Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 250897 times)

scott

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 12:23:00 am »
Mame cabs are an awesome project. If any of you need help let me know, I'd be happy to offer advice. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 09:48:49 am »
Might as well get my first post out of the way and stop lurking.  I just recently started collecting mainly NES, SNES, and Genesis games for the most part, but open to just about everything I may find on the hunt.  I will now have a place to put all my games and play them so that is why the collecting has started.  So far I have found some awesome deals at Goodwill and 1 garage sale, but going to the local swap meet soon.  Thanks to /r/gamecollecting I found this awesome site that Matt and Scott have been working on.  My 4 favorite things to collect and watch are Power Rangers, TMNT, Pokemon, and Ghostbusters.

madmax

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 10:11:20 am »
welcome! I found this place through r/gamecollecting too and quickly adopted it as my home :p I recently found my power ranger games for gamegear. I hadn't played them in years. I loved that show when I was younger :D

matt

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »
@iskelly87 Welcome to the site fellow /r/gamecollecting'er and thanks for the kind words. If you ever have an suggestions please let me know.

atariboy

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 05:24:04 pm »
Welcome @iskelly87 glad to hear you found a home for your collection. I was recently watching the Power Rangers movie on Laserdisc while adding games to my collection, I used to watch them all the time with my son and ya I'm a little old to have watched them myself so I use my son as an excuse lol!!!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 09:54:47 am »
@atariboy hah nothing wrong with that.  I will probably do the same thing when I have a boy, but then again I don't really have any shame in what I do now so maybe that won't change much...How is the power rangers laser disc release compared to the dvd releases?  I'm thinking about getting a laser disc player someday is it worth the investment?

neomysterion

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 04:38:01 am »
I know that I signed up for this site 2 months ago, but was too lazy to make a forum post here.
I'm Neomysterion from ToonZone, RetroJunk, Mario Party Forum, and other sites as well. I mainly collect games for Nintendo systems (mostly the NES, Game Boy, and Super NES), and I have a pursuit for seeking out harder to find NES games at the flea markets (I never used eBay).
If you know me from another site, let me know, and thanks! :)

matt

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »
Welcome @neomysterion!

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 04:15:31 pm »
Hello all, beautiful site!  I have been considering starting something similar to this site for awhile now but for the Sega Saturn only.  I'd much rather participate here!  My name is Anthony, I live in Utah and collect mostly Sega Saturn/CD and PS1.  I enjoy repairing/modding consoles and recently restored a Nintendo Red Tent.  I'd love to help in anyway I can, I'll probably start by submitting edits for Saturn information and photos.

Love how the android app is coming along as well, very useful tool.

scott

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »
Welcome @neomysterion and @varkias!

tpugmire

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 06:09:28 pm »
Hello all, beautiful site!  I have been considering starting something similar to this site for awhile now but for the Sega Saturn only.  I'd much rather participate here!  My name is Anthony, I live in Utah and collect mostly Sega Saturn/CD and PS1.  I enjoy repairing/modding consoles and recently restored a Nintendo Red Tent.  I'd love to help in anyway I can, I'll probably start by submitting edits for Saturn information and photos.

Love how the android app is coming along as well, very useful tool.

Where in Utah do you live?  I'm in West Valley.

This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 06:19:08 pm »
@tpugmire: Good stuff, I live in Ogden but I'm down in Sandy pretty frequently.

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »
Hey everyone, I saw someone on my sites with a sig pointing here and figured I'd stop by to check it out.

I collect mostly Nintendo and Sega, but I have a pretty extensive CIB 2600 collection too. I just recently completed my CIB Gameboy set, and I'm almost done with my Game Gear CIB set too.

I'm also a webmaster, and I run NintendoAge.com and SegeAge.com. I like to look at other collection sites for ideas on how to improve our collection tools. The collection sig is a neat idea.

See you guys/gals around!
-Dain

scott

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 09:34:10 pm »
Hey there @dain, welcome to VGCollect! I really dig NintendoAge, but don't venture over to SegaAge much. Also, Congrats on the Complete CiB Game Boy collection!

matt

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 09:32:29 am »
Welcome @dain! I'm the man behind all of the stuff here so if you have any question or comments please let me know. I'm a huge fan of your sites. Much like Scott, I often find myself on NintendoAge.