Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251967 times)

madmax

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2012, 07:15:01 pm »
Lots of new faces :)
Glad to see that the numbers are increasing. Welcome to VGCollect ^_^

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2012, 05:31:04 pm »
Hi everybody! I have heard what a great community you have here from my wife Amauriel and finally decided to join. I mostly collect the SNES rpgs and large controllers (Steel Battalion, the ACE Combat 6 flight stick). The game series I enjoy most and try to collect are Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War.
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

scott

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2012, 06:33:24 pm »
Hi everybody! I have heard what a great community you have here from my wife Amauriel and finally decided to join. I mostly collect the SNES rpgs and large controllers (Steel Battalion, the ACE Combat 6 flight stick). The game series I enjoy most and try to collect are Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War.

Welcome! Glad to see new faces, even if they are spouses of other members. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2012, 08:52:26 pm »
Welcome ronalopolis!

jcalder8

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »
ronalopolis, welcome to the site. We will try to be as nice to you as we are to your wife.... try :D

soera

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:33 pm »
I mostly collect the SNES rpgs and large controllers (Steel Battalion, the ACE Combat 6 flight stick).

SNES RPGs are fantastic. Definitely a plus there. As far as the large controller, Im looking for one of my own that you probably havent ever seen.
http://kotaku.com/5535381/the-bizarre-dragon-quest-battle-road-victory-controller-approaches - Ive been looking for one for weeks ... they sold initially for $150 but there hasnt been one on ebay in at least a month.

jcalder8

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2012, 11:45:26 pm »
That's just wicked looking soera!

scott

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2012, 11:45:34 pm »
WHAAAAAT? I want one of those!

soera

« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2012, 11:57:24 pm »
Lol its awesome. Its modeled after the matching arcade game ... but its a pointless item other than for the game it was named after. But Ill be damned if that thing wouldnt look sick in my case!

soera

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:40 am »
Here is a pic of the arcade game its modeled after.

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=70169|0

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2012, 05:30:58 pm »
Lol its awesome. Its modeled after the matching arcade game ... but its a pointless item other than for the game it was named after. But Ill be damned if that thing wouldnt look sick in my case!

That is an awesome looking controller. Speaking of pointless controllers Amauriel once tried to play Katamari Damacy with the resident evil 4 chainsaw controller, hilarity ensued!
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

scott

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2012, 06:04:55 pm »

That is an awesome looking controller. Speaking of pointless controllers Amauriel once tried to play Katamari Damacy with the resident evil 4 chainsaw controller, hilarity ensued!

Did you guys see the katamari controller mod? Some chick turned a ps2 controller into a giant trackball to play katamari with. Haha

amauriel

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »

I played Animal Crossing with the Gamecube Chainsaw Controller as well...those things are awful!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

blipcs76

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2012, 10:11:39 am »
I really like the boxes that have the sleeve encased in plastic (the Genesis style) that someone on ebay sells. Id love to have my entire NES collection in them but that would be way too much money on a bit of flash.

As far as the rest of my collection, my PS1 and my Dragon warrior/quest stuff I want 100% complete otherwise its just game.

I hope those don't entail cutting the boxes!  There's a guy that lives relatively near me who's one of the primary sellers of the plastic game cases for NES/SNES games on ebay. I'd love to have them to protect and enhance my collection, but when I think about buying 200 of those plastic cases I think about how many more games I could buy with that cash instead.

scott

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2012, 10:21:32 am »
I really like the boxes that have the sleeve encased in plastic (the Genesis style) that someone on ebay sells. Id love to have my entire NES collection in them but that would be way too much money on a bit of flash.

As far as the rest of my collection, my PS1 and my Dragon warrior/quest stuff I want 100% complete otherwise its just game.

I hope those don't entail cutting the boxes!  There's a guy that lives relatively near me who's one of the primary sellers of the plastic game cases for NES/SNES games on ebay. I'd love to have them to protect and enhance my collection, but when I think about buying 200 of those plastic cases I think about how many more games I could buy with that cash instead.

Matt, myself and a few others here just use plastic sleeves for protecting our boxes. There is a whole thread on it here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,51.0.html

They are really reasonably priced as well and usually fit pretty snuggly.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:11:11 pm by scott »