Author Topic: My Cost Section  (Read 1467 times)

My Cost Section
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:25 am »
Not everyone is from the USA :D can we get localised prices? Or the option to select what currency we used to pay(drop box or something)? £,$,€,¥ at least, As more people join (hopefully anyway) there will be more people from more places around the globe.

matt

Re: My Cost Section
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:00:10 am »
THIS IS GOD DAMN 'MERICA!

How bout I just remove the $ and make it a free form text box?

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:12:05 am »
You could do that depends on how you have the values stored in your database lol ;)
A neat feature for the future might be being able to see what other prices people have paid for the same item, although this may cause arguments lol

scott

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:43:47 am »
One thing we wanted to do was keep track of what games are selling for and have a list of average pricing over the course of time. I'm not sure if showing what people have paid for items is a good idea, I agree it may start problems, ha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:23 am »
Right now they are just a text field so the currency doesn't matter. If we ever evolve that section I could simply filter out the integers from the field. Not sure if that'll ever happen tho as it is really just for personal reference.

As for other prices, I am already recording Amazon new and used prices and am hoping to do something with that eventually. It is really hard to estimate a value since we really only have eBay and Amazon to go on. I'll be looking into the eBay API soon.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »
Ok for now maybe just make it into a free form box then :)