Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 59648 times)

kashell

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2017, 08:28:24 am »
The reviews for Dance Dance Revolution X and Mr. Bones are up on my page!

shfan

« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2017, 11:57:11 am »
10) Insaniquarium! (PC)

Here's a blast from the past, can't believe I used to play this back in further education college 0.0 Finally beat the main story mode after all these years, certainly did become a bit frantic on the last few levels.

abe

« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2017, 01:28:02 pm »
Finished the new Zelda after 90 hours of play. Wow. What an adventure that was, and what a way to launch a new console. At the beginning of the year I had it in my head that Persona 5 was probably going to be my GOTY, but it's got some serious competition with Breath of the Wild.

I've got a lot of good stuff to say about the game after all the time I've spent playing. I didn't have too much to complain about, but the frame drops are what most people seemed to take issue with. While it's unpleasant and can get pretty bad at times, it doesn't really happen often enough to be a huge issue. Some people didn't seem to be a big fan of equipment durability either, but I had no issues with it. It was a nice change and weapons were never scarce enough for it to be a problem. The game looks great, and has great music too. Hyrule was huge and exploration was a lot of fun (when it wasn't raining). There's stuff to do and look at just about everywhere on the map, and every place was full of character. It turned into one of those "just a few more minutes" kind of games for me. There's so much to do between the side quests, story quests, shrines, and collectables that I had a hard time putting the game down. That's the main reason I didn't get around to finishing it until I had played as long as I had. Another aspect of the game I really liked was the freedom you had as the player. You can do more or less anything you want in whatever order you please after finishing the opening four shrines and getting all the "runes" you'll need to finish the game. While it's not the best idea to rush straight to Hyrule Castle to fight Ganon after you finish the first four shrines, you can if you want to and I like that a lot. While it's quite the departure from the previous Zelda formula, I had a lot of fun and as I've said this may very well end up being my personal choice for GOTY.

Finished (replayed games are in purple) Full List Here
    7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) Mar-27
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »
14 - Super Mario Run (Android 2017) - BEAT - Well this might be the shortest game I add to the list.  Overall, while it's not a bad game, I certainly like it more than their Fire Emblem game and that there are no micro-transactions, there's just very little content here.  There's only about 24 levels, all of which are basically about a minute or less to complete.  I do like that there are multiple challenges in each one for the coins, but that's not really content, those are just tiny variation challenges within the levels.  And then there's Toad Rally, which is kinda grindy and there's no guarantee of progression.  I was never against the 10 dollar price tag, but the game feels lazy with the lack of content and I'd guess just using assets they probably already had from one of their other Mario games.  Heck, the other times you don't fight Bowser, they don't even put in multiple Koopalings, it's the same one all three times.  That's damn lazy.  Nothing terrible, but they didn't really make me feel like I spent a good 10 bucks here.  I got far more substance out of Blaster Master Zero for 10 bucks than I did this.

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2017, 02:05:34 am »
I joined the beat Breath of the Wild club tonight and what a night it was!

24. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch): I will begin by saying Breath of the Wild is the greatest game I played since Half Life 2, which I first beat over 10-years ago. Almost without exception, from start to finish I was in love with nearly everything about this game; I always found myself wanting to do at least ten different things all at the same time, with a new mini adventure taking its place as soon as I finished one task. From beginning to end I found myself surprised by parts of this game, and mind you this is around 80-hours into the game. While the game does have some flaws, for every one fault this game has, there are easy 25 amazing things to make up for it. With the game beat and me feeling a sense of satisfaction I have not felt after beating a game in many years, I am currently thinking about something I never thought possible; do I like this game more than Ocarina of Time? Even if the answer ends up being no, this game has at least secured its spot as my third favorite game of all time. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an unmitigated masterpiece that I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to play and enjoy in my lifetime. (3/28/2017)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2017, 03:42:34 pm »
52 Games list
1.  Dragon Quest VII- 3DS
2.  Dragon Quest Builders- PS4- Done- Beat Main Story
3.  Hyper Light Drifter- PS4
4. Roller Coaster Tycoon- PC- Done- Beat all Original Scenarios
5.  Titanfall 2- Done- Beat Main Story on Normal
6.  Deus Ex Mankind Divided-Done- Beat Main Story on Normal, all Sidequests
7. Skies of Arcadia: Legends- GC- 5 hours in
8. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst- few hours in, game is pretty dull, probably won't finish this one
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt- PS4- Done- Beat main story-
10. Paper Mario- N64- 5 hours in
11. Zelda- Breath of the Wild- Swtch- Few hours in
12. The Witcher 3 DLC- Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine- Complete
13. Nier Automata

