Author Topic: Wii U Ceases Production This Week  (Read 3653 times)

Re: Wii U Ceases Production This Week
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 09:25:45 pm »
Well I guess it is time to buy the wii u now.

aliensstudios

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 09:37:08 pm »
Well I guess it is time to buy the wii u now.
The official Nintendo refurb models are pretty decently priced unless you have to have it brand new.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

doafan

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 09:52:15 pm »
The official Nintendo refurb models are pretty decently priced unless you have to have it brand new.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200 200 hundred bucks for a refurb one at the Nintendo Store well I didn't knew that they sell refurb equipments, but want to believe that they do offer some kind of warranty and not like Game Stop or EB Games stores, will try to add one into my collection next year.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

aliensstudios

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 09:56:28 pm »

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200 200 hundred bucks for a refurb one at the Nintendo Store well I didn't knew that they sell refurb equipments, but want to believe that they do offer some kind of warranty and not like Game Stop or EB Games stores, will try to add one into my collection next year.
They do have a 12 month warranty, even the refurbished models. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantyinfo.jsp

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 11:32:20 pm »
Maybe they're planning on making a slim model?

I can't imagine why they would put the time, effort, and money, into a slim model.  The Wii U completely failed and even if they slimmed the main system down, it wouldn't be too much cheaper due to the gamepad.  They couldn't pull another Wii Mini, which I think was kind of a bad idea.  They removed so many features lol
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:34:21 pm by kamikazekeeg »

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 11:49:01 pm »
I will also recommend the refurb units from Nintendo.  I bought one about a year ago and it have had zero issues with it and it arrived in great condition. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 01:35:24 am »
Sad day. I know it was a commercial failure, but it definitely has some very high quality games despite its small library. And I know at this point it is somewhat cliche, but it definitely is the closest Nintendo has ever come to releasing a Dreamcast like system; one that was loved by fans, but was never adopted heavily by the market. While it is too soon to tell, it may end up going down as my 2nd favorite Nintendo console of all time.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 07:24:55 am »
Doesn't sound right that they would cease production before the other console is on the market.

I guess they probably have enough stock to keep sales going for a while. This won't mean that there are no Wii U on the shelves tomorrow, altough we can expect them to get rarer as stocks decrease worldwide

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 11:46:06 am »
Nintendo officially announced today that this is an absolute fallacy.  They will continue to produce Wii U systems, especially with the impending release of Breath of the Wild.

Honestly, what I expected.  Expect a Breath of the Wild bundle.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-denies-the-wii-u-production-is-ending-this-wee-1788479584
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:47:50 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 04:19:47 pm »
This is still Nintendo and it's in their best interests to deny cutting production to keep sales going for the Wii U through the holiday season and of course up to Breath of the Wild.  It might be actually false, but Nintendo has no reason to admit to it right now.  The Wii U is dead right now and it's only gonna get more dead once the Switch releases lol

It's like how they are saying the 3DS won't be killed by the Switch, but...the 3DS is gonna be killed by the Switch.  As much as they are pushing this as a "Portable Console", it's basically a handheld that does everything better than the 3DS.

rayne315

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:16 pm »
Maybe they're planning on making a slim model?

They couldn't pull another Wii Mini, which I think was kind of a bad idea.

Wii U Petit: Now without the following functions:

Internet connectivity
Sensor bar input
Wii Backwards compatibility
Controller Sync functionality
Game pad

Now only $175
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 08:06:02 am »
As crazy as you would imagine, the Wii mini was just ridiculous but Nintendo made a shit ton of money on it.  They sold and they never ever clearanced them.

But yeah, if they could market a Wii U Mini for $150 or less, that might be the thing that could get a lot of those late adopters that really want to play the games but don't want to pay over $200...

kashell

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 08:50:37 am »
I'd so buy a Wii U Petit if it were a thing.

aliensstudios

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 12:22:55 pm »
I'd so buy a Wii U Petit if it were a thing.
Lol I'd buy one too just to be one of 10 people to own it