Author Topic: Walmart clearance games "struggle bin" YMMV  (Read 1341 times)

Warmsignal

Walmart clearance games "struggle bin" YMMV
« on: February 01, 2017, 04:04:24 pm »
Wanted to post this here, in case other might have the same luck. My local Walmart store has just put out one of those large bins full of clearance video games. Ranging all modern consoles, new and "Walmart pre-owned" and prices from $5 - $19.99. I was able to find Mega Man Collection (PS4) for only $5, and Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) for $15.

This is a "your mileage may vary" deal, it might not be occurring at all stores, and all stores might not have the same stock. But, it's worth a shot.

jason

Re: Walmart clearance games "struggle bin" YMMV
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 11:52:54 pm »
Thanks for the heads up!

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 06:24:07 pm »
I saw this bin and it is annoying. Half the games are not priced, and at least at the one I went to, there is no price checker anywhere nearby. So go on a jaunt across the store to find out all the things I picked up were still $50-60.

I did get the Sega 3D Classics Collection for 3DS for $20.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:46 pm »

Same price at GameStop.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 11:21:50 pm »
I saw this bin and it is annoying. Half the games are not priced, and at least at the one I went to, there is no price checker anywhere nearby. So go on a jaunt across the store to find out all the things I picked up were still $50-60.

That doesn't sound right. $50-60 dollar games being left out in a bin? Sounds like a mistake on the part of that store.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 10:52:45 am »
Well they are the ones with no clearance price tag, that's how they scan. Maybe they just put overstock in that bin too.