6/13 so far.  Not really on track for 52 but I'm not exactly choosing short games

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2017, 04:42:17 am »
15 - Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City DLC (PS4 2017) - BEAT - Normally I don't put down DLC (Only other one I did was the Dying Light expansion), and I could've done this with the last DLC for the game, but I'm going to count Ringed City as it takes like 5 to 10 hours to beat and that's practically game length at that point.  Overall, I liked this one a lot more than Ariandel.  I felt more engaged with the setting and it has some pretty good fights in it.  I still have one optional boss to fight who's just a tedious health sponge and frustrates me to shit, but I beat everything else otherwise.  After how disappointing the Final Fantasy XV and also the Resident Evil 7 DLC were, it was nice to have this one just be fine quality gameplay and action.

« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2017, 10:15:13 am »
1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Donkey Kong Country 2
11. Tomb Raider
12. Aggressive Inline
13. Hitman Season 1
14. SSX 3
15. The Wolf Among Us
16. Donkey Kong Country (almost done)
17. Unravel (almost done)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »
I just gotta say I'm very jealous how so many of you can complete so many games! What is everyone's schedule? I cannot imagine having so many games done already this year (I havent even finished disc 1 of FF7 yet, and I'm not one to lollygag and take forever completing something).

« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2017, 06:19:08 pm »
I just gotta say I'm very jealous how so many of you can complete so many games! What is everyone's schedule? I cannot imagine having so many games done already this year (I havent even finished disc 1 of FF7 yet, and I'm not one to lollygag and take forever completing something).

I have far too much spare time than I care to admit, though life changes happening will cause that to dwindle to very little coming up.  I'm not likely to get a ton more games in this year like I would've wanted.

rayne315

« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2017, 06:34:53 pm »

lol idk I only play games on the weekend anymore and that is just 6 or so hours total. I have a lot of free time to play games but I really just enjoy playing with someone else.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2017, 08:27:19 pm »
When I get off work, I try to play for a few hours a day, roughly from 5-9pm.  Weekends are almost an all day thing 7am-9pm.  Minus normie shenanigans.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2017, 10:17:08 pm »
Just finished Breath of the Wild. Honestly this is my new favorite Legend of Zelda game

« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2017, 02:04:46 am »
12 - Nier: Automata (PS4 2017) - 30 HOURS BEAT - Finally finished with this and while I started out abit more excited about the game, by the end, I was simply wanting to end it.  For how unique its execution is, and that it does have some reasonably quality Platinum game (not their best, but good enough), and some cool moments, I really kinda hated the overall experience.  Nier is set up in basically multiple parts and while I won't explain everything exactly, to get the full true story of it all, requires kind of 100%'ing the game in getting all the parts I believe, though there are just essentially three main parts of the game.  By the 2nd part, I started to lose interest in the game, and I wasn't really back on board by part 3.  It's a not a bad game and I know some people loved it, but I felt a lot of frustration with the game and just don't think it was ever truly for me.

« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:25 am »

I have been playing mostly SHMUPs this year, which can be beat typically in half an hour or less. I have been making a point to try and beat them multiple times, somewhat out of guilt, but mostly because I want to get a good feel for them before writing about them on here. However, I'm sure if I devoted myself to playing games that took longer to beat I'd be lucky to have half the games beat I currently do.

Normally I am very busy, and while I guess that is somewhat true still, I have devoted more time to leasure over the past 4-months or so, which means more games. One of these days though I'll need to hit the books again and start studying for my next tech cert.