Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252173 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2012, 01:29:15 pm »
Another new guy here!

Brian is my name. I've recently started hunting and really trying to get go out of my way to make my collection really take off. Looking forward to being an active member in this community!

jcalder8

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2012, 05:13:53 pm »
Welcome to the site! I find that I have had the best luck by hitting the same spots regularly and only when I can going out of my way. I find getting to know the staff is a great way of getting deals/first pickings

scott

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »
Welcome @oreobear! Always happy to see new folks hopping on the forums, welcome to the community. :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2012, 04:33:08 pm »
Welcome oreobear!

atariboy

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:25 pm »
welcome oreobear!!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:55 am »
Hello there everyone!

I'm Gaz, 37 year old gamer and collector from England!
I came across this site when vgcollect started to follow me on Twitter.  As I reside in England I use
http://www.retrocollect.com/ to document my collection as they have an extensive PAL database, but I do collect retro games from both Japan and North America

It will be interesting to get to know a few people on here and see if there are any differences in the way we go about collecting etc.  For a little insight to my collection and collecting habits you can check out the link which features myself in a collector interview on the retro collect website! http://www.retrocollect.com/Articles/collector-interview-rpg-enthusiast-gaz-backhouse-lostruin.html

I'm on Twitter as @lostruin and I have a YouTube channel (although my video camera is broken, so no videos have gone on for a while), plus I also co-host the "Tune in Game In" podcast, where we talk about gaming and gaming news etc.  I joined from episode 3 and it is a work in progress!  It is on podmatic and itunes!
http://tuneingamein.podomatic.com/playpod/play/2012-01-09T14_12_49-08_00

That's about it for now!

Peace and happy gaming
Gaz!

Twitter - @lostruin

blipcs76

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2012, 10:32:19 am »
Hello everyone.  I recently joined and just finished entering my collection.  My main focus is NES games, preferably boxed or CIB, however I collection more or less everything.

This is a fantastic site and I love the tools available to keep track of our collections!

scott

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2012, 10:50:31 am »
Welcome lostruin and blipcs76! Thanks!

Lostruin, If there is anything we need to do for the PAL region, just let us know. Since most of our users are from the Americas we have a heavy slant of North American games, but would love to fill out the PAL list as well. So if you notice any consoles missing just give us a shout in the More Missing Consoles thread. we'll try our best to add them as fast as possible.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2012, 10:55:10 am »
Welcome lostruin and blipcs76! Sounds like you guys will both fit right in around here.

atariboy

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:41 am »
Welcome to lostruin and blipcs76.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »
lostruin and blipcs76, welcome to the site.

blipcs76, are you going for a complete NES collection?

lostruin, that's a pretty impressive collection.

blipcs76

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:11 am »
blipcs76, are you going for a complete NES collection?

Unless I get a huge raise or win the lottery, I'll never get a complete NES collection, especially since I focus on boxed or CIB games.  The prices have just gotten too high lately, so I focus on what I can find rather than buying stuff online.  I try to find what I can at pawn shops, thrift stores and garage sales to fill out my collection, but I'll likely never add a Stadium Events, Little Samson or Bubble Bath Babes to my collection unless I find one out in the wild.

matt

« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2012, 10:53:20 am »
I'm right there with you. I only work on CIB games too but will never spend the money people are asking for online. I'm all about good deals and random finds.

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

Scott, once I get quiet time to myself and the kids are in bed, I'll have a look and see if there are any consoles missing and let you know!

Twitter - @lostruin

soera

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:54 pm »
I have a few cib nes games (DK, Legendary wings, maniac mansion, tmnt, super C and my sealed DW1) but otherwise its cart only. I hate Nintendo cardboard boxes. I cant believe they used them all the way up to the Gamecube. I really like the boxes that have the sleeve encased in plastic (the Genesis style) that someone on ebay sells. Id love to have my entire NES collection in them but that would be way too much money on a bit of flash.

As far as the rest of my collection, my PS1 and my Dragon warrior/quest stuff I want 100% complete otherwise its just game.