Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 5808 times)

soera

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 07:51:03 pm »

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 09:01:42 pm »
That will be a hell of a collection.  Only big deal is that this is essentially confirming FF7R: Episode 1 for next year which is exciting.  I have wanted to play 6 and 9 some day, so this might be worth picking up if confirmed.  Sorta surprised they are putting out FFXIII on the PS4, but I'm guessing they are just the PC ports.  Costs very little and they'll sell at least a few copies of that horrid trilogy lol I'm curious if we'll get any sort of Switch support with any of this or if it's Sony only.

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2016, 04:39:38 pm »
FFXV is getting a real nice selection of free updates and fixes for the game in the coming months.

https://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xv-free-updates-road-map-new-characters-and-bosses-planned-403494.phtml

I was surprised to see that they are trying to improve and fix some of the problems with Chapter 13, which is a relatively long and boring chapter to do and I'd say almost terrible outside of a few moments.  They are also looking to add more Ravus content which is kind of a big undertaking when you think about it, but it's a great thing to have done.  The game clearly had some rushing done to it, particularly seen in how the story isn't super well paced and is missing some needed plot in between the bigger points, so if they are gonna improve on that for free and add in all this extra content, I'll be playing this game for quite awhile.

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »

davifus

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2016, 05:29:48 pm »
I hope I dont miss some kind 30th anniversary collector edition from the sq store.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2016, 01:54:41 am »
Just beat Pitioss Ruins, one of the hardest dungeons in the game, purely because it's a 100% platforming dungeon and it's tough as hell.  It's not particularly crazy, just rather convoluted at times, but because of the characters normal momentum, it can be pretty hard to get around.  I think I found like over 2 dozen accessories in it, along with the reward being an accessory that allows Noctis to automatically evade all attacks other than the AOE ones that'll hit you and if you are mid attack.  You also get a bunch of items, so it was a nice restock.  I can't say it was worth such a ridiculous time investment, but this is some serious endgame content lol

*EDIT*
Literally right after I wrote this, I went to leave the area, which requires getting into the flying car you get for beating the game and if you crash the car landing, it's a game over.  I went to land, was going to fast, the car crashed, I realized that the past 3 hours, I lost completely.  I was so mad at myself for not saving after that lol This game has pretty reasonable checkpoints, it's not the games fault, but man, I felt so stupid.  I'm redoing that now, though thankfully, now that I know where everything is, the paths to take, I should be able to just beat it in like half an hour.

*EDIT*
Nope, still took like 2 hours.  I'm never doing this place ever again lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:44:51 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2016, 11:08:26 pm »
Just to add to my torment, I figured I'd beat the other longest thing in this game, which is Adamantoise, who takes literal hours to beat.  Apparently if you have infinite airstep, just using that around his head is supposed to be the path to victory, but I ended up figuring out that the best way seemed to be to just hang around his left flipper, as I don't have the infinite airstep.  It's more boring that way, since you have no chance to parry which has the chance of giving you an awesome link strike scene, which I only did once, and apparently only fighting the fin, you never get summons to show up as I only had Ramuh show up once.  I think I took the longest path, but fighting head on seemed much worse.  Took me 3 hours ;-; You get crazy good stuff from it.  90k xp, 50,000 gil, and an accessory that'll completely max out your HP to 9999.  Sorta worth it, but man that was tedious lol

Now the only endgame stuff I have left I think is to do the final dungeons which are boring mazes with a boss fight at the end.  I gotta do the rest of the hunts also to get XP to level.  To beat the game completely, you probably need to be at like 85 or 90.  Also just need to spend a another hour or two fishing and I'll probably max that out and hopefully get survival done and I'll platinum the game.  My very first one! I honestly don't care about platinums, but it's cool to at least have it be of a game I'm enjoying.

davifus

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 10:57:07 am »
At chapter 13 but man... I'm in shock of Luna... FML I hate this game.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2016, 11:12:22 am »
I'm still in Chapter 3, so I'm trying to avoid any spoilers...

