Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246775 times)

jcalder8

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:56 pm »
I don't have enough boxed games to warrant using plastic protectors but I like the ones that scott and matt use.

« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08:55 pm »
Hi all. I'm Torchickens. I joined VGCollect after I came across the website several months ago and thought that it would be a good idea to keep track of my games. I especially like how this website allows the freedom to submit your own items. I haven't got much of a collection, but I like to discover and read about obscure and under-appreciated games on Nintendo consoles, and a desire to collect certain video games spun off from there.
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

jcalder8

« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:54 pm »
Welcome to the site torchickens. I wish that I had some unknown Nintendo games but I pretty much have just stuck to the tried and true.

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »
Thanks for the welcome jcalder8. I like your collection. It's pretty large and it's nice to scroll through all the entries.  :)
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 01:08:55 am »
Hi everyone! I just finished entering in my entire collection and i figured i'd celebrate with my first post. This site is such a great way for me to keep track of what i have and im glad i stumbled upon it. Also having an android app to go along with it is fantastic!

Im mainly into collecting whatever is a good deal at the time. But i like the kinda obscure stuff too. The 3DO, Jaguar, TG16 and Neo Geo is what ive been paying attention to lately.

and maybe my ocd will be able to help fill out the database stuff. Since all the games listed in my collection will need all the info for developer, publisher, boxart, etc.    ;)

jcalder8

« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 01:20:28 am »
Welcome ianomatic.

I found that gameFAQs is a great place to find pictures and info if you do feel the need to add in everything.  I found that I had to have pictures for every item or they just looked weird next to everything else I had listed.

madmax

« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 12:17:22 pm »
Welcome Iano :) I'm the same, I need a picture for every game in my collection  I'm glad to see so many new faces.

desocietas

« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »
Hi everybody! I have heard what a great community you have here from my wife Amauriel and finally decided to join. I mostly collect the SNES rpgs and large controllers (Steel Battalion, the ACE Combat 6 flight stick). The game series I enjoy most and try to collect are Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War.

Welcome Ronalopolis!  Hope you live up to the stories Amauriel has been telling about you... ;D
Welcome torchickens and ianomatic as well!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2012, 06:55:05 pm »
Welcome to all the new guys! Welcome to our little clubhouse, always glad to see new faces popping up.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2012, 07:23:42 pm »
maybe my ocd will be able to help fill out the database stuff. Since all the games listed in my collection will need all the info for developer, publisher, boxart, etc.    ;)
with yours and my ocd we should be able to fix so many games

darko

« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2012, 11:40:56 pm »
BUT...are you all OCD enough to make your own box art for your repro games? That, my friends, is OCD.

We're all OCD, you'll feel right at home!

scott

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2012, 12:50:13 am »
Pretty much anyone who collects anything is OCD. Some of us, just more than others.  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2012, 12:54:18 am »
It's good to know I'm around like minded people :D I'm at the point now where Im getting rid of games in my collection that don't have the original box. It's hard to find someone that will sell just the box, so now I'm repurchasing games just so I have it CIB

The wife thinks I'm insane

jcalder8

« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2012, 01:01:12 am »
BUT...are you all OCD enough to make your own box art for your repro games? That, my friends, is OCD.

We're all OCD, you'll feel right at home!
Oh yeah? Well my OCD's dad could kick your OCD's dad's ass any day!

matt

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:49 am »
Welcome to all the new people. I love seeing new faces. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions and I'll add them to the famous never-ending to-do list. :)