Author Topic: What other hobbies do you have outside of gaming?  (Read 3406 times)

matt

What other hobbies do you have outside of gaming?
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:28:06 pm »
To compliment the other thread about collecting, what hobbies do you all have?

I have about a million but my latest obsession is homebrewing. I'm so far brewed 3 batches and am planning my fourth. So much to learn but it's so fun and satisfying. And also beer.

jcalder8

Re: What other hobbies do you have outside of gaming?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:27:30 pm »
Honestly between work, family and video games I don't have for any other hobbies.

madmax

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:59:10 pm »
Cars, I love to work on cars although I haven't really had the opportunity lately. My car has reached a point where I'm happy with it and I don't want to spend more money on it. Also BC laws are really strict compared to Quebec laws (BC is so conservative <.< ) so I have to hold back.

I am also an avid PC guy, I love to overclock and build rigs and such. Infact i will probably be building myself a new PC this summer ^_^

I also work at a few other websites, Try to make youtube videos and that kind of stuff.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »
Comics. I love reading and talking about them.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

I noticed this from Twitter, especially your fascination with Liefield. :)

Me, I've played Pen and Paper RPGs for decades, over the years I've gotten good at painting all the little miniatures. To the point where my cousins don't even attempt to paint their own anymore and farm it out to me. We get together every Saturday to play along with another friend and my Uncle. I also disc golf when the weather is nice enough and I snowboard in the winter time. When I have enough cash, I tinker with a bartop Centipede acrade machine that I am building and have plans for another machine in my head.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 12:10:18 am »

I noticed this from Twitter, especially your fascination with Liefield. :)
If you think that's bad... you've never seen me rage about Greg Land...

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 12:34:43 am »
I really enjoy woodworking when I get a chance. Can't wait to get settled in a new place where I can actually get my dust collector hooked up instead of having to roll everything out onto the driveway.

I've also made a hobby out of cataloging and organizing my dad and uncle's comic book collection. I think we're up to 100 long boxes now. :o

I've always enjoyed working with audio, video and lighting; it's what channeled me into the broadcasting field. My father sings in a barbershop quartet; I handle all of their sound reinforcement (even have a mobile rig that comes out when they sing at a large enough space that doesn't have a sound system for some reason). I bought myself a decent video camera for my birthday last year - I'm using that for school and work but also tinkering with video production on my own time (does that still make it a hobby?).

I'm a bit all over the place with some of this stuff. lol

soera

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:07 am »
Other than gaming, my hobbies are my Harley and my piercings. I tried to post pics of the bike on the other thread but it failed.

As far as the piercings go, I think I have 15. List : 4 gauge helix (worst pain of all of them), 16 gauge oracle with a hanging spider, 16 gauge tragus (a pair), 12 gauge industrial, 4 gauge lobes (pair) 12 gauge bridge of nose, 12 gauge septum, 14 gauge eyebrow, 12 gauge tongue, 14 gauge tongue web (the underside of the tongue), 12 gauge labret, 8 gauge nipple, 8 gauge navel. I am basically done with them though and not really sure there is anything left Id stick a needle into.

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 09:21:39 am »
Other hobbies? THIS IS MADNESS!

Yeah, basically just normal stuff... watching movies new and old, board/card games with friends (they're trying to get into D&D recently, but I have trouble enjoying that), anime (though not a whole lot anymore), manga (just a few). I watch a couple TV shows, but they're very few and very far between. I try my hand at writing stuff from time to time, but nothing ever comes of it.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »
I do computer stuff, building, tweaking, and some modding here and there. I also play Guitar and Bass and I do photography as well. All way too expensive hobbies on top of video games. Just started getting back into pen and paper rpgs the past few months as well.
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

darko

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 11:25:25 pm »
Hmmm...well my job keeps me pretty busy, but when I'm not working or collecting my hobbies are:

Computers - Starting to get back into building them after a 3-5 year hiatus.
Modding - Fun stuff like the iTV, iPhone, Android, iPad, and just about every non-current gen system I own when it makes sense.
Cooking - I love to cook. I have no idea why but it started in college. I can put together a pretty mean meal.
Movies - not as much lately since Hollywood has turned to shit.

I've gone through fazes throughout the years. I used to be really into home audio/video. I have a pretty decent setup now but nothing like I would have if I hadn't given it up. It can get really, really expensive very quickly. I still help a friend install systems in homes when he gets a job. I deal more with the computer side of things for him. He really likes SONOS so I usually go along to get all of the networking figured out.

I bought a house last year so that's been an unrelenting chore. There's always something to do no matter how new your house is!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:47:47 pm »
Zombie Thread!  It's back from the dead! 

Anyway, outside of old school games I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  I've been doing it for about 4 years, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  I get to do something physical and stay in some kind of shape, but it is acutally fun as apposed to running. 
It is the ultimate stress reliever.  Whenever someone is trying to choke you unconsious, you can't think about anything else.