If anything, I went back and played the Platinum demo last night because a friend mentioned the Carbuncle summon only being available if you finished the demo. I never played it prior to playing XV, so it was kinda nice to see how they made it a demo of FFXV without really giving anything away about the final game. You get the sense of the combat (in a dumbed down way), a taste of things like weather, lighting, the passage of time, and the weight and feel of enemy creatures... even the running-around-and-looking-for-shiny-things-in-all-the-nooks-and-crannies aspect of the final game.

So it might not have been an obvious connection prior to playing XV, but it makes a lot of sense now after having played some of the final game.  Ran around yesterday doing lvl 15 sidequests... guess it's time to finally go to Lestallum, lol.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2016, 05:34:09 pm »

If anything, I went back and played the Platinum demo last night because a friend mentioned the Carbuncle summon only being available if you finished the demo. I never played it prior to playing XV, so it was kinda nice to see how they made it a demo of FFXV without really giving anything away about the final game. You get the sense of the combat (in a dumbed down way), a taste of things like weather, lighting, the passage of time, and the weight and feel of enemy creatures... even the running-around-and-looking-for-shiny-things-in-all-the-nooks-and-crannies aspect of the final game.

So it might not have been an obvious connection prior to playing XV, but it makes a lot of sense now after having played some of the final game.  Ran around yesterday doing lvl 15 sidequests... guess it's time to finally go to Lestallum, lol.

Sadly, Carbuncle only shows up in the game if you play on Easy.  He's basically an easy mode helper.  I was disappointed to find this out when I didn't see him show up after the tutorial.

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2016, 06:57:22 pm »

Sadly, Carbuncle only shows up in the game if you play on Easy.  He's basically an easy mode helper.  I was disappointed to find this out when I didn't see him show up after the tutorial.

Aw, I was wondering about that. Totally fine, as I figured the only other "perk" was that he'd supposedly have the custom name you gave him at the end of the demo. But thanks for letting me know - I was wondering about this but didn't want to run into any spoilers!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2016, 09:25:02 pm »
*EDIT*
A system restart and a wait seems to having fixed my trophy problem, so now I officially have Platinum for the game :D Still got hunts and the Menace dungeons to do, but I'll take my time on those.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:49:03 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2016, 02:26:36 am »
Just maxed out my levels in the game and it's ridiculous how much AP you need to get some of the final unlocks.  I don't feel like it's realistic to get everything, because there are so many high level ones.  Three accessory slots cost 333 AP per character, I have none.  Limit Breaks are 999 AP per character, I have none.  Sure, they have a lot of things that are supposed to earn you extra AP, but it seemed like the only time I was really earning a lot of AP, was in leveling.  Also to get the things that offer more AP, those can be upwards of 99 AP each to unlock.  I have a few that help, but right now, I'm sitting on about 660 AP and the rest of the AP is gonna come real slowly just to get one limit break.

Not sure if like New Game + will solve this when its released and I still have the Menace quests to do (God, these take forever and are super boring lol), and hunts, but I've put like a 100 hours in and kinda done the majority of the game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2016, 09:43:32 am »
I'm just going to post in this thread because I'll only have one FF thing to ever post.

My Secret Santa got me Final Fantasy 2 (SNES).  I'm really pumped for this. 

Now, you nerds can carry on.   ;)

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2016, 01:39:46 pm »
I'm just going to post in this thread because I'll only have one FF thing to ever post.

My Secret Santa got me Final Fantasy 2 (SNES).  I'm really pumped for this. 

Now, you nerds can carry on.   ;)

In celebration, I will listen to the FF2 soundtrack in FF15 lol Oh, and silly note of FF15 if anyone didn't notice, but there's totally a portable music player that you buy from the shop you can access in the car.  I didn't know about till well into the game, but it allows you to play all the music you want when running around on foot, which is nice to get some of that classic battle music playing during fights.