Author Topic: What is the most addictive game you ever played?  (Read 4187 times)

sin2beta

Re: What is the most addictive game you ever played?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 06:12:23 pm »
The Blizzard trilogy of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo for me. For all three franchises, my play time is not measured in hours or days but weeks or months.

Other addictive games are plants vs zombies. The wife and I stayed up all night playing it on our first play through. I also found Tropico 4 and Stardew valley tough to put down recently.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 08:05:16 pm »
I've never had a game chew up chunks of my life, but I've been pretty deep into a few.

I was ate up with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.  I played every night for a while.  I bought it early, before the 12 year olds that have had sex with my mom got really good at it.  That was such a good game.

kashell

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 08:28:12 am »
I've never had a game chew up chunks of my life, but I've been pretty deep into a few.

I was ate up with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.  I played every night for a while.  I bought it early, before the 12 year olds that have had sex with my mom got really good at it.  That was such a good game.

Kids these days grow up so fast.

aliensstudios

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 09:41:37 pm »

One of the best things ever posted haha!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 09:56:44 pm »
Basically any TCG with new cards coming out all the time, constant tinkering of your deck, different strategies to make your deck go around and deal with other people's decks, some have multiple game types to play with the same cards.

thewelshman

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 11:58:41 pm »
Dragon Force on Saturn cannot be in my sight if I have a Saturn hooked up.
Age of Mythology is purposely not installed on my computer.
Everquest was my addiction for years before WoW came along and I've only recently cooled to that.
Diablo 1 was an itch that constantly needed scratching for a LONG time. Surprisingly I invested almost no time into Diablo II which is usually the one that people say they were addicted to (the DVD drive on my new computer at the time was faulty but I blamed it on the Diablo II disc and never got into playing it :P)

EverQuest was my "drug" of choice off and on from 2001 until about 2012. I played on the 7th Hammer server and eventually the Luclin server and loved every minutes of it. I still go back and play the classic emulated server that only goes until Velious from time to time.
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Gears of War 2
Trails of Cold Steel I and II
Right now: Final Fantasy XV

ferraroso

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 04:35:32 am »
I've never been very fond of games that most people would considere to be addictive like Diablo, Minecraft, Pokemon, MOBAs and MMOs...

However, I would say that Jade Cocoon (Tamamayu Monogatari) on the PS1 and much more recently Destiny on the PS4 were games that I've played at least 1 or 2 hours everyday day for one year or so during the peak of my addiction.
But I am over it now... Haha.

shepard11

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 11:50:53 am »
I remember being in college 2000-2004 and playing so much half-life multiplayer, team fortress, counter-strike and diablo II. I had to take a few course over because I failed them because I rather in be in my dorm playing those than being in class. Whoops.

Outside of Pokemon these days, the only game to get its hooks into me would be Destiny for Xboxone but I'm slowing weening myself off that haven't played in weeks.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 06:37:21 pm »
fallout 3,4,oblivion,disgaea 1-5

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 02:40:04 pm »
Someone already mentioned MH3U (450+ hours), but I couldn't put that down for a good while. Haven't been into them as much lately, but would probably lose a whole season of my life if it ever comes to switch.

In high school it was most certainly Diablo II and Starcraft. Gotta love those dial-up multiplayer Hell runs...

abe

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »
Civ III and Team Fortress 2 are a couple big ones for me. I played a lot of TF2 back in high school, and lots of Civ III before that.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

alkaid

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 11:01:59 pm »
Galaga, I only quit when I run out of quarters or juice.
Tetris, especially Tetris Worlds on the PS2 since it seems it just keeps adding extra time to the time limit for eternity. I still don't understand why exactly.
Yu-Gi-Oh games, especially the GBA ones.
Oblivion, I'm hesitant re-install it.
Princess Maker 2 until I finally got the Princess ending. Completely dropped it after that, even though I could go for other cool endings.
Back when I played Attorney Online with a certain group in its prime time, I would stay up every weekend playing it, and for many days if I was on break. Games could go anywhere from 2 to 6 or 7 hours, a few special ones even a little longer. Thank god for laptops I can take with me to the kitchen and bathroom.
Was also super into Luna Online and Eden Eternal, but LO shut down a while ago and EE is as good as dead, unfortunately. I still play on a private server on Runescape, but I usually play while doing something else, so I don't know if it counts.
No, really.

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 06:17:15 am »
Right now, it's Word Cookies on my phone. I can't get anything done now. My life is in shambles. Fricken anagrams.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 01:03:30 am »
The game I was most addicted to: Skyrim.
It was the only game I played over a span of a few weeks, and I ended up with over 100 hours into it before I finished the main quest. I don't think I have more than 50 hrs invested in any other game.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 09:27:25 pm »
The Sims hands down!
Also the Skate serie and Team Fortress 2 are really addictive!