #994 on: November 06, 2014, 04:16:51 pm »

Welcome to VGC!

Brazil?!

Maaaan, am I jealous  :'(

Carnivale FTW; Mardis Gras pales in comparison   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #995 on: November 06, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »

Welcome, my friend.  Feel free to jump right in.  You don't have to have a huge collection to be part of this crowd.  We have members with 10,000 games all the way down to 10 games.  We all share that love for games. 

I have this preconceived notion that every Brazilian is into Jiu Jitsu.  I think that because every Brazilian I have ever met has been in a Jiu Jitsu setting.  So, thanks to you and your people for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Brazilian Barbeque, and Brazilian women. 

Again, welcome! And enjoy VGCollect.com.  May I ask how you found us?

davifus

« Reply #996 on: November 06, 2014, 04:51:58 pm »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #997 on: November 06, 2014, 05:53:59 pm »

Welcome Thom,
Brazil you say, intresting, you might be able to get your hands on some of those sweet Tec-toy games for the master system ^.^
Brazil sounds awesome tough ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2014, 07:06:56 pm »
Hi everyone, my name is Adam. I've been gaming since the NES and owned just about every system up to the PS3. I would usually just sell my old system and games whenever I got something new. Lately I've been wanting to play some of the older games I used to have. Just bought a Genesis this week and hope to get a PS2 soon. Looking forward to using the site and meeting some cool people.

davifus

« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »
Hi everyone, my name is Adam. I've been gaming since the NES and owned just about every system up to the PS3. I would usually just sell my old system and games whenever I got something new. Lately I've been wanting to play some of the older games I used to have. Just bought a Genesis this week and hope to get a PS2 soon. Looking forward to using the site and meeting some cool people.

Hi Adam

Im David

Nice to meet you

Welcome to VGC

matt

« Reply #1000 on: November 13, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »

Welcome Adam!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1001 on: November 13, 2014, 07:46:39 pm »

DUDE!!! You just started this week???  Awesome!  I'll tell you first that this bunch of folks will lead you down a path of hoarding collecting like no other.  Hope you have plenty of room.   ;)

I'm kidding.  Good to have you.  Feel free to jump right in.  One word of warning though, beware of soera.  He's... shifty.

Since you've been playing games since back in the day, I'm sure you have some favorites.  What kind of stuff are you into?

« Reply #1002 on: November 14, 2014, 12:28:31 am »

Hello Thom,

Welcome to the forums!

Have any questions feel free to ask don't hesitate...

VGCollect has a great group of people willing to help you out in anyway we can.. ;)

« Reply #1003 on: November 14, 2014, 12:31:12 am »

Hello Adam,
 Welcome to VGCollect ... Hopefully you can get some of the retro games you use to play back in your hands... Have fun and glad to see more new members!  ;D

« Reply #1004 on: November 16, 2014, 12:04:08 pm »
Hello world!