Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246769 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 08:04:37 pm »
@matt and @scott -- thanks for the warm welcome guys. If you guys want to swap links, just let me know. And please stop by every now and then! I'm a firm believer that the more the site out there, the better for all of us nutty collectors :)

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2011, 10:23:03 pm »
Well, I'm Nightowljrm (obviously) and I'm a retro gamer and I particularly love finding underrated and underplayed hidden gems for the NES/Famicom such as Holy Diver, Tararuuto Magical Kun: Fantastic World, etc. I started collecting only about two years ago (while in highschool, I'm a freshman in college now) so my collection is only about 350 items small.

desocietas

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2011, 10:28:48 pm »
so my collection is only about 350 items small.

"only" he says :)   (i have less than 200)
welcome!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 11:55:15 pm »
Welcome to the website @nightowljrm , Lots of retro collectors here. I just bought my first famicom games last week, they're in the mail. I'm so excited to get them :D

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 11:43:48 am »
Welcome to the website @nightowljrm , Lots of retro collectors here. I just bought my first famicom games last week, they're in the mail. I'm so excited to get them :D

Ooh! I have a small bit of Famicom games: Taruruuto Magical Kun: Fantastic World, Holy Diver, DragonBuster, and Chronicles of the Radia War (reproduced by The NES Dump in English) are the ones I have. All extremely fun. Love hidden gems on the Famicom! =D In fact, I have a series on YouTube that features a lot of games ont the Famicom. Check it out. (Just go to my channel, user/Nightowljrm, on YouTube).

matt

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:57 pm »
ohh feel free to pimp out your videos here in the forums.

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58:18 pm »
Hi guys. Just joined the site a couple of hours ago. Was looking for a service/page to show off my small (but growing!) collection and found this page. Looks good, and I like the fact that the community can help out in adding games (or details) to grow the database.

I'm just getting comfortable, give me a couple of weeks and I'll start with the recommendations :P

madmax

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »
Hey hey welcome to the site :D

That's a pretty good collection you go there! It's always great to see new faces ^_^

hexen

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 04:57:10 am »
Been here for a week or two, but totally never posted here.

Anywho, I am Matt, not to be confused with the Matt who maintains this fine website. I live in Texas and have been collecting games with my friend (Byron) for many years. First and foremost I am trying to collect a complete US NES set, though I certainly like EU/Famicom games and all other systems as well. I came over from a site called Retro Collect when I saw link here in Nightowljrm's signature (btw, I appreciate it.) Retro Collect is a good site, but mostly European and with a much smaller emphasis on user submission. I'd been looking for a site where I could track everything I had and even started to attempt taking a picture of everything I owned for personal tracking (view my collection and you'll see how futile this idea was.) I really enjoy being able to contribute to a larger-then-myself database and have enjoyed adding new games and scans immensely. I also like the idea of a growing community as VG collect is fairly new to the scene and I honestly beleive it's submission system will eventually make it the best database on the web.

Well, I'll see you all around.

Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

matt

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:38 am »
Welcome @kaizlu  and @hexen (even though you've been for a bit) and thanks for the kind works! We appreciate any help, suggestions and contributions. See you around.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 01:05:27 am »
Hi, everyone, I'm Drew hailing from Oklahoma. I've been hovering in the back for a while and figure it's time to introduce myself. I go by "dstone" on Digital Press/AtariAge/Build Your Own Arcade Controls/Oklahoma Coin-Op Collectors. I had an installation of Open Game Lister running on my server for a while until a PHP upgrade broke it. I don't know much about PHP so I hopped over to Excel spreadsheets. The admin at OC-OC pointed several of us over here and boy, am I glad he did.

I currently collect for just about everything as funds allow (I'm a college student majoring in broadcast production, so sometimes it takes a while to build up the gaming coffers again). I do have to say that MAME machines are like a gateway drug. Next thing you know you're dragging home a dedicated machine. Then two. Then they start breeding in the garage.

You guys are doing fantastic work. It's a pleasure to be a part of the community.

scott

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2011, 01:14:28 am »
Build Your Own Arcade Controls

A fellow BYOACer! sweet!

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 11:28:28 am »
And a fellow Oklahoman :)

matt