Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 59830 times)

abe

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2017, 08:53:18 pm »
I've fallen a bit behind schedule since my last completion, but I've got another one to add to the list tonight. Finally got around to finishing Erika's route in FE8 after not playing for several months. It was a lot of fun and I would highly recommend it. At some point, I'll probably get around to playing through Ephraim's route as well, but for now I'll go back to playing other things.

Finished (replayed games are in purple) Full List Here
    6. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA) Feb-20
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2017, 08:49:33 am »
Had a pretty productive weekend.  Beat Republique, Roundabout, and Lifeless Planet.  Started The Unfinished Swan yesterday and I'm already about halfway through.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »
FINALLY!!! It took me much longer than I expected, but I've finally beaten Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney! Damn, what a ride. I will admit that at some points I did get pretty frustrated with it (particularly in the fifth case), but in the end I'm very glad I played it. (Most of) the characters are really enjoyable, the court scenes in particular are surprisingly fun to play, and I'll admit the cases really did keep me guessing.
I think I'll hold off on the other two games in the Trilogy until later (even though I will admit I really want to meet Franziska von Karma), but for now I'm glad to be able to add the first Ace Attorney game to my list!

EDIT: All right, so earlier I stated I wanted to beat Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure in this message. Well, I did. I knew the game was short, but I wasn't expecting to get to the credits THIS fast. Seriously, if you skip all optional levels and you're a decent typer you can beat the game in about an hour. Well, I guess that's just another one for the list!

That brings my total so far up to nine, so I guess I'm right on track:
Italics means I had already started with the game november last year or earlier.
A red glow means this is a second playthrough
  • Life is Strange
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Kirby's Dream Land (completed)
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - PC version
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure

Currently I'm still working on Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, Sonic Generations and an Infinite Climax playthrough of Bayonetta 2.
Once all of these are done I think I'll finally finish up the final parts of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I'm really close to beating it, but for some reason I just stopped playing. Time to finish what I started! Also coming up for me is The Wonderful 101. I'll admit I didn't like my first experience with it, and I stopped playing after the first level. But it is PlatinumGames, and many people say it takes a few levels to get into, so I'm going to give it another shot! Oh, and Drawn to Life. Got to the final boss as a kid, couldn't beat it, sold it. Highly regret and and excited to play through it again and finish what I started!

EDIT: GODDAMNIT! So I was on World 6 of Super Mario World, and guess what? I accidentally loaded an old save state and got kicked back to World 2! Well I can tell you one thing for sure, Mario World is going on a low fire. I was already getting frustrated with it, so I'm switching to other games for now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:19:41 pm by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

kashell

« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »
Man, my poor PSP is not having luck this year. First Persona 2, and now Wild Arms XF.

I tried to once again get further into it, but it's slow as molasses and hard to keep up with. I used to think it was an alright game, but now I can say it's my least favorite Wild Arms. It's a real shame because I adore this series.

« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2017, 01:02:54 pm »
Man, my poor PSP is not having luck this year. First Persona 2, and now Wild Arms XF.

I tried to once again get further into it, but it's slow as molasses and hard to keep up with. I used to think it was an alright game, but now I can say it's my least favorite Wild Arms. It's a real shame because I adore this series.
Word.  I keep coming back to this game wanting to give it a chance, but it just feels like it does everything it wants to do wrong.

shfan

« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2017, 01:22:21 pm »
5) Resident Evil 5 HD (PS4)

It's funny how your memory can play tricks on you. Almost every area in this game was familiar to me, despite being of the mindset that this is vastly inferior to RE4, smaller and in general a mediocre game. I must have played this WAY more than I thought. How wrong can I get?

I don't know if this version is 'fixed', but a lot of the problems I remember with Sheva's AI just don't seem to be there any more, she was a big help and popped skulls with a powered-up handgun just fine! Smaller than RE4? Not to any great degree, if at all, from what I can make out. Samey bosses? Slightly guilty, but so what? Haven't touched the DLC or really done more than have a couple of goes on The Mercenaries, but I'm calling this done for now. Had a real blast with it.

6) Alienation (PS4)

Twin-stick shooter with random loot drops. Was very nice.

_____

Also putting down Dark Souls II now, it's been great but it's time for some new games :D

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2017, 12:22:20 pm »
So, I'm still really, really behind this year.

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Dark Souls III
3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
4. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Dr. Mario

I was trying to beat Ages and Seasons before Breath of the Wild, but Ages was WAY more in depth than I expected.  The GF and I are also about to finish Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.  It's been much better couch co-op since we upsized our TV.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:06:54 am by Cartagia »

kashell

« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2017, 03:59:49 pm »
The review is up for Wild ARMs XF.

« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2017, 09:41:19 pm »
It has been a while since my last review, mostly due to a very busy personal life and me currently trying to tackle an RPG, but here is one I just added.

17. ESP Ra. De. (Arcade): Definitely one of the better games I've played released by Cave, this game deviates from your typical spaceship to a physic teenage of sorts shooting one of three types of spells at your opponents. Between juggling these spells and the energy, cool down, and quantity you have for them, this game was a pretty fun, balanced shooter. I did have a bit of issue with the controls being a tad bit floating and there being a slight delay, but overall it didn't hinder the experience that much. (2/25/17)

« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2017, 01:49:08 am »
9 - For Honor (PS4 2017) - ABANDONED - I beat the first chapter with the knights and thought I could get through the rest of the chapters to at least complete the story mode, but I got abit over half way through the vikings chapter and I realized just how boring this story mode is.  I know it's essentially a glorified practice mode, but I can't believe they took the idea of post-apocalyptic vikings/samurai/knights, and made it dull.  There's no flair or really inventive elements that I can see that take advantage of the setting, rather than just being a real weird excuse to put these warriors in a close area.  The combat is interesting, but I don't find it fun and it looks like the bigger game modes like dominion have some big issues related to gear and level mismatching.  Not a game for me.

kashell

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2017, 01:09:48 pm »
Time to start writing a review for Tales of Berseria. I finished it yesterday.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2017, 11:01:21 am »
Man I started the year out so well but I got caught up in playing the WC3 campaign and FF7 now and I havent completed a game all February... oh well at least I'm having fun lol

rayne315

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2017, 02:44:44 pm »
Man I started the year out so well but I got caught up in playing the WC3 campaign and FF7 now and I havent completed a game all February... oh well at least I'm having fun lol

and that's all that matters.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »
Last weekend was pretty productive, added 2 more games to my list.  Sitting at 22 games beat out of 24 played this year.

Starting up Bloodborne until the Switch comes out.

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2017, 05:52:21 pm »
Update of my list :

Only the games I finished :

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs

List of games beaten + abandonned/currently playing/not finish-able (but at least played more than a few hours to count)

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Virtua Fighter 5
7. Soulcalibur 3
8. Soulcalibur 5
9. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
10. Bloody Roar Primal Fury
11. Saints Row 3
12. Watch Dogs
13. The Sims 4
14. Heart Of Darkness (abandoned half way trough cause it's fucking hard lol, gonna finish it later)
15. Donkey Kong Country 2 (almost finished)
16. Rise of the Tomb Raider (same)
17. Tomb Raider (just started)