Author Topic: My Mint Sealed Vita Arrived Like This.... :(  (Read 2076 times)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

My Mint Sealed Vita Arrived Like This.... :(
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:26:24 pm »

They taped up the whole box and shipped it. All the corners are now dinged and the box is trashed with tape.  :( :o
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Nickkchilla

Re: My Mint Sealed Vita Arrived Like This.... :(
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:31:26 pm »
Was this purchased on eBay or through PayPal? If so, I'd fight to get my cash back.

I feel the frustration. I enjoy having my game and system boxes in pristine condition.

azure

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:20:24 pm »
I'd definitely approach for a refund on this one, that's ridiculous.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:23:41 am »
What a stupid asshole... I once had a guy ship me a damn video card just like that!

I would freakin' murder that guy! That makes me so angry you have no idea. leave that dude a nice negative while your at it  ;).

and let us know how it turns out. 

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:32:07 am »
This was an ebay purchase. I was contacted saying I would receive a refund if I returned it.

Supposedly it was a lady and her son shipped it for her. Who knows. 

It is definitely frustrating and sad to see a nice pristine item now destroyed.

I need to figure out if she is going to be cool and offer to pay return postage or if this is going to get ugly.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 01:42:48 am »
I've had plenty of experience working with eBay, and as far as this issue is concerned the seller needs to be liable for return shipping. The item was significantly not as described, and I'm assuming you did not tamper with the Vita in any way.

Always make sure you submit the return through eBay's resolution center and wait for a prepaid label from either the seller or eBay. Never send the return back with money from your own pocket.

You should be refunded in full.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:28:42 am by Nickkchilla »

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 03:49:23 am »
Aww crap! I hate seeing stuff like this, I mean how hard is it to get a box to put it in.
I recently had to return a Virtual boy that was sold in working condition. Ebay is pretty good about that stuff, you shouldn't have to pay for return shipping.
Good luck though, hope it all works out for you.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 03:59:41 am »

They taped up the whole box and shipped it. All the corners are now dinged and the box is trashed with tape.  :( :o

This is painful to look at. I've had this same thing happen to me years back when I won a Sony Portable CD-I off eBay. I say get you a full refund + have them eat the cost to ship it back to them.  >:(

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:51 am »
To be totally Fair It's not done on purpose

Many people Think that one doesn't care about the box, even if It's something old some people think that the box is not to important, furthermore the people who produced the console also used the boxes to ship and to protect the console inside nothing more. And to be fair most people who would buy this one would not complain since it is a working ps vita don't give a **** about the box. And seriously there are big brand name stores who sell these things brand new with a very tight line wrapper around wich crushes the box (has already crushed the box) and still people are buying them for full price. And this is an example of something that is not even shipped but in stores.

With older stuff It's less likely to happen unless you have a buyer who isn;t a collector or does not now the additional value of the boxes than there is a chance, Always really important to mention that the box is really important to you if you buy older stuff at a bargain price, Also be really specific, since if you don't even when done in a sturdy box people still tend to put tape on the boxes to prevent a cardridge or console from falling out of the original box  :P

As far as this goes pretty new and many people do not really care about the box and trash it. It's not to strange that it is packed like that, I wouldn't do it but even stores do it sometimes for other electronic appliences even smaller ones. Consoles are no exception

I don't know how experienced this specific seller was, but most normal people have to make an effort to find a nice cardboard box, Not everyone has stacks of boxes for shipping and otherwise you have to spend a couple dollars for an empty box at an post office wich is quite allot for something that can be easily aquired for free.

Getting a box is not as easy as it seems for regular people, some people really have to go out of there way and buy a box somewehere and shipping can take some days because of that. Allot of People do not even have tape and have to buy that just to ship the item, Because of that there are quite some people who do not want to ship the items since it takes way to much effort, Pretty annoying if you want to offer some decent money on stuff wich has a limited market and doesn't sell.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:20:53 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 01:10:39 pm »
Yeah as sworddude said, sometimes you run into those really practical types who don't think anything matters about a game console other than does it play games.

I've had stuff shipped like this. Vintage stuff.

I have some extra vita console boxes in storage I think. Probably not the version you need.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:30:28 pm by Warmsignal »

doafan

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 01:34:28 pm »
Was this purchased on eBay or through PayPal? If so, I'd fight to get my cash back.

Totally agree, that dude/seller is a complete asshole so the company who made the delivery, can't believe that they can send items with out their proper box, is fucking ridiculous.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

rayne315

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 02:23:57 pm »

Totally agree, that dude/seller is a complete asshole so the company who made the delivery, can't believe that they can send items with out their proper box, is fucking ridiculous.

im surprised it didn't get taken from any of the destinations it was at... you know "lost"
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gamesta64

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 03:15:38 pm »

that,s bull$#!* there,s another thing and its security tapes on dvds and games from amazon.com
its no fun at all
jesus!  ):(

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 04:41:24 pm »
The lady definitely knew that the box was important I think because her listing had pictures it from all angles showing it was sealed and decent condition. I am going to chalk this up that she is telling the truth that her son took it in to USPS without a shipping box so they just slapped some priority tape on it and sent it along.

I need a new OLED Vita anyway, but I had yet to have the First Edition bundle. I might see if she will cut me a deal on keeping it with the thought that the outside box is trashed. What is nice about Sony bundles is that most times the inner boxes are the retail boxes so I would just lose the new outer box I had wanted.

doafan

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 03:58:22 pm »
im surprised it didn't get taken from any of the destinations it was at... you know "lost"

Yeah that's very common here in Mexico, if they know what it's inside the package and of course if they know it's expensive, an smart phone or even a game they "lost" the package.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy